You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - July 2015

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - July 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - July 2015
2810 on Durham 64.

Glad to see MAX spare 1415 on X12, too.
(03 Jul 2015, 4:24 pm)danpick wrote Can you stop the lies now please other members know exactly who you are - you even told one!

i am not lying thank you i know where i am from and i should know if it is true or not because it is my life
Site Administrator
(06 Jul 2015, 4:38 pm)Davie wrote What's happening to Arriva lately?? 1415 was on the X12 again today!

I'd anticipate that senior management - who decided to apply specific sub-branding for service X12 - have clamped down on the decision (which I assume was made at depot level) to prevent the allocation of 1415 to the X12 service. Quite right of them to do so, too.

If high passenger numbers were the initial concern, I'd imagine that it'll be getting allocated to the quietest runs.
This whole 1415 being on the X12 being rare as a joke is starting to get tiring. Don't know about anybody else.
(06 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm)S813 FVK wrote This whole 1415 being on the X12 being rare as a joke is starting to get tiring. Don't know about anybody else.

I'm sick of it was good the first couple of times.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(06 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm)S813 FVK wrote This whole 1415 being on the X12 being rare as a joke is starting to get tiring. Don't know about anybody else.
Yep, getting as bad as the #missingdiamondcitaros joke. Think it has to stop otherwise it is just going to annoy everyone and will just lead to frustration replies.
I think it's only been noted three times, and it was noteworthy each of those times, given that it was categorically stated by drivers that the depot didn't want it out on the X12.

Plans appear to have now changed, and as Dan mentions above, it's quite right that the bus is now being allocated regularly as expected.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Jul 2015, 10:33 pm)aureolin wrote I think it's only been noted three times, and it was noteworthy each of those times, given that it was categorically stated by drivers that the depot didn't want it out on the X12.

Plans appear to have now changed, and as Dan mentions above, it's quite right that the bus is now being allocated regularly as expected.

Don't agree. If the loadings justify a decker which the local depot obviously think it does, then a decker should be used.
(07 Jul 2015, 4:23 pm)Cock Robin wrote Don't agree. If the loadings justify a decker which the local depot obviously think it does, then a decker should be used.

I don't disagree with that, but surely if the loadings justify a decker, then a decker should have been branded accordingly? My agreement is in the fact that a route branded vehicle is now working the route it was intended to work. 

This is the problem when you get into branding and marketing bus services to a certain specification. It removes the scope of the depot to allocate a more suitable vehicle. 

If 1415 isn't required for the X12 because it's unsuitable or whatever else, then it needs to be de-branded asap.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(07 Jul 2015, 9:25 am)Jimmi wrote Sapphire spare 1595 is on the 6.

[Image: 19499957425_7bfcfdbdf9.jpg]Arriva North East: 1595 / NK15 AAU by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

A bit of a what would have been photo here given that these StreetLite's were originally destined for service 6.
Site Administrator
(07 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm)Jimmi wrote [Image: 19499957425_7bfcfdbdf9.jpg]Arriva North East: 1595 / NK15 AAU by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

A bit of a what would have been photo here given that these StreetLite's were originally destined for service 6.

Durham getting ahead of themselves again with that allocation... Few more months yet until the buses on the 6 turn into that colour!
(07 Jul 2015, 5:31 pm)Dan wrote Durham getting ahead of themselves again with that allocation... Few more months yet until the buses on the 6 turn into that colour!

It's giving people a taster of what's to come for service 6 Tongue
(07 Jul 2015, 5:27 pm)John_R wrote 1426 was on the 2 this morning before appearing on X1 this afternoon.

It replaced 1593 that was needed for inspection