You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
(10 Jun 2015, 4:15 pm)Robert wrote The 08:10am #44 from Stanley to Durham was either running early, late or didn't operate at all this morning. It certainly didn't come down the bank before the ordinary #44 at 08:25am and i was at the stop from 08:00am.

Contact Customer Services and log a complaint.
(10 Jun 2015, 4:17 pm)citaro5284 wrote Contact Customer Services and log a complaint.

I unfortunately don't need to as that wasn't the service i was waiting for Tongue . It was just something i noticed that's all as i very rarely see it anyway with my bus being timed to come 5 minutes earlier.
(10 Jun 2015, 4:21 pm)Robert wrote
I unfortunately don't need to
as that wasn't the service i was waiting for Tongue . It was just something i noticed that's all as i very rarely see it anyway with my bus being timed to come 5 minutes earlier.

Thank goodness for that.

I thought previous dealings with them were bad, but recent dealings with GNE Customer Services, left me with impressions of total incompetence.

I won't share the complaint details on here, but they are out there in the public domain if anyone wants to hunt them down.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(10 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm)Tom wrote When the East Durham gets new buses, will the 238 be included in it as well?

Don't think so, no point in dropping it from the brand after doing changes then putting back as East Durham when it gets new buses, they might of well kept it as East Durham now. 

(10 Jun 2015, 4:47 pm)cbma06 wrote The 238 has been took of the east durham brand since the latest changes

http://www.simplygo.com/route-savers/

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/east-durham

Yet still has the changes from 26 January 2015 for the 38................. -.-
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Jun 2015, 4:50 pm)Michael wrote Don't think so, no point in dropping it from the brand after doing changes then putting back as East Durham when it gets new buses, they might of well kept it as East Durham now. 

Yet still has the changes from 26 January 2015 for the 38................. -.-

probably get updated near to the time when the solos arrive and hope its not dark pink Exclamation

The East Durham allocation at peterlee is 14 buses and theres 14 solos coming, so no new solos for service 238 unless GNE paints up some of the solos at Deptford.

(10 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm)cbma06 wrote probably get updated near to the time when the solos arrive and hope its not dark pink Exclamation

I like the current East Durham brand, i hope they don't drop it...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Jun 2015, 4:56 pm)Michael wrote I like the current East Durham brand, i hope they don't drop it...

if their do keep the brand, then the brand needs refreshing as its so bland and doesn't look good. traveling along rural roads doesn't keep the bus clean especially in bright yellow colour.

(10 Jun 2015, 4:55 pm)cbma06 wrote The East Durham allocation at peterlee is 14 buses and theres 14 solos coming, so no new solos for service 238 unless GNE paints up some of the solos at Deptford.

Is the PVR not 12?

201 / PVR 1
202/204/208/260 / PVR 8
209/201 / PVR 1
206/923 / PVR 2
What ever the east durham brand is going to be, I was hoping that the X35 could be incorporated into the brand, just like the Tynedale Links with the Tynedale express.

(10 Jun 2015, 5:05 pm)cbma06 wrote What ever the east durham brand is going to be, I was hoping that the X35 could be incorporated into the brand, just like the Tynedale Links with the Tynedale express.

Good idea. Pink Panther/Cats Fast?

The Pink Panther brand could have a similar design to the Cats Fast?
(10 Jun 2015, 4:59 pm)cbma06 wrote if their do keep the brand, then the brand needs refreshing as its so bland and doesn't look good. traveling along rural roads doesn't keep the bus clean especially in bright yellow colour.

But dark pink, i would of liked to see it in black and red Tongue 

How many MPD's will be withdrawn because of the SOLO Sr's?, are they just withdrawing the 2002 MPD's, with the older MPD's at Peterlee moving to Percy Main so they can start to withdraw the older North Tyne Links?

(10 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm)Tom wrote Good idea. Pink Panther/Cats Fast?

The Pink Panther brand could have a similar design to the Cats Fast?

I hope not... it was a terrible brand...

Cats Fast a new brand?  Angel Angel
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(08 Jun 2015, 5:45 pm)Michael wrote Like how 6125 6127 6128 has entered service but nothing as being withdrawn, more of a chance to get Olympican still! 

Are they just keeping all the buses in service because of repaints etc?

Stanley's Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3803 (V803 EBR) was withdrawn without replacement in April, so one of the Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka vehicles has replaced this vehicle. It remains parked up at Stanley Depot, owing to engine failure.

The entry into service of two further Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka vehicles has also allowed for the withdrawal of Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolynes 3801 (V801 EBR) and 3802 (V802 EBR), which are now awaiting disposal at Saltmeadows Road.
(10 Jun 2015, 5:04 pm)Tom wrote Is the PVR not 12?

201 / PVR 1
202/204/208/260 / PVR 8
209/201 / PVR 1
206/923 / PVR 2

on GNE allocation theres 14 mpds in Peterlee depot.

(10 Jun 2015, 5:08 pm)cbma06 wrote on GNE allocation theres 14 mpds in Peterlee depot.

Probably two spare?
(10 Jun 2015, 5:08 pm)Dan wrote Stanley's Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3803 (V803 EBR) was withdrawn without replacement in April, so one of the Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka vehicles has replaced this vehicle. It remains parked up at Stanley Depot, owing to engine failure.

The entry into service of two further Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka vehicles has also allowed for the withdrawal of Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolynes 3801 (V801 EBR) and 3802 (V802 EBR), which are now awaiting disposal at Saltmeadows Road.

Glad they're keeping the Olympian's in service Tongue 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Jun 2015, 5:08 pm)cbma06 wrote on GNE allocation theres 14 mpds in Peterlee depot.

That doesn't mean the PVR of the services is 14. The PVR of the Venture services is only 10 but there are 12 SRs meaning that there are 2 spares. Reduces the chances of allocating a full sized vehicle
(10 Jun 2015, 5:10 pm)Robert wrote That doesn't mean the PVR of the services is 14. The PVR of the Venture services is only 10 but there are 12 SRs meaning that there are 2 spares. Reduces the chances of allocating a full sized vehicle

5203 is a full size vehicle. normally during the day theres no buses parked up at the peterlee depot probably because the mpd's are parked up along the route broke down lol

According to the allocation thread on this forum, the PVR of the East Durham services is indeed 12.
(10 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm)Robert wrote According to the allocation thread on this forum, the PVR of the East Durham services is indeed 12.

the East Durham allocation to peterlee depot is 14 in total plus the WTX citarios, wonder how long would it take to see one of the spare solos doing a X7 journey.

(10 Jun 2015, 5:33 pm)cbma06 wrote the East Durham allocation to peterlee depot is 14 in total plus the WTX citarios, wonder how long would it take to see one of the spare solos doing a X7 journey.

So a PVR of 12 plus 2 spares. Obviously they only have the 1 spare with 618 up at Thorntons hence the loan of 5203.
(10 Jun 2015, 6:33 pm)Transbus574 wrote 543 is off with accident dammage and 574 is off As the engines given up so I gather 574 will get 543 engine

543 has been withdrawn - we wont be seeing that out in service again.
Daft Question but what does PVR stand for?

I understand what it means ie: number of vehicles required to carry out a route to timetable.

Reading the threads about the new Solos coming to East Durham, don't think I like the idea of a Dark Pink bus, think they could of used a better colour.... Obviously I can't comment to much until I've seen one, however I don't like the idea and I think it sounds a bit Tacky!

Cheers!
(10 Jun 2015, 8:22 pm)thetravelman wrote Daft Question but what does PVR stand for?

I understand what it means ie: number of vehicles required to carry out a route to timetable.

Reading the threads about the new Solos coming to East Durham, don't think I like the idea of a Dark Pink bus, think they could of used a better colour.... Obviously I can't comment to much until I've seen one, however I don't like the idea and I think it sounds a bit Tacky!

Cheers!

Peak Vehicle Requirement