You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
Don't like the look or characteristics of the Streetdeck, even Ashington's 57 reg Enviros could do better than that! I hope GNE go with ADL for their next decker order, far superior product and seems like ADL have pulled their weight in terms of performance and reliability.
How many "TEN" branded vehicles do Hexham Depot have overnight?

I take it that the "TEN" branded vehicles rotate between Hexham and Riverside, and don't always return to the same depot each evening?
Whats the changes to quaylink gne are always chaning routes and buses sum buses are just bland and ull lol
Next Stop was switched on all Stanley Streetlites this morning, with Chester following suit by the end of the week.  Messages and audio was enabled - if anyone travels on one and the audio is not working, please just PM me with the fleet number and I will have a look at it.

You will know if the vehicle has been updated as it will scroll the message 'Welcome Aboard, this is the Red Kite 45 service to Newcastle' for example.
(17 Jun 2015, 12:19 pm)citaro5284 wrote Next Stop was switched on all Stanley Streetlites this morning, with Chester following suit by the end of the week.  Messages and audio was enabled - if anyone travels on one and the audio is not working, please just PM me with the fleet number and I will have a look at it.

You will know if the vehicle has been updated as it will scroll the message 'Welcome Aboard, this is the Red Kite 45 service to Newcastle' for example.

Yesterday morning I boarded a solo on service 700 from Park Lane, and the announcement was mega loud, the announcement comes on before and after each bus stop and also when the bus is stationary at the bus stop, don't know how the driver puts up with it for hours each day. don't mind the announcements on the metro as it doesn't stop every couple of minutes along the route. I wouldn't mind if the announcements only come on a certain main stops like the hospital etc... etc...

(17 Jun 2015, 1:12 pm)cbma06 wrote Yesterday morning I boarded a solo on service 700 from Park Lane, and the announcement was mega loud, the announcement comes on before and after each bus stop and also when the bus is stationary at the bus stop, don't know how the driver puts up with it for hours each day. don't mind the announcements on the metro as it doesn't stop every couple of minutes along the route. I wouldn't mind if the announcements only come on a certain main stops like the hospital etc... etc...

The Sunderland Connect Next Stop is a Nexus project and they deal with Hanover direct, and Nexus are the ones that say what has to be announced and when. 
(17 Jun 2015, 1:12 pm)cbma06 wrote Yesterday morning I boarded a solo on service 700 from Park Lane, and the announcement was mega loud, the announcement comes on before and after each bus stop and also when the bus is stationary at the bus stop, don't know how the driver puts up with it for hours each day. don't mind the announcements on the metro as it doesn't stop every couple of minutes along the route. I wouldn't mind if the announcements only come on a certain main stops like the hospital etc... etc...

I don't know how Citaro5284 puts up with it  Tongue  
(17 Jun 2015, 12:19 pm)citaro5284 wrote Next Stop was switched on all Stanley Streetlites this morning, with Chester following suit by the end of the week.  Messages and audio was enabled - if anyone travels on one and the audio is not working, please just PM me with the fleet number and I will have a look at it.

Are the next stop displays that are on the 78 Streetlites, going to be introduced as standard across new purchases?
It reminds me of the display in my doctors surgery.

Although the screens/monitors used on vehicles like the X1 have been temperamental and can rattle, they look better.
They also have the benefit of being able to show advertisements and raise additional revenue, offsetting any fare increases.
Obviously that can only be a good thing.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(17 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm)Swiny1 wrote Any external shots of these trial buses. What depot's are they at?

None because none have arrived Tongue 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Ah right. Sorry ha. Hadn't read it properly. Any idea when they are arriving
(17 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm)Swiny1 wrote Ah right. Sorry ha. Hadn't read it properly. Any idea when they are arriving

Not a clue.
(17 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm)Swiny1 wrote Ah right. Sorry ha. Hadn't read it properly. Any idea when they are arriving

There has been no hints as to when it will be arriving into the fleet.

To be honest, as a driver, after a while you tend to 'zone out' and you don't even realise the announcements are playing. Once you've done the route that many times it just becomes background noise. I find myself having to concentrate on them to make sure they are working now.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(16 Jun 2015, 5:26 pm)Dan wrote A few updates:

• Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8310 (NK10 GNY) has now returned to service, in plain yellow.
  • Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8312 (NK10 GOA) was repainted this afternoon and will be ready to return to service tomorrow.
  • Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8314 (NK10 GOE) was sent to Saltmeadows in place of 8310 (NK10 GNY), and was being sanded down this afternoon.

They're whizzing through these repaints..!

Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8312 (NK10 GOA) has now returned to service, in plain yellow.
[Image: 18272135984_863bcdddd5_n.jpg]Go North East 8312 Optare Versa operating service Q1 by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

As such, Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8317 (NK10 GOP) has now arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint.
[Image: 18897534841_f6bf058e68_n.jpg]Go North East 8317 'QuayLink' Optare Versa at Saltmeadows by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr
(17 Jun 2015, 5:14 pm)buss14 wrote just to note that nk11 hje is in plain yellow as i hae heard

It is - was repainted last week prior to the Quaylink changes. expect 8328-8333 and 8335-8338 to follow.

Also noticed GNE have cocked up this weeks GNE fleet allocation document, we all know that which is right but the squares should explain it:
.png hmm.png
so when the the Q3 service takes place what will happen with NK11 HBC and nk11 HDN and NL63 YAX and NL63 YAY that are regularly on the x40? will they be disbursted on other routes
(17 Jun 2015, 7:35 pm)buss14 wrote so when the the Q3 service takes place what will happen with NK11 HBC and nk11 HDN and NL63 YAX and NL63 YAY that are regularly on the x40? will they be disbursted on other routes

5389 (NL63YAX) and 5390 (NL63YAY) will continue as a spare role
(17 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm)Davie wrote 5389 (NL63YAX) and 5390 (NL63YAY) will continue as a spare role

I imagine they will get cascaded onto another role at Riverside like has been done with the Streetlites rather than keeping them specifically as spares.
As for 8328 and 8329, they will be repainted and will join the Quaylink brand.
Sunderland connect just passed the Hastings Hill pub heading towards the A19.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Jun 2015, 8:06 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote There's a less than glowing review of Brighton & Hove Streetdecks in the latest "Buses" magazine.

Going from that video, I was less than impressed with the rattles.

5405 sounds like it is years old, rather than weeks.
The X66 ones seem ok, but the 78/8 Streetlites are rattling internally quite a lot, particularly noticeable was the example mentioned above.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'