You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
I've meaning to mention this since Monday; former Go North East MPD 535 is at Gateshead Collage
I wonder how many have been at "clingon corner" today waiting to get a picture of the Streetdeck on the Cobalt Clipper Tongue
(11 Sep 2015, 5:10 pm)citaro5284 wrote I wonder how many have been at "clingon corner" today waiting to get a picture of the Streetdeck on the Cobalt Clipper Tongue

won't be me am not in the uk til later on this month so you can rule me out
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(11 Sep 2015, 8:25 pm)Diamond One wrote won't be me am not in the uk til later on this month so you can rule me out

Did UK Immigration not get in touch with you Bazza to tell you your staying where you are, and half a dozen Syrian Refugees are going moving into your House in Costa Del Hebburn in Exchange.
(11 Sep 2015, 8:34 pm)Malarkey wrote Did UK Immigration not get in touch with you Bazza to tell you your staying where you are, and half a dozen Syrian Refugees are going moving into your House in Costa Del Hebburn in Exchange.

Lmao!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
What will happen to Stu Elmores announcements (and Kelly Hynch on the 309 around the Cobalt) on all of the following affected routes now him and Kelly are leaving Metro Radio bearing in mind that Gary and Lisa's Real / Heart Radio announcement's haven't yet been changed on Connections 4, Citylink and Red Arrows:

- Coast and Country
- Fab 56 (Will Sun FM now do these?)
- Cobalt Clipper

And anymore that come to mind?
(11 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote What will happen to Stu Elmores announcements (and Kelly Hynch on the 309 around the Cobalt) on all of the following affected routes now him and Kelly are leaving Metro Radio bearing in mind that Gary and Lisa's Real / Heart Radio announcement's haven't yet been changed on Connections 4, Citylink and Red Arrows:

- Coast and Country
- Fab 56 (Will Sun FM now do these?)
- Cobalt Clipper

And anymore that come to mind?

Nothing? It doesn't matter who does the announcements. As long as they are easy to understand for the sake of the passengers. It will cost too much to redo all announcements just because the people have left the radio station.
(11 Sep 2015, 8:34 pm)Malarkey wrote Did UK Immigration not get in touch with you Bazza to tell you your staying where you are, and half a dozen Syrian Refugees are going moving into your House in Costa Del Hebburn in Exchange.

charming am on holiday
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(11 Sep 2015, 9:54 pm)Diamond One wrote charming am on holiday

I think he was being sarcastic.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Sarcastic comment of the day! Tongue Big Grin
(11 Sep 2015, 9:05 pm)S813 FVK wrote Nothing? It doesn't matter who does the announcements. As long as they are easy to understand for the sake of the passengers. It will cost too much to redo all announcements just because the people have left the radio station.

It's intresting though in terms of Gary and Lisa's announcements, not only do they both not work for the station, but the station has since rebranded. Real is now just a rock brand in the North West. 
I wonder how Global feel about the fact a now defunct brand been used on bus services still (the screens show the logo of the station, I presume this part of the deal between GNE and said stations). 
Similarly Bauer, may not be keen on the idea that a former employer is been associated with the brand still when it's possinle he may join a rival station for instance. 
There also the issue of Metro's recent rebrand, with the services still using the old logo on NSA screens.
(12 Sep 2015, 8:34 am)R852 PRG wrote Black OmniCity 5253 is operating the 09:30 X31 out of Newcastle, to Lanchester; for those who would like a photograph.

How has that happended?
Just to point out this is the discussion thread not the rare and odd workings one
(12 Sep 2015, 8:36 am)NK53 TKT wrote How has that happended?
Just to point out this is the discussion thread not the rare and odd workings one

My mistake, it was actually the 09:15 and running quite late.

It's freshly repainted, so I figured by putting it in the Latest thread it would get more attention than in the rare and odd workings thread. Either way it's not rare; its part of the allocation. Dodgy
(12 Sep 2015, 8:36 am)NK53 TKT wrote How has that happended?

As Marcus said in his post above this one, 5253 is not rare or odd on the X30/X31. The allocation should be made up of 3 Omnicities and 7 Omnidekkas to form the combined PVR of 10 (5 vehicles for X30/X31 and the other five for X70/X71).
It'd be interesting to see if 5250/4/73 also go black. If not, then i can, like others, see no other possibility other than the toon link.
Was on 645 yesterday and the Next stop display screens were ok when the bus was at a stop but as soon as it moved off it started flickering and then went off altogether for a short while then started flickering again, this sequence was repeated between each stop
(12 Sep 2015, 9:40 am)Coppercap40 wrote Was on 645 yesterday and the Next stop display screens were ok when the bus was at a stop but as soon as it moved off it started flickering and then went off altogether for a short while then started flickering again, this sequence was repeated between each stop

Cheers
just noticed the demo streetdeck on 309 and may say it did give the b9TL's a run for their money
(12 Sep 2015, 10:34 am)buss14 wrote just noticed the demo streetdeck on 309 and may say it did give the b9TL's a run for their money
What times is it due out Haymarket this Afternoon?
(12 Sep 2015, 10:34 am)buss14 wrote just noticed the demo streetdeck on 309 and may  say it did give the b9TL's a run for their money

Just noticed, or have ridden on and giving feedback on performance?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook