You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015
(08 Aug 2015, 11:57 pm)Diamond One wrote Today am looking forward to the fleet news and hopefully should be posted asap but I say around 6ish but that's my prediction

Like it has been said to you before Bazza, Dan has a life outside of NEB. He may be doing something with his friends or family for all we know.
(09 Aug 2015, 8:28 am)LeeCalder wrote Like it has been said to you before Bazza, Dan has a life outside of NEB. He may be doing something with his friends or family for all we know.

He never reads it anyway. Remember the Sapphire 7/24 Enviro400s?
(09 Aug 2015, 3:45 am)Dan wrote Yes - will be pretty late evening today.

Take as long as you like with the news. It is just a combination of what has been posted on the forums a majority of the time with only 1 or 2 new bits.
(09 Aug 2015, 6:52 am)cbma06 wrote Last day of yellow mpds at Peterlee

God rid of the image but the WTX with the rear advert is 5335 - don't know if that is any use to anybody but i can remember seeing it at Seaham the other week. 

Note that the red MPD that Fozz was on about seeing the other day/week also appears to be parked up there. Looks like it is 548 as opposed to 562.
(09 Aug 2015, 9:00 am)S813 FVK wrote God rid of the image but the WTX with the rear advert is 5335 - don't know if that is any use to anybody but i can remember seeing it at Seaham the other week. 

Note that the red MPD that Fozz was on about seeing the other day/week also appears to be parked up there. Looks like it is 548 as opposed to 562.

Northern MPD 547 was out on the 201 yesterday lunchtime so it could be that.

Don't suppose anyone knows what's out on the 59 today?
(09 Aug 2015, 9:10 am)Jimmi wrote Northern MPD 547 was out on the 201 yesterday lunchtime so it could be that.

Ah right. Just Fozz described it has having interior NTL branding still of which only 548 and 562 could possibly have. It was a few days ago like.

I would imagine an East Durham/Yellow MPD will be on the 59.
(09 Aug 2015, 9:10 am)Jimmi wrote Northern MPD 547 was out on the 201 yesterday lunchtime so it could be that.

Nk53 TMZ
(09 Aug 2015, 9:55 am)BusLoverMum wrote Nk53 TMZ

Fleet number 574. Very rare for me to see something other than 573 and 574 on there.
(09 Aug 2015, 10:25 am)Michael wrote Is the 59 commercial or is it funded by the council?

I think its operated on behalf of DCC from what i can remember past discussion wise.
(09 Aug 2015, 10:27 am)S813 FVK wrote I think its operated on behalf of DCC from what i can remember past discussion wise.

Cheers, shame the number couldn't be changed to fit in with the current 2 series of numbers for the Inigo brand.... could change it to 259.

238 should be changed to 38B with the 239 on a night operating as the 38D.

Also

What happened to the like button Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Aug 2015, 10:29 am)Michael wrote Cheers, shame the number couldn't be changed to fit in with the current 2 series of numbers for the Inigo brand.... could change it to 259.

238 should be changed to 38B with the 239 on a night operating as the 38D
Think it could have given the number 59 to fit in with the Scarlet Band 58 which the 59 follows much of that route and also the Arriva 56/57/57A routes. Also may be wrong but I think there already was a 259 East Durham service at the time, if not there certainly was a 259 at one point.
(09 Aug 2015, 10:34 am)Jimmi wrote Think it could have given the number 59 to fit in with the Scarlet Band 58 which the 59 follows much of that route and also the Arriva 56/57/57A routes. Also may be wrong but I think there already was a 259 East Durham service at the time, if not there certainly was a 259 at one point.

There was a 259 service but was replaced. Believe i still have a timetable for the services.

I think the 59 is to cover for the Scarlet Band 58 which doesnt run on Sundays (although not the full route).
(09 Aug 2015, 10:34 am)Jimmi wrote Think it could have given the number 59 to fit in with the Scarlet Band 58 which the 59 follows much of that route and also the Arriva 56/57/57A routes. Also may be wrong but I think there already was a 259 East Durham service at the time, if not there certainly was a 259 at one point.

Ah right, i think there was a 259 but i ran every few hours before they changed the "East Durham" network.

When the younger MPD's transfer to Deptford today/tomorrow will they get repainted to "Go North East" or will they just stay as "Yellow".

If Deptford are getting 4 MPD's from Peterlee, where will the other 2 go, as there is 6 - 53 reg MPD's at Peterlee, will they get moved to other depots for spares?

Making up for all the questions i didn't ask when i was away!  Angel  Big Grin
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Aug 2015, 10:24 am)S813 FVK wrote Fleet number 574. Very rare for me to see something other than 573 and 574 on there.

Bet it's the same driver does it every week and therefore takes the best Dart

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(09 Aug 2015, 10:46 am)Michael wrote Ah right, i think there was a 259 but i ran every few hours before they changed the "East Durham" network.

When the younger MPD's transfer to Deptford today/tomorrow will they get repainted to "Go North East" or will they just stay as "Yellow".

If Deptford are getting 4 MPD's from Peterlee, where will the other 2 go, as there is 6 - 53 reg MPD's at Peterlee, will they get moved to other depots for spares?

Making up for all the questions i didn't ask when i was away!  Angel  Big Grin

It will be funny if the cascaded mpds from peterlee go to Deptford and painted red and branded black cats lol Angel

(09 Aug 2015, 10:46 am)Michael wrote Ah right, i think there was a 259 but i ran every few hours before they changed the "East Durham" network.

The 259 ran alongside the 262 between Durham and High Pittington. They services split at Dragon Lane Tesco and the 259 did an anti-clockwise loop around High Pittingham and Sherburn etc and the 262 did a clockwise loop. The service was every 2 hours (hourly combined with the 262).
(09 Aug 2015, 10:51 am)cbma06 wrote It will be funny if the cascaded mpds from peterlee go to Deptford and painted red and branded black cats lol Angel

Honestly, i would like to see that happen, i think the 38 and the 238 should join the "Black Cats" brand, i'm sure once fleet changes happen Deptford can gain the 6 MPD's which are 53 Reg - although they'll replace the 4 - 52 reg ones, meaning Deptford can have 7 MPD's.. allowing the right amount of MPD's for the 38 and 238 make it all MPD with a spare.... brand it "Black Cats"....  Angel

(09 Aug 2015, 10:56 am)S813 FVK wrote The 259 ran alongside the 262 between Durham and High Pittington. They services split at Dragon Lane Tesco and the 259 did an anti-clockwise loop around High Pittingham and Sherburn etc and the 262 did a clockwise loop. The service was every 2 hours (hourly combined with the 262).

Cheers =D, thought it was something like that, just couldn't remember.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Aug 2015, 10:57 am)Michael wrote Cheers =D, thought it was something like that, just couldn't remember.

Timetable attatched:
.jpg image.jpg
From GNE website:

"The buses are being launched by our very own VIP privately on Monday morning. Whilst there is no official launch party in Peterlee Bus Station, we’re inviting anyone who wants to see and ride the new indiGo buses, or watch the old East Durham buses being withdrawn, to come along to Peterlee Bus Station from about 11am. If you’re coming along please remain in the public areas of the bus station and we’d love to see your pictures on Twitter"

Does this mean their inviting passengers on to ride the bus (but you have to pay?even though its an invite?).

does this mean that the east durham mpds will still be in service but will be withdrawn slowly from 11am?.

Also:  it states "Next stop announcements (coming soon)", does this mean it hasn't got next stop announcments yet?

Yep. The 57/57A used to cover the route through Thornley, cquarrinton hill etc that the 58 & 59 do now, hence the similar numbering
(09 Aug 2015, 11:41 am)cbma06 wrote From GNE website:

"The buses are being launched by our very own VIP privately on Monday morning. Whilst there is no official launch party in Peterlee Bus Station, we’re inviting anyone who wants to see and ride the new indiGo buses, or watch the old East Durham buses being withdrawn, to come along to Peterlee Bus Station from about 11am. If you’re coming along please remain in the public areas of the bus station and we’d love to see your pictures on Twitter"

Does this mean their inviting passengers on to ride the bus (but you have to pay?even though its an invite?).

does this mean that the east durham mpds will still be in service but will be withdrawn slowly from 11am?.

Also:  it states "Next stop announcements (coming soon)", does this mean it hasn't got next stop announcments yet?

I reckon that what coming soon means  Big Grin

We are waiting for the Radio Station to record the audio.
Site Administrator
(09 Aug 2015, 1:09 pm)jaimzm wrote Dose the X10 interwork with anything on a Sunday

No - driver has a meal break in Newcastle.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:09 pm)jaimzm wrote Dose the X10 interwork with anything on a Sunday

No. I think it interworks with service X9 Mondays - Saturdays.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:10 pm)Davie wrote No. I think it interworks with service X9 Mondays - Saturdays.

Ah right I was looking at the timetable just looked bit odd
JMoss