You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Anything and Everything
(25 Dec 2015, 7:12 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Traveline says via North Shields
Traveline was suggesting all sorts, it was coming up with:

202 Hetton-le-Hole
X1 Newcastle
Then another bus to Blyth.

202 Peterlee
X9/X10 Newcastle
Another bus to Blyth

And the suggestion of 9 to North Shields then whatever, I can't remember.

All seem to take around the same sort of times.
Site Administrator
(25 Dec 2015, 9:47 pm)MrFozz wrote Are my eyes decieving me...

A 61 on Boxing Day

[Image: 2d1ee70be8732b50ac3fd8755f35ecdc.jpg]

One of a number of new services being operated this year by Go North East, Fozz. It will be interworking with service 60.

It's the way forward and Arriva North East really need to learn that there is demand for services on a Bank Holiday. Heck, Lothian Buses up in Edinburgh even operate some of their core services on a half-hourly frequency on Christmas Day!
Marxista Fozzski
(26 Dec 2015, 8:26 am)Dan wrote One of a number of new services being operated this year by Go North East, Fozz. It will be interworking with service 60.

It's the way forward and Arriva North East really need to learn that there is demand for services on a Bank Holiday. Heck, Lothian Buses up in Edinburgh even operate some of their core services on a half-hourly frequency on Christmas Day!

I definately think it is the way forward, when I realised there was a 61 working, I thought it would be cut back to Dalton Park.

I dont see what the difference is between Boxing Day and a normal Bank Holiday, bus companies could run there Sunday Timetables...

At least it is a start, we have never had a Boxing Day Service in Murton and it will save me having to walk to The Mallard at Deneside for the 60
My brothers in Manchester today for the Sunderland game...... he knew we were going to get beat anyway but he still went...

Anyway, parts of Manchester City Centre is flooded so not sure whats happening although, i don't think he knows about the flooding...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(26 Dec 2015, 9:54 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I swear that Cadbury's Eclairs are getting smaller and smaller (not in my mouth Wink ).
Pretty much all confectionery is getting smaller, here's a size comparison between the size of tins of Quality Street over the years.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...76536.html
(26 Dec 2015, 9:54 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I swear that Cadbury's Eclairs are getting smaller and smaller (not in my mouth Wink ).

Cadbury's everything is getting downright awful.
(26 Dec 2015, 10:02 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Cadbury's everything is getting downright awful.

Ye, which is a shame, its one of my favorite brands of chocolate... =(
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens last night........ i have to say it was really good, not better than the original 3 but still enjoyed it... the Blu-ray is on Pre-order already!

NO spoilers!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(26 Dec 2015, 10:02 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Cadbury's everything is getting downright awful.

Some of the press they're getting since the takeover hasn't been the best.

This article is almost a year old, so doesn't include recent developments - it sums up the situation nicely though
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/...ashed.html
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(27 Dec 2015, 12:52 pm)Andreos1 wrote Some of the press they're getting since the takeover hasn't been the best.

This article is almost a year old, so doesn't include recent developments - it sums up the situation nicely though
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/...ashed.html

The cadburys philly is about the only decent thing they've done!

And that article was written before their tax dodging came to light.
Marxista Fozzski
Sitting thinking about my sister earlier and some of the daft things she said and one thing in particular sticks out, so thought I would ask you guys...

Can Guide Dogs read,

1. If you want to go to Sainburys how does a guide dog know the difference between Sainsburys and Morrisons or

2. If going to the Opticians whats to say the dog wont take you to Boots rather than Specsavers

3. How does a dog know what bus to get, especially at a stop where multiple services pick up

Just trying to amuse myself in these dark days
Is it a bank holiday tomorrow?

I'm confused as a lot of people saying it is and then some are saying it isn't!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(27 Dec 2015, 6:58 pm)Michael wrote Is it a bank holiday tomorrow?

I'm confused as a lot of people saying it is and then some are saying it isn't!
I am quite sure it is mate...Although buses are running Saturday Timetables

I am sure when Christmas Day and Boxing Day fall on a weekend then the following Monday and/or Tuesday is a Bank Holiday, and sure it is the same if New Years Day falls on a Weekend...

If thats indeed correct Christmas 2016 will also see a Bank Holiday Monday and Tuesday and January 2nd 2017 will also be a Bank Holiday
(27 Dec 2015, 7:05 pm)MrFozz wrote I am quite sure it is mate...Although buses are running Saturday Timetables

I am sure when Christmas Day and Boxing Day fall on a weekend then the following Monday and/or Tuesday is a Bank Holiday, and sure it is the same if New Years Day falls on a Weekend...

If thats indeed correct Christmas 2016 will also see a Bank Holiday Monday and Tuesday and January 2nd 2017 will also be a Bank Holiday

That's what i was wondering, i was going by the timetables as its a Saturday service for them so i thought it was a normal day but loads of people are saying its a bank holiday... and the info on GOV.UK isn't very clear either!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(27 Dec 2015, 7:16 pm)Michael wrote That's what i was wondering, i was going by the timetables as its a Saturday service for them so i thought it was a normal day but loads of people are saying its a bank holiday... and the info on GOV.UK isn't very clear either!
I am fairly certain that is the case tomorrow

Which, if that is the case, why cant bus companies run Saturday Services on every Bank Holiday?
(27 Dec 2015, 7:18 pm)MrFozz wrote I am fairly certain that is the case tomorrow

Checked the Metrocentre site and its got:

Monday 28 December (Bank Holiday Monday): 9am – 9pm
Tuesday 29 December: 10am - 9pm
Wednesday 30 December: 10am - 9pm
New Year’s Eve, Thursday 31 December: 9am – 5pm
New Year’s Day, Friday 1 January: Leisure open***
Saturday 2 January: Normal trading hours resume

That's cleared it up! lol
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(27 Dec 2015, 7:20 pm)Michael wrote Checked the Metrocentre site and its got:

Monday 28 December (Bank Holiday Monday): 9am – 9pm
Tuesday 29 December: 10am - 9pm
Wednesday 30 December: 10am - 9pm
New Year’s Eve, Thursday 31 December: 9am – 5pm
New Year’s Day, Friday 1 January: Leisure open***
Saturday 2 January: Normal trading hours resume

That's cleared it up! lol
Cool...

I was wondering about this the other day...

As I am going to Blyth tomorrow to see Darlington play...

Going with the family now, even The Enemy wants to come as well...so my old man is driving up
(27 Dec 2015, 7:22 pm)MrFozz wrote Cool...

I was wondering about this the other day...

As I am going to Blyth tomorrow to see Darlington play...

Going with the family now, even The Enemy wants to come as well...so my old man is driving up

That's decent, better than getting the bus.... is Arriva even running tomorrow Tongue!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(27 Dec 2015, 7:25 pm)Michael wrote That's decent, better than getting the bus.... is Arriva even running tomorrow !

Dunno mate...

Although I was not bothered, I was going regardless of whether my folks wanted to or not...After what has happened lately, I want to spend as much time as I can with my family and girlfriend

With the Enemy coming too, kills 2 birds with 1 stone, I spend time with both at the same time 😀
(27 Dec 2015, 7:32 pm)MrFozz wrote Dunno mate...

Although I was not bothered, I was going regardless of whether my folks wanted to or not...After what has happened lately, I want to spend as much time as I can with my family and girlfriend

With the Enemy coming too, kills 2 birds with 1 stone, I spend time with both at the same time ?

Ye but it could be a good day out, might make some progress with the enemy... you never know! =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(27 Dec 2015, 7:42 pm)Michael wrote Ye but it could be a good day out, might make some progress with the enemy... you never know! =)

Not quite sure what progress can be made, with my folks there...

Unless I have been unknowingly volunteered to be the half time entertainment in the Centre Circle
(27 Dec 2015, 8:02 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Yes, Arriva is running a Saturday service tomorrow.

Thought they might of wanted an extra day off again... Wink
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Dec 2015, 6:02 pm)MrFozz wrote Sitting thinking about my sister earlier and some of the daft things she said and one thing in particular sticks out, so thought I would ask you guys...

Can Guide Dogs read,

1. If you want to go to Sainburys how does a guide dog know the difference between Sainsburys and Morrisons or

2. If going to the Opticians whats to say the dog wont take you to Boots rather than Specsavers

3. How does a dog know what bus to get, especially at a stop where multiple services pick up

Just trying to amuse myself in these dark days

2 is easy - if the person is visually impaired, they will usually be able to see what optician's they are going into using their residual vision, but may be under the care of a hospital opthalmologist, anyhow. If they are completely blind, there's nothing that going to specsavers can do for them, so it doesn't matter. Tongue Most blind and VI people also have a tongue in their head Wink

This might help with some of your musings Smile
http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/aboutus/guid...oBP1VJUxDo
There's a little here about what guide dogs actually do
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guide_dog
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/32169968
Marxista Fozzski
(27 Dec 2015, 9:06 pm)BusLoverMum wrote 2 is easy - if the person is visually impaired, they will usually be able to see what optician's they are going into using their residual vision, but may be under the care of a hospital opthalmologist, anyhow. If they are completely blind, there's nothing that going to specsavers can do for them, so it doesn't matter. Most blind and VI people also have a tongue in their head Wink

This might help with some of your musings Smile
http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/aboutus/guid...oBP1VJUxDo
There's a little here about what guide dogs actually do
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guide_dog
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/32169968

lol...

It is a funny little insight into what was my sisters mind, some of the stuff she came out with was hilarious...

Going back to #2, she would undoubtedly come out with, what if the person is deaf as well as blind

I remember reading somewhere years ago the number of people needed for a Riot to be a Riot officially, I think the number was something like 12, to which she asked if there was 10 people and Siamese Twins, does that count as being 12 people She would also come out with things like 'I wonder how easy it would be to stage a COOP (Coup)' or 'David, can I kill you, I know the perfect way and I wont get caught', she never did explain the perfect murder, but for years there was a joke among the family she was a serial killer in training as she loved reading all kinds of fictional crime stories

I have a similar thing about thinking about stupid things...

What does a snow plough driver do when it does not snow and how does he get to work when it does snow...

What happens if you put dettol in yakult

If you fart at the Speed of Sound, would you smell it first and not hear it...

Just trying to sadly amuse myself
(27 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm)MrFozz wrote lol...

It is a funny little insight into what was my sisters mind, some of the stuff she came out with was hilarious...

Going back to #2, she would undoubtedly come out with, what if the person is deaf as well as blind

I remember reading somewhere years ago the number of people needed for a Riot to be a Riot officially, I think the number was something like 12, to which she asked if there was 10 people and Siamese Twins, does that count as being 12 people She would also come out with things like 'I wonder how easy it would be to stage a COOP (Coup)' or 'David, can I kill you, I know the perfect way and I wont get caught', she never did explain the perfect murder, but for years there was a joke among the family she was a serial killer in training as she loved reading all kinds of fictional crime stories

I have a similar thing about thinking about stupid things...

What does a snow plough driver do when it does not snow and how does he get to work when it does snow...

What happens if you put dettol in yakult

If you fart at the Speed of Sound, would you smell it first and not hear it...

Just trying to sadly amuse myself

With the food I've been eating, this weekend, I might be able to get back to you on the farting one, pretty soon Blush
Marxista Fozzski
(27 Dec 2015, 11:41 pm)BusLoverMum wrote With the food I've been eating, this weekend, I might be able to get back to you on the farting one, pretty soon Blush
hahaha...

Too many Brussell Sprouts