You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: Your Travel Queries
(28 Aug 2015, 7:03 pm)Jimmi wrote How do I get to Nightingale Coaches depot from Durham for the open day tomorrow morning. Also where is the depot?

Type in the post code of the address given on the company's fleet list into Traveline Journey Planner.
(28 Aug 2015, 7:03 pm)Jimmi wrote How do I get to Nightingale Coaches depot from Durham for the open day tomorrow morning. Also where is the depot?

I'm aiming for the 0905 #43 from Durham to Stanley, so if you can get into Durham before 9, then feel free to tag along?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(28 Aug 2015, 7:33 pm)Dan wrote Type in the post code of the address given on the company's fleet list into Traveline Journey Planner.
Thanks, was just wanting to make sure that it was the address that is on the fleet list and the one I found elsewhere as when I typed Nightingale Coaches into Google a few different results came up. I'll get the 43 from Durham.

Sorry for posting in here and in the Nightingale thread but I needed an urgent answer as I won't be able to access my laptop until tomorrow now to find out the location on Google street view.
(28 Aug 2015, 7:37 pm)aureolin wrote I'm aiming for the 0905 #43 from Durham to Stanley, so if you can get into Durham before 9, then feel free to tag along?

I'll get that 43 as well then.
(28 Aug 2015, 7:39 pm)R852 PRG wrote ...meanwhile, in York; R852 PRG and citaro5284 enjoy a nice Wetherspoons breakfast. Big Grin

I really don't think you've mentioned this before? All that's missing is a full page spread in the Chronicle. Tongue
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(28 Aug 2015, 7:40 pm)aureolin wrote I really don't think you've mentioned this before? All that's missing is a full page spread in the Chronicle. Tongue

Our Control Room was going to put out a All Stations Call just in case someone had not heard!
(02 Sep 2015, 1:15 pm)Jimmi wrote Where's the nearest stop for Birtley Front Street on the 82? Need answer ASAP as I've just jumped on in Washington.

It stops on Birtley Front Street. Just cross the road after getting off for buses to Durham.
(02 Sep 2015, 7:31 pm)DanPicken wrote Which bus is the closest to Washington Services?

Probably the X25. It stops near a pub at Portobello, then literally it's through a hole in the fence to Washington Services (Northbound).
(02 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Probably the X25. It stops near a pub at Portobello, then literally it's through a hole in the fence to Washington Services (Northbound).

Thanks what if the hole isn't there also what about the Southbound side?
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(02 Sep 2015, 7:38 pm)DanPicken wrote Thanks what if the hole isn't there also what about the Southbound side?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.889603...6656?hl=en

It's permanent.

It's quite a walk to the nearest bus-stop Southbound, the nearest you're gonna get is probably Ayton. Get the X25, then cross the bridge from the Northbound to the Southbound service area.
(02 Sep 2015, 7:43 pm)MurdnunoC wrote https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.889603...6656?hl=en

It's permanent.

It's quite a walk to the nearest bus-stop Southbound, the nearest you're gonna get is probably Ayton. Get the X25, then cross the bridge from the Northbound to the Southbound service area.

I didn't think it was a wooden fence is noticeable from the X25 may not need to do this yet.
(02 Sep 2015, 7:47 pm)DanPicken wrote I didn't think it was a wooden fence is noticeable from the X25 may not need to do this yet.

Well, that latest shot was taken in April 2015 and the last time I used it was probably around November 2002. I think it's unlikely to have been closed-off since April.

There's also another hole you can go through.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.890510...6656?hl=en

That's the pub and bus-stop to which I referred and, if you pan round towards the row of terraced houses to your right, you'll see another gap you can go through.
(02 Sep 2015, 7:54 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Well, that latest shot was taken in April 2015 and the last time I used it was probably around November 2002. I think it's unlikely to have been closed-off since April.

There's also another hole you can go through.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.890510...6656?hl=en

That's the pub and bus-stop to which I referred and, if you pan round towards the row of terraced houses to your right, you'll see another gap you can go through.

What's the pub called.
(02 Sep 2015, 8:03 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Board Inn.

(02 Sep 2015, 8:08 pm)DanPicken wrote Thanks Adam.

If heading south on the X25, the stop is immediately opposite the Board Inn (right in front of the terraced houses in the link - just as the bus re-enters Portobello Road.
The 82/A (can never remember which one goes in which direction - the one from Birtley) stops there.

The other hole is between stops and would mean waking back on yourself.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
If heading towards Washington on the 82 or Langley Park on the X25 from the Board Inn, then IT stops opposite the Board Inn, whereas if heading towards Newcastle on the X25 or Birtley on the 82A then you use the stop around the corner.
Caravans? Go straight to the end of the *wide* road, turn left, follow that path, you should pass the Household Waste Recovery Centre on your left, keep following the path, you should pass the village, turn left and stay on the path, you may need to cross the road. Keep on that road until you see a gap on the bush, with buses behind it.
(05 Sep 2015, 2:51 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Caravans? Go straight to the end of the *wide* road, turn left, follow that path, you should pass the Household Waste Recovery Centre on your left, keep following the path, you should pass the village, turn left and stay on the path, you may need to cross the road. Keep on that road until you see a gap on the bush, with buses behind it.
Left over an hour ago unfortunately but I'll try and bare that in mind for next time. Managed to find it but was in such a state I had to move on.
(05 Sep 2015, 3:03 pm)Jimmi wrote Left over an hour ago unfortunately but I'll try and bare that in mind for next time. Managed to find it but was in such a state I had to move on.

I would have sprinted over to the industrial estate to help you, but I was out and offline at the time.