You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V3

RE: What's annoying you today? V3
(31 Aug 2015, 9:41 pm)aureolin wrote Does anyone remember First Sport? Smile

Was that the one where the temporary JD was, and looked like Sports Direct? Wasn't a fan of that shop either.
(31 Aug 2015, 9:44 pm)Tom wrote Was that the one where the temporary JD was, and looked like Sports Direct? Wasn't a fan of that shop either.
There was a big one on Northumberland Street, and also one in the Green Quadrant at the Metrocentre. I think JD swallowed it up
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(31 Aug 2015, 9:47 pm)aureolin wrote There was a big one on Northumberland Street, and also one in the Green Quadrant at the Metrocentre. I think JD swallowed it up

Yeah that was the one, was it related to Sports Direct in anyway? The branding looked like it.
(31 Aug 2015, 9:49 pm)Tom wrote Yeah that was the one, was it related to Sports Direct in anyway? The branding looked like it.
Don't think so. The big sports soccer chain was though.
(31 Aug 2015, 9:57 pm)aureolin wrote Don't think so. The big sports soccer chain was though.

Ah right, always looked like it was.
(31 Aug 2015, 9:41 pm)aureolin wrote Does anyone remember First Sport? Smile

First Sport was indeed a forerunner to JD Sports.

Can anyone remember Intersports, and its forerunner, Monument Sports? They used have a shop where Deichmann is now located in Metrocentre.
Dear Fat Old Grumpy Cow,

I'd like to thank you for saying "I don't see the point of you moving, I still can't get past" and then say to the driver "you shouldn't be letting these people on with their shitmobiles, there isn't any room".

Well, Fat Old Grumpy Cow, there isn't any room to get past as you're a fat git. We have the same right to travel as you have. Not like you took up two seats anyway. Maybe you should be charged for the occupation of two seats? Anyway, you got off near the bakery, so enjoy the gluttony. You Fat Old Grumpy Cow.

If you weren't fat and grumpy, the people you were trying to ram out of the way, who had to stand, could have sat down where you were sitting. 

Idiot.
Suddenly decided that some of the photos I've just uploaded to Flickr look too dark, especially when viewing on the Flickr app on my mobile and I can't do anything to alter the brightness now. In fairness it was raining at points.

What does everyone think?
(31 Aug 2015, 8:30 pm)Jimmi wrote I didn't mind USC as it sold a few different bits like Fred Perry clothing although some branches of JD do to. All the shoes in Footlocker look absolutely atrocious!

Annoyingly most of the JD'S near me only seem to sell Adidas tracksuits and a few bits of other names. The one at Teesside Park is alright but there is naff all else there now.

Speaking of USC they have some decent offers on atm for Shoes etc, bought a pair of Blue K-Swiss Shoes out of the Store in the MetroCentre for £32 (With 70% Off) this afternoon, was quite tempted to buy a pair of Firetrap Shoes but I wasnt keen on the mix of Suede and Leather, I had went into JD prior to this as I usually by Shoes from there but there was nothing which tickled my fancy, and the fact there was a lack of choice and they were quite pricey put me off, I then went into Sole Trader and almost had a heart attack at the prices of shoes in there before ending up in USC.
(02 Sep 2015, 6:01 pm)Jimmi wrote Suddenly decided that some of the photos I've just uploaded to Flickr look too dark, especially when viewing on the Flickr app on my mobile and I can't do anything to alter the brightness now. In fairness it was raining at points.

What does everyone think?

They're fine. Brings out what such a miserable day it has been.
(02 Sep 2015, 6:19 pm)GX03 SVC wrote They're fine. Brings out what such a miserable day it has been.
Thanks. I take my Flickr far too seriously and it causes me problems and it actually can really stress me out at times.

New problem, I have a micro meal bacon sandwich which was only dated until August 30th, should I eat it?
was taking a photo of a odd working on 27 namely a Citylink on 27 and Nexus advisor has a go at me when i was on the path am sorry to name and shame her namely Julie she said this "Do you have a letter to take photos?" i said "yes it is in the house" i was annoyed at this point i have been taken photos at that bus station for ages (Jarrow) for the past 4 years and have had no problems well if Nexus wanna see my letter they cannot 1 they are Banned from my house and 2 if they say that again i will send a report in to them to head office
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(02 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm)Diamond One wrote was taking a photo of a odd working on 27 namely a Citylink on 27 and Nexus advisor has a go at me when i was on the path am sorry to name and shame her namely Julie she said this "Do you have a letter to take photos?" i said "yes it is in the house" i was annoyed at this point i have been taken photos at that bus station for ages (Jarrow) for the past 4 years and have had no problems well if Nexus wanna see my letter they cannot 1 they are Banned from my house and 2 if they say that again i will send a report in to them to head office

Its Nexus property.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Bazza, I love the fact that you've banned Nexus from your property (and why not?), but you may want to produce this alleged letter when asked to by Nexus staff as it does appear to grant you permission to take photos or whatever. Why make life unnecessarily difficult for yourself?
(02 Sep 2015, 7:31 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Bazza, I love the fact that you've banned Nexus from your property (and why not?), but you may want to produce this alleged letter when asked to by Nexus staff as it does appear to grant you permission to take photos or whatever. Why make life unnecessarily difficult for yourself?

If he does have a letter he should have it at all times.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Even if you had been banned from Nexus property (which I doubt), the majority of it is still a public place, as it provides unrestricted access throughout it's opening hours. I'm no legal expert by any means, but the most they can do is request you leave, and then it becomes trespass. Something in itself which is a civil matter - not a criminal matter.
(02 Sep 2015, 7:31 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Bazza, I love the fact that you've banned Nexus from your property (and why not?), but you may want to produce this alleged letter when asked to by Nexus staff as it does appear to grant you permission to take photos or whatever. Why make life unnecessarily difficult for yourself?

But if said of letter permission was from like a Year or so ago it would therefore be invalid, as on that letter Bazza would only have Permission to take Photos on the Date specified in the Letter from god knows when, not for as and when he pleases to step on there property in future from said Date of that letter, therefore Bazza doesnt have a leg to stand in argueing when approached by a Nexus Member of Staff asking if he has permission to take photos as he simply doesnt have permission at all.
(02 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm)Diamond One wrote was taking a photo of a odd working on 27 namely a Citylink on 27 and Nexus advisor has a go at me when i was on the path am sorry to name and shame her namely Julie she said this "Do you have a letter to take photos?" i said "yes it is in the house" i was annoyed at this point i have been taken photos at that bus station for ages (Jarrow) for the past 4 years and have had no problems well if Nexus wanna see my letter they cannot 1 they are Banned from my house and 2 if they say that again i will send a report in to them to head office
I think that might have been the woman who told me I needed a letter to take bus photographs anywhere, not just bus stations
(02 Sep 2015, 7:59 pm)Davie wrote I think that might have been the woman who told me I needed a letter to take bus photographs anywhere, not just bus stations

What kind of letter do they accept? Bank statements, utility bills, or?
(02 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm)Malarkey wrote But if said of letter permission was from like a Year or so ago it would therefore be invalid, as on that letter Bazza would only have Permission to take Photos on the Date specified in the Letter from god knows when, not for as and when he pleases to step on there property in future from said Date of that letter, therefore Bazza doesnt have a leg to stand in argueing when approached by a Nexus Member of Staff asking if he has permission to take photos as he simply doesnt have permission at all.

Hence why I used the words 'alleged' and 'appear'. While I have no reason to doubt Bazza I also have no knowledge of the letters' validity. That being said, would the letter necessarily define a period of time for which it is valid? Why would it have to be year? Why not a month, a week, a day, an hour, a minute or a second? If he has a letter, as he claims, then surely it's up to him to produce it. Once again, saves a lot of hassle in the long run.
(02 Sep 2015, 8:00 pm)aureolin wrote What kind of letter do they accept? Bank statements, utility bills, or?
I got told you need a written letter of approval to take bus photographs anywhere
(02 Sep 2015, 7:24 pm)DanPicken wrote Its Nexus property.
Nexus rarely manage Jarrow Bus Station it is not a major bus station fair enough Park Lane or Gateshead
i have not been banned from Nexus Property i have banned Nexus from my house 
(02 Sep 2015, 7:34 pm)DanPicken wrote If he does have a letter he should have it at all times.
Julie thinks things wrong yet other Nexus staff do not approach me its weird she does that and i do not have a letter 
(02 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm)Malarkey wrote But if said of letter permission was from like a Year or so ago it would therefore be invalid, as on that letter Bazza would only have Permission to take Photos on the Date specified in the Letter from god knows when, not for as and when he pleases to step on there property in future from said Date of that letter, therefore Bazza doesnt have a leg to stand in argueing when approached by a Nexus Member of Staff asking if he has permission to take photos as he simply doesnt have permission at all.
i personally ignore Julie i can't stand her now as i think she gets the wrong end of the stick half of the time
(02 Sep 2015, 7:59 pm)Davie wrote I think that might have been the woman who told me I needed a letter to take bus photographs anywhere, not just bus stations

i personally ignore her she thinks everyone needs a letter to take bus photos i say try 100000 letters to spread across the country imagine the mob outside her house that would be hilarious
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(02 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm)Davie wrote I got told you need a written letter of approval to take bus photographs anywhere

Anywhere being...? 

Look, all this is complete and utter tosh. I appreciate that you and others are only saying what you've been told, but Nexus themselves have pretty much turned round and stated they don't have an operational policy to enforce, despite previously referring to one. That doesn't mean that jobsworth security staff won't still exist at bus stations in Tyne and Wear, but you'll be fine if you don't spend the best part of a fortnight hanging around for photos.
(02 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm)Davie wrote I got told you need a written letter of approval to take bus photographs anywhere

PM me your name and address and I'll draft a letter of approval permitting you to photographs of buses anywhere. As no specific authoritative body as been stated, I presume I'm allowed to give you permission. Better still, why don't you give yourself permission in your own carefully drafted letter of approval.  Huh
(02 Sep 2015, 8:11 pm)MurdnunoC wrote PM me your name and address and I'll draft a letter of approval permitting you to photographs of buses anywhere. As no specific authoritative body as been stated, I presume I'm allowed to give you permission. Better still, why don't you give yourself permission in your own carefully drafted letter of approval.  Huh

I might do that
(02 Sep 2015, 8:09 pm)aureolin wrote Anywhere being...? 

Look, all this is complete and utter tosh. I appreciate that you and others are only saying what you've been told, but Nexus themselves have pretty much turned round and stated they don't have an operational policy to enforce, despite previously referring to one. That doesn't mean that jobsworth security staff won't still exist at bus stations in Tyne and Wear, but you'll be fine if you don't spend the best part of a fortnight hanging around for photos.

Precisely. While I'm not that into looking at photos of buses, I really don't understand the fascination of taking photos within bus stations. It lacks originality as everyone's photograph appears exactly the same. Venture out and find different locations for your shots - it instantly makes your shots both unique and interesting.
(02 Sep 2015, 8:11 pm)MurdnunoC wrote PM me your name and address and I'll draft a letter of approval permitting you to photographs of buses anywhere. As no specific authoritative body as been stated, I presume I'm allowed to give you permission. Better still, why don't you give yourself permission in your own carefully drafted letter of approval.  Huh

Dont forget the Nexus Letterheads to make it look official, presuming you can accurately guess what they look like  Tongue
(02 Sep 2015, 8:23 pm)Malarkey wrote Dont forget the Nexus Letterheads to make it look official, presuming you can accurately guess what they look like  Tongue

Why would it need a Nexus letterhead? Nexus only have remit to prevent photography on their property. Davie has been informed he's not allowed to take photographs anywhere. As a citizen, voter and taxpayer, I hereby grant Davie to take photographs of buses on any public property not owned by Nexus.
(02 Sep 2015, 8:22 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Precisely. While I'm not that into looking at photos of buses, I really don't understand the fascination of taking photos within bus stations. It lacks originality as everyone's photograph appears exactly the same. Venture out and find different locations for your shots - it instantly makes your shots both unique and interesting.
By saying 'Long shots' do you mean photos like this - https://flic.kr/p/s2rNpK?