You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Late running records
(06 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm)Davie wrote I bet that was a nice surprise for you.

Not really. Meant I had to wait 15 minutes for a late running 56, and then rush around like a blue arsed fly once I got into Durham. Thankfully their liveapp backed my watch up of it being 3 minutes early, and they've got a nice email from me about the matter.

I accept that there's a million and one reasons why a bus can be late, but there's never an excuse for it running early.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(06 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm)aureolin wrote Not really. Meant I had to wait 15 minutes for a late running 56, and then rush around like a blue arsed fly once I got into Durham. Thankfully their liveapp backed my watch up of it being 3 minutes early, and they've got a nice email from me about the matter.

I accept that there's a million and one reasons why a bus can be late, but there's never an excuse for it running early.

Hit the nail on the head, here.

I've always kept an open mind about late-running, but leaving timing points early is something that I've always tended to report to bus operators, as it's not acceptable in my opinion.
I used to complain about the service 3 in Hartlepool always leaving the stop closest to my sisters early, and parking up for upto 5 minutes a couple of stops further up the route. But having used it from Bishop Cuthbert where it starts, I can see why it constantly runs early. Driver left there on time, coasted down Hart Lane, stopped to change the ticket roll, and was still 3 minutes early
(06 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm)aureolin wrote Not really. Meant I had to wait 15 minutes for a late running 56, and then rush around like a blue arsed fly once I got into Durham. Thankfully their liveapp backed my watch up of it being 3 minutes early, and they've got a nice email from me about the matter.

Agree entirely! Was it one of Durham's or one of Stockton's?
Surprised given the diversion starting today through Teesside Park too

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(11 Jul 2015, 4:57 pm)danpick wrote The 17:22 24 from Durham is 26 minutes late been like this all day as theirs roadworks near Castle Eden.

And the Miners Gala in Durham today wouldn't have been helping. Not the operators or drivers fault today.
(11 Jul 2015, 4:57 pm)danpick wrote The 17:22 24 from Durham is 26 minutes late been like this all day as theirs roadworks near Castle Eden.

EDIT: 28 now.

The 16:52 is 18 late.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Late running records
Let's see if this one gets regulated. There's little point sending two back out together.

It's actually 52 minutes late, but the timetable hasn't been updated in the app...

[Image: f6ab8f98cc9b8fdf3c7122681e21f58a.jpg]
(14 Jul 2015, 8:57 am)aureolin wrote Let's see if this one gets regulated. There's little point sending two back out together.

It's actually 52 minutes late, but the timetable hasn't been updated in the app...

[Image: f6ab8f98cc9b8fdf3c7122681e21f58a.jpg]

Only 47 late - it was due into Middlesbrough at 0932 to work back on the 0955 (or the 1005 on the app).
Well my bus home tonight turned up 17 mins late... Will stay that way all night as the evening times of 58/59/61s are pretty tight...

(05 Aug 2015, 8:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote Well my bus home tonight turned up 17 mins late... Will stay that way all night as the evening times of 58/59/61s are pretty tight...

Would that have been 22065? If so, I think I can work out why it was that late  Angel
(05 Aug 2015, 8:27 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Would that have been 22065? If so, I think I can work out why it was that late  Angel

I blame the useless driver  Tongue He reckoned he took it over late but I'm sure it wasn't just that...

(06 Aug 2015, 8:37 pm)tyresmoke wrote I blame the useless driver  Tongue He reckoned he took it over late but I'm sure it wasn't just that...

The man who was put right twice and still managed to finish 12 minutes late last Monday when all he did was 52s. Also managed to get 20 minutes late on 13s twice in two days as well (and Saturday - well, can't exactly blame him for being late off a 58 that night, the guys on 36/37/38 were all late as well)
Well, shall we see how late this 58/59/61 combination gets this evening - the 2022 59 from Stockton is presently 12+ minutes late as the driver hasn't checked her running board and has been serving both ends of Stockton High Street - no 59s and only certain 58s do that.
(08 Aug 2015, 7:36 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Well, shall we see how late this 58/59/61 combination gets this evening - the 2022 59 from Stockton is presently 12+ minutes late as the driver hasn't checked her running board and has been serving both ends of Stockton High Street - no 59s and only certain 58s do that.

Are you still out monitoring it? Tongue

Takes the fun away when you can't do it on the sofa, via the live map!
(08 Aug 2015, 7:42 pm)aureolin wrote Are you still out monitoring it? Tongue

Takes the fun away when you can't do it on the sofa, via the live map!

It's Saturday - if I'm home before 1930 then there's something wrong with me. Just waiting for the 37 to North Tees Hospital for my lift home.
And that 58/59/61 isnt the only bus late:

37 is presently 8 minutes late (and that is quite tight on a night - 58 minutes to do a round trip with 2 minutes turn round time in Middlesbrough)
The other 58/59/61 is about 5 minutes late
(08 Aug 2015, 8:03 pm)Kuyoyo wrote And that 58/59/61 isnt the only bus late:

37 is presently 8 minutes late (and that is quite tight on a night - 58 minutes to do a round trip with 2 minutes turn round time in Middlesbrough)
The other 58/59/61 is about 5 minutes late

What a record!
Late running records
Getting ridiculous now!
[Image: d049a34f02ea78aeed4e014f90925da6.jpg]

Fed up with this now and I can only imagine this is only going to continue to get worse especially with the route being made longer by running via Hitachi from the end of the month.

And why the hell did they take 3 minutes running time out of the Shildon - Aycliffe section of the route and slot it into the Aycliffe - Darlington section which seems so pointless as this section didn't need the extra running time, it's the Bishop - Shildon section that needed it.
(17 Aug 2015, 12:54 pm)Jimmi wrote Getting ridiculous now!
[Image: d049a34f02ea78aeed4e014f90925da6.jpg]

Fed up with this now and I can only imagine this is only going to continue to get worse especially with the route being made longer by running via Hitachi from the end of the month.

And why the hell did they take 3 minutes running time out of the Shildon - Aycliffe section of the route and slot it into the Aycliffe - Darlington section which seems so pointless as this section didn't need the extra running time, it's the Bishop - Shildon section that needed it.

It's only 9 minutes late think about Metro users who constantly have failed trains and having to get Taxi's.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(17 Aug 2015, 1:50 pm)danpick wrote It's only 9 minutes late think about Metro users who constantly have failed trains and having to get Taxi's.
Think about me with my missed connections, almost everytime I get the 5 I miss my connecting X66 to Middlesbrough and end up having to wait an extra 20 minutes.

This service often sees me getting to places stupidly early to ensure I am not late arriving at my location.

I can't comment on the Metro as I have never used it.
(17 Aug 2015, 1:59 pm)Jimmi wrote Think about me with my missed connections, almost everytime I get the 5 I miss my connecting X66 to Middlesbrough and end up having to wait an extra 20 minutes.

This service often sees me getting to places stupidly early to ensure I am not late arriving at my location.

I can't comment on the Metro as I have never used it.

Surely all of these screenshots would be better off being sent to arriva rather on this thread? Not sure how many arriva behind the scenes members (not drivers) are registered on the forum but by sending the stuff to Arriva directly, they may be able to evaluate the punctuality of the service and then make changes where necessary.
(17 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)S813 FVK wrote Surely all of these screenshots would be better off being sent to arriva rather on this thread? Not sure how many arriva behind the scenes members (not drivers) are registered on the forum but by sending the stuff to Arriva directly, they may be able to evaluate the punctuality of the service and then make changes where necessary.

I'd hope they were going to Arriva in addition to them being posted on here. I know I do when I post them.