You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis
i had the unfortunate ride on a fiat today on 515 what a horrible motor seats felt too low and not enough space it was like a smaller version of London Underground Tube not much height and not much leg room
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(30 Sep 2015, 10:04 pm)LeeCalder wrote GCT find keeping to a timetable impossible.

Agreed.

I dont think the driver I had had grasped the Hail and Ride concept, as he slammed on the brakes when someone asked for the bus to stop. On arrival at Lansbury Drive, an unscheduled fag was achieved by the driver, before arriving at Birtley Morrisons, 5 minutes late.
(28 Jul 2015, 9:20 pm)LeeCalder wrote I was told earlier that the Bluebird isn't actually up to the actual specification for the 23, does anyone know if this is true?

According to the PDF tyresmoke made in the Tender Discussion thread the minimum capacity for this service is 23, the Bluebird I had this afternoon could seat 20 passengers and allows 3 standees although I'm not 100% sure that you can have 23 passengers on-board if a wheelchair boards the bus.

Some other things from my ride on the 23 this afternoon, I noticed a slot for a hammer to smash the glass in an emergency, but no hammer. Also I don't know what the deal is with uniforms with GCT but the driver I had this afternoon was wearing a black hoodie.
(10 Oct 2015, 6:40 pm)Jimmi wrote According to the PDF tyresmoke made in the Tender Discussion thread the minimum capacity for this service is 23, the Bluebird I had this afternoon could seat 20 passengers and allows 3 standees although I'm not 100% sure that you can have 23 passengers on-board if a wheelchair boards the bus.

Some other things from my ride on the 23 this afternoon, I noticed a slot for a hammer to smash the glass in an emergency, but no hammer. Also I don't know what the deal is with uniforms with GCT but the driver I had this afternoon was wearing a black hoodie.

Thing is though they are not a Bus Company, they are a Taxi Firm which has branched out a bit over the past few years, so at a guess I would say there Dress Code is casual.
(10 Oct 2015, 6:40 pm)Jimmi wrote According to the PDF tyresmoke made in the Tender Discussion thread the minimum capacity for this service is 23, the Bluebird I had this afternoon could seat 20 passengers and allows 3 standees although I'm not 100% sure that you can have 23 passengers on-board if a wheelchair boards the bus.

It should not be on the road without a hammer.

Normally contracts are put out with min capacity, so if the vehicle says 23 and the contract is 23, then that is fine.

Not great, then
With regards to dress codes and such; I think we're getting into the realms of 'nitpicking' here. As a reminder, if there are any concerns over the quality of service provided by a Nexus contractor, then you should contact Nexus directly about it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
PB1099280/45 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between West Boldon Bank Top and Whitburn COE School given service number SCH 801 effective from 19-Oct-2015. To amend Timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
GuyParkRoyalThe white Dennis Trident Plaxton President registered LR52KVX is no longer with Central Taxis. It is now with Reading Buses where it has the fleet number 521.

Did not see that one coming
Couple of late ones: (They start today)

PB1099280/31 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between LORD LAWSON COMP SCHOOL, BIRTLEY and KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE, KIBBLESWORTH given service number 874 effective from 02-Nov-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB1099280/51 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Cardinal Hume RC School and Chowdene Bank, Low Fell given service number SCH 881 effective from 02-Nov-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Nov 2015, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote Couple of late ones: (They start today)

PB1099280/31 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between LORD LAWSON COMP SCHOOL, BIRTLEY and KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE, KIBBLESWORTH given service number 874 effective from 02-Nov-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB1099280/51 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53-55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Cardinal Hume RC School and Chowdene Bank, Low Fell given service number SCH 881 effective from 02-Nov-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Submitted using the short notice process to cover diversion for Chowdene Bridge closure.
(17 Nov 2015, 10:02 am)jaimzm wrote dose anyone know what servies the Bluebirds

Yes:
T1,T2,T3 KinGston Park tesco buses
71A Throckley-Kingston Park
643 Whickham-Metrocentre
R3,R4,R5,R6 Rowlands Gill Town Services
TB10 Leam Lane-QEH
TB14 Northside Estate-South Portobello
TB 15 Blaydon - Garden House Estate
TB 29 Gateshead - Bensham Hospital
Occasionally the 23