You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
(13 Jun 2015, 5:42 pm)Sidthebusbabe wrote http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gn...eetno=4843

Considering it's a 1998 example, I would have thought it had been withdrawn like other 1998 Renowns. Perhaps it has returned to cover for missing vehicles.

There is no real rush to withdraw the vehicle but they just need to make sure it is withdrawn by January 1st 2016. I followed it through Sacriston and it was very bouncy. Would have loved to have been sitting at the back Smile 
(13 Jun 2015, 5:45 pm)Dan wrote Can't wait to upload my photo of "TEN" branded Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 6078 (NK62 FHE) on the 688, given that I was wrong!

It was allocated to the following:
  • 08:55am #688 (Hexham Rail Station - Allenheads)
  • 09:44am #688 (Allenheads - Hexham Rail Station)
  • 10:35am #688 (Hexham Rail Station - Allendale)
  • 11:04am #688 (Allendale - Hexham Rail Station)
  • 11:40am #688 (Hexham Rail Station - Hexham Bus Station)
It was replaced by 5210 at this point, which was the earliest opportunity Hexham had to replace it.

Sorry, I was just being an idiot..

Anyway, can't wait to see the photo! 
(13 Jun 2015, 5:53 pm)Jackamcardle wrote Sorry, I was just being an idiot..

Anyway, can't wait to see the photo! 

You silly boy  Tongue
(13 Jun 2015, 5:53 pm)S813 FVK wrote There is no real rush to withdraw the vehicle but they just need to make sure it is withdrawn by January 1st 2016. I followed it through Sacriston and it was very bouncy. Would have loved to have been sitting at the back Smile 

I had it briefly on the X25, I was nearly thrown out of my seat at one point... It's as good as withdrawn!
(13 Jun 2015, 4:04 pm)Davie wrote If you want 8334 I've just photographed it - https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@...ed-public/
Caught earlier on after a few attempts, you will have to read my Review in a bit.
(13 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm)Adam wrote I didn't see you. I got off 6093 and was at the zebra crossing when 8334 came round the Royal Oak corner. I would have came and said hello otherwise.

(13 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm)Davie wrote I was near Coral mate, although I did see 6093

I seen him whilst on 6002 on the X1, was sitting right at the back upper deck so you couldnt see me Wink 
Can I just notify how good a driver X66 Billy is!

He has shuttled me between Gateshead and MetroCentre 7 times in the last two days and he will telling me how he'd seen me out and about taking photos etc. He asked for my name and that so he knew me for the future!

What a lovely bloke.
(13 Jun 2015, 6:57 pm)LeeCalder wrote Can I just notify how good a driver X66 Billy is!

He has shuttled me between Gateshead and MetroCentre 7 times in the last two days and he will telling me how he'd seen me out and about taking photos etc. He asked for my name and that so he knew me for the future!

What a lovely bloke.

I've had Billy on the X66 a couple of times. I'm sure he once received the Top National Bus Driver award, didn't he? He's always seemed very friendly, and says hello to every customer. 

Edit: Actually, I think he was just a nominee. 
(13 Jun 2015, 7:01 pm)R852 PRG wrote I've had Billy on the X66 a couple of times. I'm sure he once received the Top National Bus Driver award, didn't he? He's always seemed very friendly, and says hello to every customer. 

He was certainly a nominee. Brilliant driver!
(13 Jun 2015, 7:01 pm)R852 PRG wrote I've had Billy on the X66 a couple of times. I'm sure he once received the Top National Bus Driver award, didn't he? He's always seemed very friendly, and says hello to every customer. 

I guess you mean Billy Cook

http://www.simplygo.com/workingforus/
(13 Jun 2015, 6:57 pm)LeeCalder wrote Can I just notify how good a driver X66 Billy is!

What a lovely bloke.

I've bumped into him a couple of times, and he's a sound bloke. It's good that you've taken the time to mention it on here too though Lee. I've had a couple of thumbs up from drivers today, which is always nice to see too. Smile  
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(13 Jun 2015, 9:20 pm)aureolin wrote I've bumped into him a couple of times, and he's a sound bloke. It's good that you've taken the time to mention it on here too though Lee. I've had a couple of thumbs up from drivers today, which is always nice to see too. Smile  

He really is a top bloke! I got a few thumbs up to day which I don't really tend too get. Nice to know some drivers appreciate our hobby.
I met a considerate and friendly driver today who pulled over while driving 'Toon Link' 11 so that I could get a nice photo. He is always very enthusiastic and pleasant towards his passengers. He works at Riverside and often drives 'Toon Link', he's a top fella! Although he wasn't too fond of the Omnicities!

What a lovely bloke.

one of Riverside best drivers friendly and is always giving people the extra help to get people from A to B he is a lovely person 
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(13 Jun 2015, 10:05 pm)Diamond One wrote one of Riverside best drivers friendly and is always giving people the extra help to get people from A to B he is a lovely person 

The man has a heart of gold, he said to everyone that got off the X66 this evening "Thank you, take care" and he said "See you later Lee, take care son" 
Noticed 6131 has been refurbed internally, haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

Are these to the same standards as previous refurbishments to other vehicles in the fleet, with the seats, poles and other aspects being done
Site Administrator
(13 Jun 2015, 11:58 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Noticed 6131 has been refurbed internally, haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

Are these to the same standards as previous refurbishments to other vehicles in the fleet, with the seats, poles and other aspects being done

I think I've mentioned this before, but only the seats have been re-trimmed. This usually involves installing a new cushion and wrapping it up in blue 'Go seat fabric.

I don't think Saltmeadows Rd can facilitate full internal refurbishments - this would have been done at Thorntons. That said, the 6131 was looking incredibly tidy upstairs and down when I was on it on Monday, as it was in the process of being given a deep clean at Riverside.
I had a look back and couldn't see it so...

When will the Wright Streetdeck demo arrive?...... also... any idea's which route(s) it will go on?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jun 2015, 9:15 am)Michael wrote I had a look back and couldn't see it so...

When will the Wright Streetdeck demo arrive?...... also... any idea's which route(s) it will go on?

I don't know when it will arrive but I think it could end up on any of the following either for evaluation purposes (i.e Heavy vs Light) or potential purchase:

TEN, Crusader, Prince Bishops, Red Arrows

I don't think it will be the Pronto though as GNE trialed the similar B5 on that route and the 47 and ended up opting for dealer stock B9s on the latter. I hope that GNE get a proper E400MMC demo though.
(14 Jun 2015, 9:28 am)DaveyBowyer wrote I don't know when it will arrive but I think it could end up on any of the following either for evaluation purposes (i.e Heavy vs Light) or potential purchase:

TEN, Crusader, Prince Bishops, Red Arrows

I don't think it will be the Pronto though as GNE trialed the similar B5 on that route and the 47 and ended up opting for dealer stock B9s on the latter. I hope that GNE get a proper E400MMC demo though.

I hope it ends up on the Prince Bishops, those routes are always packed at peak times although... 20 of them will need to be bought... might be expensive! 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jun 2015, 11:53 am)Jackamcardle wrote Do you think Go North East will demo any Wright Streetlite WF buses, it would be nice to see them on Tynedale Links or maybe North Tyne links!

I reckon they'd stick with Solos, they are pretty decent, and the ones on the Venture are still in good nick, and still look brand new!
(14 Jun 2015, 6:09 am)Dan wrote I think I've mentioned this before, but only the seats have been re-trimmed. This usually involves installing a new cushion and wrapping it up in blue 'Go seat fabric.

I don't think Saltmeadows Rd can facilitate full internal refurbishments - this would have been done at Thorntons. That said, the 6131 was looking incredibly tidy upstairs and down when I was on it on Monday, as it was in the process of being given a deep clean at Riverside.

You have mentioned it before, sorry, It just looked like it had been all done from outside.
Not sure what the crack is, but 6044 has the south entrance to Gateshead Interchange blocked off. Nothing else in sight apart from a Nexus bod hanging around to divert traffic.

[Image: e6d5703c79f2bb0bbb60c3f6a4ac6411.jpg]
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook