You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016
(09 Jan 2016, 11:17 am)scania driver wrote You must be down on PVR numbers now ? Anything getting transferred in to help 
They've all been replaced by Pulsars coming in anyway, just we kept two going (1906/12) until the end of the year to provide extra resources for the Christmas period which allowed us to have spare buses in Middlesbrough to enable services to depart on time. We are struggling a bit now we've lost our extra spares mind, now things have tightened up a bit... hence Solo's appearing on 17s recently lol
(09 Jan 2016, 11:34 am)tyresmoke wrote They've all been replaced by Pulsars coming in anyway, just we kept two going (1906/12) until the end of the year to provide extra resources for the Christmas period which allowed us to have spare buses in Middlesbrough to enable services to depart on time. We are struggling a bit now we've lost our extra spares mind, now things have tightened up a bit... hence Solo's appearing on 17s recently lol

When is working with and travelling with a Arriva not a struggle ..  lol ? Can't wait to move back to Arrivaland.
(09 Jan 2016, 11:47 am)scania driver wrote When is working with and travelling with a Arriva not a struggle ..  lol ? Can't wait to move back to Arrivaland.

Do I detect some sarcasm?
You know what it is? Even though I've given Arriva some stick in the past, I think that they're failr decent. However, the lack of consistency and last of attention to detail is what's letting the side down.
(09 Jan 2016, 12:45 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote You know what it is? Even though I've given Arriva some stick in the past, I think that they're failr decent. However, the lack of consistency and last of attention to detail is what's letting the side down.

Water leaking from the ceiling, down stairs was actually flooded, underpowered heaps in my opinion. 

They are not decent to the passenger!
(09 Jan 2016, 1:11 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Water leaking from the ceiling, down stairs was actually flooded, underpowered heaps in my opinion. 

They are not decent to the passenger!

I wonder if another operator would step in through Northumberland and try and compete against Arriva. I don't think GNE will although they could easily get the resources enabling them to do so. If Stagecoach launched a direct 'red-meat' competitior to the X20 (Ashington to Newcastle) and launched either 1 or 2 competing services to the X21, they could make a very good go of it even with bog spec E400s but perhaps retrofitted with free Wi-Fi.
(09 Jan 2016, 2:07 pm)Cock Robin wrote 4722 on 22. First day out.

Was out on 81s on Thursday
(09 Jan 2016, 12:24 pm)GX03 SVC wrote 7415 has entered service today on service 35A.

Rather poor show from Arriva here.

That's what our bathroom windowframe was like on Thursday!
(08 Jan 2016, 9:16 pm)forster wrote Blyth's 7458 (T313 FGN) still going strong, in use today on the X8.

The X8 always seems to be treated as the runt of Blyth-Newcastle routes. I see non-MAX units on that route more than I do MAX, whereas X7/X10/X11 seem to be far more consistent.
(09 Jan 2016, 2:07 pm)Cock Robin wrote 4722 on 22. First day out.
(09 Jan 2016, 2:13 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Was out on 81s on Thursday

And here it was on Thursday - it worked the 1530 81a from Guisborough (and was therefore the last 81 from Stokesley).

.jpg ANE-4722.JPG
Probably having some work done on a visit from Thorntons? It can't be used as its not DDA compliant (yet).
(09 Jan 2016, 12:07 pm)Cock Robin wrote Do I detect some sarcasm?

No my friend, I'm serious. As my posts and comments elsewhere will testify I'm stuck here in Hartlepool where it is virtually impossible to travel anywhere. In Middlesbrough (Arrivaland) I have the entire area at my disposal for the cost of a day ticket; and less in the way of journey times.
(09 Jan 2016, 3:05 pm)cjkt wrote The X8 always seems to be treated as the runt of Blyth-Newcastle routes. I see non-MAX units on that route more than I do MAX, whereas X7/X10/X11 seem to be far more consistent.

Rhyming slang?!
i heard a rumour that ashingtons x20 branding will not be getting launched until the other ex london b7tl 55 regs arrive. if someone could shed some light and tell me if there is any truth in the rumour i would be very grateful
(11 Jan 2016, 3:30 pm)buss14 wrote i heard a rumour that ashingtons x20 branding will not be getting launched until the other ex london b7tl 55 regs arrive. if someone could shed some light and tell me if there is any truth in the rumour i would be very grateful

Its true the Geminis have proved to not be reliable enough.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(07 Jan 2016, 9:53 am)GX03 SVC wrote The MAX'd ALX400s will be for Service X20 according to the usual source. 7412 has proven CONSTANTLY unreliable and can barely cope with the 35.

7415 gets MOT tomorrow and should enter service next week on service 35.

You heard a rumour, Philip...?! 

You've since posted in this thread at least twice after the confirmation from myself, about the ex-London Volvo B7TL/Alexander ALX400s being refurbished for MAX X20.

(11 Jan 2016, 3:30 pm)buss14 wrote i heard a rumour that ashingtons x20 branding will not be getting launched until the other ex london b7tl 55 regs arrive. if someone could shed some light and tell me if there is any truth in the rumour i would be very grateful

You've probably, as per usual, taken this "rumour" from the Arriva UK Enthusiasts Facebook page, of which I commented on there about these.
(11 Jan 2016, 6:19 pm)GX03 SVC wrote You heard a rumour, Philip...?! 

You've since posted in this thread at least twice after the confirmation from myself, about the ex-London Volvo B7TL/Alexander ALX400s being refurbished for MAX X20.

You've probably, as per usual, taken this "rumour" from the Arriva UK Enthusiasts Facebook page, of which I commented on there about these.

yes i did and saying that the DLA's from london have been coping with the x20 quite well but they are a little too bouncy for my liking when they get to the country roads
(11 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm)GX03 SVC wrote 3 of Stocktons Cadets should be returned tomorrow by Ashington drivers.

is that including 1906 or not?
(11 Jan 2016, 7:31 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Including that, they're being parked next to the emergency exit ready to be taken down.

ok thank you
(11 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm)GX03 SVC wrote 3 of Stocktons Cadets should be returned tomorrow by Ashington drivers.

1909 back at our depot this morning (as of 0430) but the other two aren't yet
(12 Jan 2016, 5:34 am)tyresmoke wrote 1909 back at our depot this morning (as of 0430) but the other two aren't yet

1909 appeared at Darlington earlier, bound for Wakefield apparently!