You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Late running records
It's a shame that the X12 had to go back to it's normal timetable. Business as usual has certainly resumed today. I was waiting for a photo of the 1330 through Shincliffe today towards Boro, and it was about 20 minutes late by the time it arrived. There seemed to be delays on the 56/57/57A too, with them running around in pairs. I couldn't see anything that was causing an issue though.

Speaking of the 56. The 1510 left Durham 9 minutes late today, thanks to the driver arriving 5-6 minutes after the departure time, to take over the service. This was despite the bus pulling into the bus station at 1506, and being dumped on the stand unattended.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(07 Sep 2015, 6:13 pm)aureolin wrote It's a shame that the X12 had to go back to it's normal timetable. Business as usual has certainly resumed today. I was waiting for a photo of the 1330 through Shincliffe today towards Boro, and it was about 20 minutes late by the time it arrived. There seemed to be delays on the 56/57/57A too, with them running around in pairs. I couldn't see anything that was causing an issue though.

Speaking of the 56. The 1510 left Durham 9 minutes late today, thanks to the driver arriving 5-6 minutes after the departure time, to take over the service. This was despite the bus pulling into the bus station at 1506, and being dumped on the stand unattended.

Peak time traffic..... Big Grin
(07 Sep 2015, 6:13 pm)aureolin wrote It's a shame that the X12 had to go back to it's normal timetable. Business as usual has certainly resumed today. I was waiting for a photo of the 1330 through Shincliffe today towards Boro, and it was about 20 minutes late by the time it arrived. There seemed to be delays on the 56/57/57A too, with them running around in pairs. I couldn't see anything that was causing an issue though.

Why am I not surprised!

The 56 to Bishop Auckland often seems to run late in this direction, always seems to arrive in Ferryhill around 5 minutes late, sometimes more.

Hope removing some stops from the X12 route sorts some of the reliability problems, often seems to be arriving in Newcastle late recently.
22 due to reach Durham just before 9 this morning was over 15 minutes late. Checked the app when I saw it and it appeared to have lost time around shotton colliery. Will be interesting to see if this has a knock on effect like in the bad old days pre- sapphire
Marxista Fozzski
(14 Sep 2015, 8:21 am)BusLoverMum wrote 22 due to reach Durham just before 9 this morning was over 15 minutes late. Checked the app when I saw it and it appeared to have lost time around shotton colliery. Will be interesting to see if this has a knock on effect like in the bad old days pre- sapphire
The 22 is always late...so is the 23 as well
(14 Sep 2015, 9:22 am)MrFozz wrote The 22 is always late...so is the 23 as well

It's been pretty punctual since it moved off the hartlepool run, last autumn.

They did correct it, anyhow - the bus out to Sunderland that should have run off it was only 2 minutes late. I should find out what they put on in its place in a few minutes, as I heard rather than saw it, earlier.

Edit - corrected by a vehicle with the correct livery. A year ago, it's likely that it would have simply been cancelled. Big'un will be disappointed at the lack of "interesting" substitution, though.
Marxista Fozzski
(14 Sep 2015, 10:37 am)BusLoverMum wrote It's been pretty punctual since it moved off the hartlepool run, last autumn.

They did correct it, anyhow - the bus out to Sunderland that should have run off it was only 2 minutes late. I should find out what they put on in its place in a few minutes, as I heard rather than saw it, earlier.

Edit - corrected by a vehicle with the correct livery. A year ago, it's likely that it would have simply been cancelled. Big'un will be disappointed at the lack of "interesting" substitution, though.
More often than not when I get the 22 or 23 they are up to 10 minutes late, saying that I only get it once or twice during the week at different times of the day, on a Sunday the 22 never comes on time on a recent Bank Holiday it came 20 mins late in Peterlee and was 45 minutes late when it got to Dalton Park.
(14 Sep 2015, 10:57 am)MrFozz wrote More often than not when I get the 22 or 23 they are up to 10 minutes late, saying that I only get it once or twice during the week at different times of the day, on a Sunday the 22 never comes on time on a recent Bank Holiday it came 20 mins late in Peterlee and was 45 minutes late when it got to Dalton Park.

When I tried to get the 22 back to Peterlee on Bank Holiday Monday I waited until about 5 minutes after it was due and ended up sprinting to the other end of Park Lane to catch the 20 to Durham. When I arrived back in Durham there was a Pulsar blinded up for the 22 on the layover stand with a familiar face behind the wheel.

On a previous Sunday it was 5 minutes late and was made even later by me as I got on at Dalton Park and had to question where it was heading as there was no 22 to Sunderland due for a good while but that's what the bus was displaying and I couldn't understand the drivers responses when I asked where he was going, this is the effect a wrong destination screen can have!

Not just Sundays either, that afternoon you saw me at Dalton Park I got on the 22 around 5 minutes and just missed the 21 in Peterlee Bus Station, but thankfully I caught the 21 at Peterlee Moorcock.

So when I use the 22 it's usually around 5 minutes late, although I normally use the X21 between Peterlee and Sunderland, so I don't use the 22 very often these days.
Marxista Fozzski
(14 Sep 2015, 11:14 am)Jimmi wrote When I tried to get the 22 back to Peterlee on Bank Holiday Monday I waited until about 5 minutes after it was due and ended up sprinting to the other end of Park Lane to catch the 20 to Durham. When I arrived back in Durham there was a Pulsar blinded up for the 22 on the layover stand with a familiar face behind the wheel.

On a previous Sunday it was 5 minutes late and was made even later by me as I got on at Dalton Park and had to question where it was heading as there was no 22 to Sunderland due for a good while but that's what the bus was displaying and I couldn't understand the drivers responses when I asked where he was going, this is the effect a wrong destination screen can have!

Not just Sundays either, that afternoon you saw me at Dalton Park I got on the 22 around 5 minutes and just missed the 21 in Peterlee Bus Station, but thankfully I caught the 21 at Peterlee Moorcock.

So when I use the 22 it's usually around 5 minutes late, although I normally use the X21 between Peterlee and Sunderland, so I don't use the 22 very often these days.
The X21 is not a bad service..

Sometimes if I am in Peterlee and going back to Seaham, depending on the time I sometimes get the X21 to Ryhope Village to jump on the 238...Doing that is just as quick as waiting an extra 15 mins for the X7
(14 Sep 2015, 11:22 am)MrFozz wrote The X21 is not a bad service..

Sometimes if I am in Peterlee and going back to Seaham, depending on the time I sometimes get the X21 to Ryhope Village to jump on the 238...Doing that is just as quick as waiting an extra 15 mins for the X7

X21 is great for me as it gives me a direct bus to Sunderland. In my experience in Sunderland, the X21 is probably more reliable than the 22 and 23 usually is, although the X21 was about 15 minutes late the last time I was in Sunderland but I think this may have been down to a changeover as MPD 1799 was what turned up which had been on the X66 earlier in the day.
Yep - we caught the X21 from Sunderland when we missed the 22 by minutes once. Caught it up at Peterlee. Only possible when we have a day ticket, though. If it's just me and big'un and we're only going to Sunderland, it's a fair bit cheaper to get him a return.

Of course I'm basing my assessment of the 22's reliability lately on the fact that it passes my front window and 9 times out of 10, it passes more or less when it's supposed to. Similarly, I meet various ones on the school run and it's usually at the same places at the same times.

Something must be up today, anyhow, because there's been 2 heading towards Durham 15 minutes late, now, with another just over 10 minutes late. I don't know whether there's roadworks or what. They've been coming from Durham pretty much on time, though and I've noticed that the spare bus is on the route, today.
I think this morning can be considered an absolute write off in Teesside as flooding causes chaos.
Both of our X5s have run via Guisborough this morning in an attempt to miss the worst of it. Getting to Middlesbrough about 30 late but that's nothing compared to some...
.jpg image.jpg

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Marxista Fozzski
(14 Sep 2015, 3:22 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Yep - we caught the X21 from Sunderland when we missed the 22 by minutes once. Caught it up at Peterlee. Only possible when we have a day ticket, though. If it's just me and big'un and we're only going to Sunderland, it's a fair bit cheaper to get him a return.

Of course I'm basing my assessment of the 22's reliability lately on the fact that it passes my front window and 9 times out of 10, it passes more or less when it's supposed to. Similarly, I meet various ones on the school run and it's usually at the same places at the same times.

Something must be up today, anyhow, because there's been 2 heading towards Durham 15 minutes late, now, with another just over 10 minutes late. I don't know whether there's roadworks or what. They've been coming from Durham pretty much on time, though and I've noticed that the spare bus is on the route, today.

At the moment half the roundabout at the A19 heading into Dalton Park is closed and the 22 in both directions has to head up the Slip Road and double back to get into Dalton Park...

if that is going to be on for a quite a while, it could make sense to send the 22 down the A19 from Peterlee, similar to the way the 23 used to while the road is being ripped up outside DP
(15 Sep 2015, 8:39 am)MrFozz wrote At the moment half the roundabout at the A19 heading into Dalton Park is closed and the 22 in both directions has to head up the Slip Road and double back to get into Dalton Park...

if that is going to be on for a quite a while, it could make sense to send the 22 down the A19 from Peterlee, similar to the way the 23 used to while the road is being ripped up outside DP

That would explain a lot - there have been more late buses, this morning. None of my traffic feeds have been flagging anything up.

The 22 serves Easington village, though so re-routing it away from there would leave them without that bus and just the 23. There's almost always a couple of passengers per journey, so there would probably be a minor outcry if that part of the route was left off without adequate warning.
(15 Sep 2015, 9:42 am)BusLoverMum wrote That would explain a lot - there have been more late buses, this morning. None of my traffic feeds have been flagging anything up.

The 22 serves Easington village, though so re-routing it away from there would leave them without that bus and just the 23. There's almost always a couple of passengers per journey, so there would probably be a minor outcry if that part of the route was left off without adequate warning.
Could it not head along the road that leads to South Hetton to join the A19 so it would still serve Easington Village. There would be a few stops missed out though. Sadly I don't think they can change routes willy nilly for roadworks sadly.
Marxista Fozzski
(15 Sep 2015, 9:42 am)BusLoverMum wrote That would explain a lot - there have been more late buses, this morning. None of my traffic feeds have been flagging anything up.

(15 Sep 2015, 9:50 am)Jimmi wrote Could it not head along the road that leads to South Hetton to join the A19 so it would still serve Easington Village. There would be a few stops missed out though. Sadly I don't think they can change routes willy nilly for roadworks sadly.
I know where your coming from Jimmi...but this diversion is in place in both directions for the 22...If the works go on for long, it is going to be a nightmare when DP is busy
(15 Sep 2015, 10:06 am)Jimmi wrote No one thought of me when I was stuck on the X66 for an hour and 20 odd minutes between Middlesbrough and Harrowgate Hill last Thursday!

You could claim a voucher...  Wink
MAX services provide quick connections on key selected inter-urban express routes and will offer customers all the benefits of the MAX pack:
  • Free on-board WiFi and the Arriva Bus App for MAXimum connectivity
  • Enhanced driver training for MAXimum service
  • No-quibble money-back guarantee for MAXimum value
  • New interiors and e-leather seating for MAXimum comfort
  • New livery for MAXimum impact

People claim them for anything, drivers not wearing the correct shirt/tie, how the floor isn't sparkly, how the bus was two minutes late etc etc etc...
(15 Sep 2015, 10:09 am)BusLoverMum wrote This may explain your problem
https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...5716043777
Useless Arriva, what am I supposed to do with this information, they have two different 5/5A's so how am I supposed to which one they are referring to.
Got to laugh at whoever is manning Arriva's Twitter feed:

"There are slight delays due to the diversion in place. This is in place for 28 weeks."

Now where did I put that driving license application?
Marxista Fozzski
(15 Sep 2015, 10:30 am)BusLoverMum wrote Got to laugh at whoever is manning Arriva's Twitter feed:

"There are slight delays due to the diversion in place. This is in place for 28 weeks."

Now where did I put that driving license application?
is that the dalton park diversion???
(15 Sep 2015, 9:22 am)Jimmi wrote 5A is over 10 minutes late AGAIN!!! This is pathetic, I am fed up of this.
Apologies Arriva, the delay looked to be mostly down to Darlington Borough Council's obsession with putting temporary traffic lights on the A167 at Beaumont Hill for no good reason, what was it this time?
(15 Sep 2015, 10:52 am)MrFozz wrote is that the dalton park diversion???

Yep. Got told it's beyond their control (well that much is obvious, anyway). I Told whoever is manning twitter that basic customer service (prior warning, advance apology) is well within their control.
(15 Sep 2015, 11:54 am)BusLoverMum wrote Yep. Got told it's beyond their control (well that much is obvious, anyway). I Told whoever is manning twitter that basic customer service (prior warning, advance apology) is well within their control.

Arriva are bad at this sort of thing. There was a serious accident on the road that I live on, which had buses diverting down another road for two hours. Go North East reported that the 19 has diverted, but when I contacted Arriva about it, they said that the road had reopened and there might be slight delays (delays- by going down an almost adjacent road 200m away). Sapphire service as always. 

If a Sapphire service passes Dalton Park refer them to their own Customer Charter available on arrivasapphire.co.uk.