You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Whats made you happy today?
(10 Feb 2016, 7:32 pm)MurdnunoC wrote You're all very cynical.

For all you know, he could be genuinely looking forward to spending an uninspiring day at the Haymarket shooting fish in a barrel.

You can't believe how much I laughed at that comment.

Truth is I'm off out of the area (sort of) with my normal camera.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
My attempt to get a photo of Optare Solo 9106 was successful.

Here it is seen at Haltwhistle Station after arriving on the 185 before changing onto the 681.
.jpg SAM_2702.JPG
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
the fact Sunderland won 2-1 with goals from Khzari and De Gea (OG) against the mighty Manchester United

(11 Feb 2016, 7:47 pm)GMitchelhill wrote My attempt to get a photo of Optare Solo 9106 was successful.

Here it is seen at Haltwhistle Station after arriving on the 185 before changing onto the 681.

nice shot sir keep up to good work
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Snowing in Sunderland =D

Edit: Stopped as quick as it started.....

(13 Feb 2016, 9:32 pm)Diamond One wrote the fact Sunderland won 2-1 with goals from Khzari and De Gea (OG) against the mighty Manchester United

Haven't been mighty since Sir Alex left.

I can't see Man U winning the title for a few years now.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(14 Feb 2016, 11:22 am)Michael wrote Snowing in Sunderland =D

Edit: Stopped as quick as it started.....

Haven't been mighty since Sir Alex left.

I can't see Man U winning the title for a few years now.
D'ya think they will become this generations Liverpool? 😀
(15 Feb 2016, 1:09 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Just booked a 1st Advance return...(well two singles) to Edinburgh from Morpeth on Wednesday...£23, bargain!

Well, I am leaving Ashington at 0800 and returning home at 2100.....

Think they'll be the same trains as I used back in December, got great service! (Is it the 8:56 from 'Peth?)
(15 Feb 2016, 5:00 pm)DanPicken wrote Walking behind a bus stop on Holmside there's a Nexus Area map from, circa 2005.

Ye, NEXUS haven't bothered removing it.

It'll be confusing for passengers who aren't from the area and they have a look!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Feb 2016, 5:03 pm)Michael wrote Ye, NEXUS haven't bothered removing it.

It'll be confusing for passengers who aren't from the area and they have a look!
How'way Michael. Do you expect NEXUS to do owt about it?
(17 Feb 2016, 11:09 am)GX03 SVC wrote Got an Intercity 125.

1S03 from Morpeth at 0856. Smile

Leeds - Aberdeen?
Done that one many a time.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Whats made you happy today?
On the subject of train travel, my tickets for my trip to Manchester in April arrived in the post this morning. The trip was originally due to be me just staying over for one night but has now been extended to a full weekend so I will now be there for four days. Will hopefully get to do some bus bashing whilst I'm over there. Hoping that the new First Vantage branded buses will be in service when I make my trip.
There's been some rather happy drivers around recently, yesterday in Bishop Auckland nearly all of the Arriva and independent drivers give me a wave, and today in Sunderland a lot of GNE drivers gave me a wave or a nod.
(17 Feb 2016, 12:14 pm)Jimmi wrote On the subject of train travel, my tickets for my trip to Manchester in April arrived in the post this morning. The trip was originally due to be me just staying over for one night but has now been extended to a full weekend so I will now be there for four days. Will hopefully get to do some bus bashing whilst I'm over there. Hoping that the new First Vantage branded buses will be in service when I make my trip.
http://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manche...starting-3

Looks like you'll be in luck

Can do a comparison with the stagecoach MMCs operating opposite the busway on the X34. Manchester is a great place.
Finally a day of decent weather. My hip is still feeling fragile, but the weather is pleasant enough to brave an outing with the boys.

So far so good with little'un on the screeching and bell pushing front, though we're upstairs on a president and there is a very welcome lack of bells. Big'un has accepted that we're not intending to take any "interesting" detours.

Will grab some lunch at the Metrocentre and then probably go for a mooch around IKEA.
(18 Feb 2016, 5:37 pm)Davie wrote Managed to ride Kingsley's 109, GNE 3859 on the Q3 (Even through the driver didn't know how to drive it) and an ALX400  on the X14.

That was hilarious, "Oh not this it's shit!" He was 15L late leaving HAymarket later in the day.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(15 Feb 2016, 5:03 pm)Michael wrote Ye, NEXUS haven't bothered removing it.

On Benton Park Road the stop after the ministry (DSS Longbenton) has no timetable, unusually two months ago I saw it in a bin at Longbenton metro. It has a local route poster from 1999
(18 Feb 2016, 5:37 pm)Davie wrote Managed to ride Kingsley's 109, GNE 3859 on the Q3 (Even through the driver didn't know how to drive it) and an ALX400  on the X14.

Was 3859 on the SAGE special bus from the Park & Ride to the Haymarket?