You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

(18 Jun 2015, 6:46 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Hope when they get the Streetdeck demo that they do this:

- 1 week on full TEN boards from Hexham.
- 2 weeks on the Red Arrows.
- 1 week on the Pronto.

Chances are it could be returned to Wrightbus on a lowloader!

What are your thoughts on the Cummins engines on the market at the moment, can I ask? Have your views changed at all recently?
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
(18 Jun 2015, 6:46 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Hope when they get the Streetdeck demo that they do this:

- 1 week on the Pronto.

If it goes to any depot, I think it'll go on loan to Crook because the Pronto needs buses more than any other service!
I don't see what is wrong with the Red Arrows B9TLs. They don't need to be cascaded else where for another few years yet.

- 1 week on the Pronto.

Why exactly does it need 2 weeks on the X1????  Huh
(18 Jun 2015, 6:52 pm)S813 FVK wrote I don't see what is wrong with the Red Arrows B9TLs. They don't need to be cascaded else where for another few years yet.

The whole point of what I said above would the be for the following and not to replace the B9TL's on the X1 (would never replace a B9TL with a B5 or a Streetdeck!):

- To push the bus to it's limit fully laden at times between Hexham and Crawcrook and see if it can keep to time whilst dealing with high passengers and twisty bends and challenging sections of the route such as the approach to the Redheugh Bridge from the teams and the fast paced A695 between Blaydon and the Metrocentre. Chances are that Hexham would have to use their bus on the layby pretty frequently and if late, be chased by a 10A.

- To push the bus on the challenging and fast paced Pronto route, sometimes with high loads and heavy traffic.

- To push the bus on the challenging and fast paced X1 particularly on Old Durham Road and Washington Highway.
(18 Jun 2015, 6:55 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Why exactly does it need 2 weeks on the X1????  Huh

Because its the X1........... it's in his dreams every night!  Angel

I don't think the Pronto will get new buses, it should/will get cascades from else where... 

Looking at the fleet and recent repaints, i'm not sure what could/will receive new buses....although i think the Crusader might get a demo bus... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Jun 2015, 7:02 pm)Michael wrote Because its the X1........... it's in his dreams every night!  Angel

I don't think the Pronto will get new buses, it should/will get cascades from else where... 

Looking at the fleet and recent repaints, i'm not sure what could/will receive new buses....although i think the Crusader might get a demo bus... 

If you ready my post pal, I don't actually have the X1 in my dreams every night haha!

It would be simply a good route to push the Streetdeck to it's limit on as well as the TEN and the Pronto. Some of the older Hexham drivers would be able to tell whether or not it's underpowered after having to put up with the horrible Cummins C series powered Dennis Tridents on the 602 for three years.
(18 Jun 2015, 6:59 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote The whole point of what I said above would the be for the following and not to replace the B9TL's on the X1 (would never replace a B9TL with a B5 or a Streetdeck!):

- To push the bus to it's limit fully laden at times between Hexham and Crawcrook and see if it can keep to time whilst dealing with high passengers and twisty bends and challenging sections of the route such as the approach to the Redheugh Bridge from the teams and the fast paced A695 between Blaydon and the Metrocentre. Chances are that Hexham would have to use their bus on the layby pretty frequently and if late, be chased by a 10A.

- To push the bus on the challenging and fast paced Pronto route, sometimes with high loads and heavy traffic.

- To push the bus on the challenging and fast paced X1 particularly on Old Durham Road and Washington Highway.

Should we give it cocaine and sing "Push it to the limit" while its traveling between Hexham and Crawcrook?.  Angel

What about the 27, it should go on that route to.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Jun 2015, 7:05 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote If you ready my post pal, I don't actually have the X1 in my dreams every night haha!

It would be simply a good route to push the Streetdeck to it's limit on as well as the TEN and the Pronto. Some of the older Hexham drivers would be able to tell whether or not it's underpowered after having to put up with the horrible Cummins C series powered Dennis Tridents on the 602 for three years.

I think the Streetdeck will do better than people think although we know that can't be proved until one arrives.

Would be good to have it do some routes at nearly every depot (not Peterlee/Hexham).

Riverside - Crusader/TEN/TTX 
Percy Main - Coaster
Deptford - Prince Bishops
Washington - Red Arrows
Chester-le-street - Angel 
Crook - Pronto
Stanley - X30/X31/X70/X71/Diamond 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Jun 2015, 7:14 pm)Michael wrote I think the Streetdeck will do better than people think although we know that can't be proved until one arrives.

Would be good to have it do some routes at nearly every depot (not Peterlee/Hexham).

Riverside - Crusader/TEN/TTX 
Percy Main - Coaster
Deptford - Prince Bishops
Washington - Red Arrows
Chester-le-street - Angel 
Crook - Pronto
Stanley - X30/X31/X70/X71/Diamond 

Wink

(18 Jun 2015, 6:52 pm)S813 FVK wrote I don't see what is wrong with the Red Arrows B9TLs. They don't need to be cascaded else where for another few years yet.

Red Arrows conversation is becoming tiresome. 
I think every knows the reason why some are keen to upgrade X1, it's for cascades. 
You're right B9's on Red Arrows are fine, but by upgrading your key routes - those routes who are secondary can benefit from better buses due to cascade - meanwhile customers on X1 can enjoy the upgraded buses and also power sockets presumably. 
I'd say that the Drifter and Saltwell Park weren't in desperate need for news buses when they were upgraded from Versas to Streetlites, at only four years old. 
But the cascades, allowed the Lambton Work to replace and withdraw old buses, meant an upgrade for South Tyne 88, who were suffering from unreliable cadets and also allowed to upgrade Service 39 (at the time). 
(18 Jun 2015, 6:49 pm)Davie wrote If it goes to any depot, I think it'll go on loan to Crook because the Pronto needs buses more than any other service!

What engine is in the streetdecker!!!! I thought it was either Daimler or Cummins

The demo bus is deffo going to Crook in the very near future... but I heard a B5 demo
Site Administrator
(18 Jun 2015, 7:58 pm)pdiddy wrote What engine is in the streetdecker!!!! I thought it was either Daimler or Cummins

The demo bus is deffo going to Crook in the very near future... but I heard a B5 demo

Why would another Volvo B5TL demonstrator vehicle be used within the fleet?

The Wright StreetDeck in circulation was allocated a Go North East fleet number when new (9119 iirc), so will come at some point, as well as further demos.
(18 Jun 2015, 7:58 pm)pdiddy wrote What engine is in the streetdecker!!!! I thought it was either Daimler or Cummins

its only available with a Daimler engine Smile
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
My prediction, is that the Wright Streetdeck demonstrator will see use at Crook, on ''Pronto'' service X21. I would have thought it could be a comparison of some sort to the Volvo B5TL demonstrator that Go North East received last year, but as the 47, which it was trialed on, has received new buses that seem to be doing well, despite only being in service for a short amount of time, I don't think it'll see use on that. However, I do think that it will be trialed on another service besides the X21, I'm going to guess the ''Prince Bishops'' 20/20A.
I personally don't think that GNE will order any Wright bodied deckers. I think that they'll go with Scania / ADL as Scania will want to woo back GNE and may even offer them a good deal after the parts trouble a few year back. The only double deck route that I could see the Streetdeck or B5 lasting on would be the 310 and no, I'm not hinting at any investment but out of all the double deck routes, that's the only potential current double deck route that a Streetlite or B5 could handle day in day out. I'm stating that as a fact as the B9's are only 15-18 month old.
(18 Jun 2015, 7:36 pm)Drifter60 wrote Red Arrows conversation is becoming tiresome. 
I think every knows the reason why some are keen to upgrade X1, it's for cascades. 
You're right B9's on Red Arrows are fine, but by upgrading your key routes - those routes who are secondary can benefit from better buses due to cascade - meanwhile customers on X1 can enjoy the upgraded buses and also power sockets presumably. 
I'd say that the Drifter and Saltwell Park weren't in desperate need for news buses when they were upgraded from Versas to Streetlites, at only four years old. 
But the cascades, allowed the Lambton Work to replace and withdraw old buses, meant an upgrade for South Tyne 88, who were suffering from unreliable cadets and also allowed to upgrade Service 39 (at the time). 

AND, if the X1 was upgraded, it would set the benchmark for most new decker orders featuring e-leather seating too.
(18 Jun 2015, 10:07 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote AND, if the X1 was upgraded, it would set the benchmark for most new decker orders featuring e-leather seating too.

Oh wow.... new e-leather seats which are stupendously uncomfortable!
THE GRUMPIEST BUS DRIVER AWARD GOES TO THE DRIVER OF THE 17:04 FROM SHIELDS TO CHESTER 50 SERVICE HE SLAMMED THE MONEY AND KID LOOKED SHOCKED DIDNT WAIT FOR A OLD WOMEN WELL DONE
(18 Jun 2015, 10:40 pm)gneasy91 wrote THE GRUMPIEST BUS DRIVER AWARD GOES TO THE DRIVER OF THE 17:04  FROM SHIELDS TO CHESTER 50 SERVICE HE SLAMMED THE MONEY AND KID LOOKED SHOCKED DIDNT WAIT FOR A OLD WOMEN  WELL DONE

Was he bald with sunglasses by any chance? Hate that bloke with a passion!
Does anybody know if Stanley based Dennis Trident/Plaxton Presidents 3886-3889 will be withdrawn in the next 12-18 months?
(19 Jun 2015, 10:21 am)pdiddy wrote What other demo deckers are out there except for the Streetdecker!!!

B5TL Gemini 3, ADL E400MMC
(19 Jun 2015, 7:22 am)Davie wrote Does anybody know if Stanley based Dennis Trident/Plaxton Presidents 3886-3889 will be withdrawn in the next 12-18 months?

3885-3889 will not be withdrawn before 2017 as they are DDA compliant.
Details of the Orbit/Quaylink/X40 changes now on the GNE website:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...-july-2015

I was on 8335 yesterday and I noticed it has an on-board poster about the changes. Aureolin (I think it was) questioned whether the new brand would have the place names above the side windows. Well, the diagram of the purple version did have the place names on Smile
  • The current Q1 will be connected to Orbit service 51/52 at Gateshead, providing new direct links from Newcastle City Centre and the Quayside to many residential areas of Gateshead. The service will be numbered Q1 towards Newcastle and Q2 from Newcastle towards Gateshead – this means that when travelling from Newcastle City Centre towards Baltic, Sage and Gateshead, you’ll need to catch service number Q2.

Why? Whats wrong with having the Q1 and Q2 going in both directions rather than the service carrying a service number in each direction. Thats providing the services dont do a circular of newcastle (which i think there might because there is homestly no point in having different service numbers going in each direction). So basically, Q1 enters Newcastle via Quayside and exits via High Level Bridge and Q2 enters via Tyne Bridge and exits via Quayside.
(19 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote Why? Whats wrong with having the Q1 and Q2 going in both directions rather than the service carrying a service number in each direction. Thats providing the services dont do a circular of newcastle (which i think there might because there is homestly no point in having different service numbers going in each direction). So basically, Q1 enters Newcastle via Quayside and exits via High Level Bridge and Q2 enters via Tyne Bridge and exits via Quayside.

It will follow the same route in and out of Newcastle as it does now. I imagine once the service gets to Central, it will change to the Q2 and follow the same route as it did going into town. What has made you think its going over the High Level and Tyne bridges?
(19 Jun 2015, 4:07 pm)JP6004 wrote It will follow the same route in and out of Newcastle as it does now. I imagine once the service gets to Central, it will change to the Q2 and follow the same route as it did going into town. What has made you think its going over the High Level and Tyne bridges?

Because it has different service numbers going in and out along the Quayside according to the GNE website:

The service will be numbered Q1 towards Newcastle and Q2 from Newcastle towards Gateshead

I can't see the point of that unless they do a circular route around newcastle which would involve going over the bridges.