You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Marxista Fozzski
RE: 2015/16 Football Season
Never thought much of referees in the past, but I hope this guy is alright...

Kevin Friend collapses during Bournemouth v Southampton

BBC Sport wroteFourth official Kevin Friend collapsed and hit his head on a dugout during Tuesday's Premier League game between Bournemouth and Southampton.

Friend, who cut his face, was treated in the tunnel before being taken to hospital, where he stayed overnight.

The incident happened as the first half came to an end at the Vitality Stadium.

The start of the second half was delayed by five minutes as Friend was replaced by Dean Treleaven, a qualified referee who was watching the match.

"I was on the bench and he came to us and he fell against the dugout, with his nose, and then fell to the ground," said Saints boss Ronald Koeman. "For maybe five seconds he was out of everything."

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe, whose side won 2-0, added: "I saw him collapse. I saw him very dazed and shaken."
(11 Feb 2016, 9:13 pm)Adrian wrote IMPORTANT: Adam Johnson legal case - a statement

The board is not moderated full time and we will be deleting any threads or posts that are made whether items are being reported in the media or otherwise. This is our prerogative to do so.

We are not in a position to defend ourselves in the event that users post comments that could be considered prejudicial to an ongoing legal case.

Bans will be issued to offenders. This is non negotiable and not up for discussion.

RE: Adam Johnson legal case.

As the trial has now been concluded, I can't see the issue with members being free to discuss the issue on the board. The cooperation has been greatly appreciated.

BBC News article: Adam Johnson guilty of child sex charge
SAFC club statement: http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/...-statement

I'd remind people of their legal and morale obligation when discussing such cases, specifically: 

Durham Constabulary
"Victims of sexual assault are guaranteed the legal right to lifetime anonymity and publishing any details, including on social media, which may lead to their identification, is contrary to the Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 1992."
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
McClaren has clearly reached the 'What the hell do I do?!' stage, what is he doing with this selection!

Gouffran at LW, when both Aarons, Perez AND Saivet can play there?! (and all are on the bench, so I'd hope at least one is fully fit)
(02 Mar 2016, 5:42 pm)Adrian wrote RE: Adam Johnson legal case.

As the trial has now been concluded, I can't see the issue with members being free to discuss the issue on the board. The cooperation has been greatly appreciated.

BBC News article: Adam Johnson guilty of child sex charge
SAFC club statement: http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/...-statement

I'd remind people of their legal and morale obligation when discussing such cases, specifically: 

Glad Sunderland have finally made a statement..... seems he lied about the club knowing etc... the club should take action against him.

What ever he gets he won't do the full sentence...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Mar 2016, 7:17 pm)Michael wrote Glad Sunderland have finally made a statement..... seems he lied about the club knowing etc... the club should take action against him.

Once he changed his plea to guilty, it was obvious he had lied.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(02 Mar 2016, 8:16 pm)Andreos1 wrote Once he changed his plea to guilty, it was obvious he had lied.

Ye, not sure why he blamed the club..... the club should take action again'st him.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Mar 2016, 8:19 pm)Michael wrote Ye, not sure why he blamed the club..... the club should take action again'st him.

He has potentially ruined a young lasses life and made mugs out of SAFC and its supporters.
(02 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote He has potentially ruined a young lasses life and made mugs out of SAFC and its supporters.

He has... i hope he gets it up the pooper in prison.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Mar 2016, 8:24 pm)Michael wrote He has... i hope he gets it up the pooper in prison.

I am guessing he will be classed as a vulnerable prisoner and possibly segregated from the main population.
Marxista Fozzski
2015/16 Football Season
(02 Mar 2016, 7:17 pm)Michael wrote Glad Sunderland have finally made a statement..... seems he lied about the club knowing etc... the club should take action against him.

Seems like he has made mugs out of everybody.

I would say if SAFC did know, they should hold there heads in shame, but I believe what SAFC has to say about it, I believe if they did know, it would have been leaked long before he went on trial.

Could Sunderland take action against him, they have made it clear he was lying about it and surely they must do something about it, if they dont take action against him and defend themselves, questions will always be asked about what they knew and did not know, and surely such action would shut those up who have a problem with Sunderland.

I dont know what it says for those around him, I dont really want to trash them, but I seem to understand it as at least one of those close to him knew he was guilty and if what the news was reporting they said so under oath and cross-examination, I would have thought the right thing to do would have been to report it, no matter how loyal you want to be or what your priorities are, he should have been reported by anyone who knew what happened.

(02 Mar 2016, 8:24 pm)Michael wrote He has... i hope he gets it up the pooper in prison.

So do I, as Andreos said though, he will most likely be segregated as a vulnerable prisoner.

It seems he is now going to appeal his conviction...

Could Adam Johnson's child sex conviction be overturned?

The Chronicle wroteThe former Sunderland player will appeal his conviction his barrister told the court as he faces up to a decade behind bars

The former Sunderland player will appeal his conviction his barrister told the court as he faces up to a decade behind bars"

The former Sunderland player will appeal his conviction his barrister told the court as he faces up to a decade behind bars.

The former Sunderland player will appeal his conviction his barrister told the court as he faces up to a decade behind bars

Adam Johnson’s legal team have revealed he will appeal his child sex conviction as he was warned he could expect a lengthy jail term.

The 28-year-old was told to “say goodbye to your daughter” by Judge Jonathan Rose after he was found guilty of sexual activity with a schoolgirl by a jury at Bradford Crown Court.

Johnson remained expressionless as he was told he could be jailed for up to 10 years.

Judge Rose told the former Manchester City and Middlesbrough player to get his affairs in order before he is sentenced later this month.

He said: “You must be under no illusion that this will be a substantial prison sentence.

“By granting you bail. This will give you time to put your affairs in order.

“In this time you can say goodbye to your daughter.

“A substantial prison sentence means you will not see her for sometime.”

Judge Rose added: “You will be well advised not to use social media in this time [on bail].”

After nine hours and 10 minutes the jury of eight women and four men at Bradford Crown Court found the former Sunderland player not guilty of engaging in oral sex with the schoolgirl in his parked up Range Rover.

The jury told the judge they could not come to a unanimous verdict on the first count of sexual activity with a child involving penetration with his fingers.

The former Sunderland player will appeal his conviction his barrister told the court as he faces up to a decade behind bars.

The former Sunderland player will appeal his conviction his barrister told the court as he faces up to a decade behind bars

Judge Rose said he would accept a majority verdict from the jurors who have sat through a 14 day trial.

After nine hours and 42 minutes of deliberations, Johnson was told he had been found guilty of one count.

He previously admitted to grooming and kissing the girl.

However, Johnson’s barrister Orlando Pownall QC told the judge that he intended to appeal the sex offender’s conviction.

Johnson manipulated a young fan who he first met outside the Stadium of Light, bombarding her with flirtatious messages and encouraging her to meet him in his car.

After he gave her a signed football shirt he told her she “owed” him, meeting her on January 30, 2015, when she was just 15-years-old to carry out sex acts on her.

Judge Rose said the starting point for sentencing Johnson would be five years behind bars, though he could be jailed for up to a decade.

Johnson was released on bail with a 7pm to 7am curfew.

He will be sentenced before the end of this month.

His solicitor was seen in court carrying Johnson’s black holdall in case he was kept in custody.
Marxista Fozzski
2015/16 Football Season
FAO: Mr Calder

Out of interest, what happened with JJ O'Donnell, last you told me was the recovery was on, has he made a full recovery and more importantly is he playing again???
(03 Mar 2016, 11:26 am)MrFozz wrote FAO: Mr Calder

Out of interest, what happened with JJ O'Donnell, last you told me was the recovery was on, has he made a full recovery and more importantly is he playing again???

He is the kitman!
Replaced Mr Spurs around Christmas.
Marxista Fozzski
Ah right...now I think about it I think I saw something in the non-League Paper a few weeks ago...

Is he also involved in Gatesheads Community Schemes...

Is his playing days over and done with now?
(03 Mar 2016, 3:41 pm)MrFozz wrote Ah right...now I think about it I think I saw something in the non-League Paper a few weeks ago...

Is he also involved in Gatesheads Community Schemes...

Is his playing days over and done with now?

Not sure about the career.
Hopefully not. A cracking, wholehearted player.
Marxista Fozzski
(03 Mar 2016, 5:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote Not sure about the career.
Hopefully not. A cracking, wholehearted player.
Be a shame if he never kicked a ball in Anger again, not just for himself but for Lee as well as him and his mate after they fundraised and got the medical costs for O'Donnells Operation
Marxista Fozzski
(04 Mar 2016, 12:14 pm)Michael wrote Sunderland beat Newcastle to host England v Australia friendly

Sunderland will host a friendly international between England and Australia at the Stadium of Light on Friday, May 27.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sund...z41w4iQRzu
Bastard, ya beat me to it lol

Also playing Turkey at Man City

Would not mind a ticket for the Turkey game, I was at the last game we played the Turks...in Sunderland
(04 Mar 2016, 12:28 pm)MrFozz wrote Bastard, ya beat me to it lol

Also playing Turkey at Man City

Would not mind a ticket for the Turkey game, I was at the last game we played the Turks...in Sunderland

Haha sorry Fozz!

I might go.. depending on how far my dissertation will be from completion... as its due in on the 27th May..... Tongue

TICKET NEWS:
Priority tickets for these fixtures will go on sale to England Supporters Club members from Monday 14 March. For your best chance to access tickets, join now at [/url][url=https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/V6NoBT9DKeUvw#_blank]www.EnglandSupportersClub.com

Tickets will not be available from Sunderland AFC or the Stadium of Light ticket office.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(04 Mar 2016, 5:39 pm)mb134 wrote Anyone else been keeping up with this? Worth a watch, there's about 24 and a half hours left:

#5liveaside
Seen it mentioned on the news, I cannot stand both Alan Shearer and Robbie Savage...despite that I hope they raise a lot of money...I remember there fundraiser a few year ago when they raised money sitting on all 90,000 seats in Wembley Stadium
Marxista Fozzski
2015/16 Football Season
Adam Johnson: Sunderland chief executive Margaret Byrne resigns

Margaret Byrne has resigned as the CEO of Sunderland AFC

BBC Sport wroteSunderland chief executive Margaret Byrne has resigned following the Adam Johnson child abuse case.

Johnson, 28, faces a jail sentence after being found guilty of sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl.

The Premier League club has been criticised for letting the England winger play after his arrest.

Byrne, chief executive since 2011, said that decision "was a serious mistake", with the club adding: "We are so very sorry for this."

In a statement, Sunderland said Johnson's victim had been "very badly let down first and foremost" by the player and "his despicable actions", but also "by the club they support".

The club initially suspended Johnson in March 2015 but lifted that ban after just 16 days.

He was eventually sacked on the eve of his trial last month, when he admitted grooming the girl and one charge of sexual activity.

In the intervening 10 months, he played 28 times for the Black Cats.

Byrne, who joined Sunderland in 2007, said in a statement: "Contrary to what has been suggested, I did not understand that Mr Johnson intended to change his plea at trial or at all.

"I was astounded when he did plead guilty.

"I accept that Mr Johnson should not have been permitted to play again, irrespective of what he was going to plead.

"It was a serious error of judgement and I accept full responsibility for this."
(07 Mar 2016, 11:20 am)Michael wrote Rumours on Facebook and twitter that Newcastle isn't going to sack Steve.

Likely scenario if he is still in charge by Leicester:

Somehow snatch a point, where the board will assume he is good enough through their utter incompetence, he'll then fail to motivate the team for the derby, or the game against Norwich. We'll lose both, and it'll be far too late to make a change...

I hope that they see this week as an opportunity (still believe they should have changed it during the 18 day break), and sack him. The new guy (how I'd love the Moyes/Benitez rumours to be true) will then have time to get the team ready for the derby and Norwich, we can afford to write off the Leicester game imo, although we could probably get something with the 'new manager' effect.
Just reading some of the stuff put out on fb in support of Johnson.
Someone who is apparently his sister, is asking for people to change their profile picture to show him and his bairn.

Another is trying to get enough momentum going, to launch an appeal.

Speechless...
(08 Mar 2016, 10:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote Just reading some of the stuff put out on fb in support of Johnson.
Someone who is apparently his sister, is asking for people to change their profile picture to show him and his bairn.

Speechless...

And of course, Katie Hopkins had to get involved. Saying he isnt a paedophile as his victim knew exactly what she was doing and therefore doesn't deserve jail time. She is still acknowledging the fact that he broke the law so it isnt all bad!
(08 Mar 2016, 10:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote Just reading some of the stuff put out on fb in support of Johnson.

Speechless...

Id seen that earlier... Justice for Johnson? He pleaded guilty ffs. Some people have no common sense, and certainly no respect for his victim.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Marxista Fozzski

Speechless...
I am sure the appeal was announced as soon as he was found guilty

(08 Mar 2016, 10:16 pm)S813 FVK wrote And of course, Katie Hopkins had to get involved. Saying he isnt a paedophile as his victim knew exactly what she was doing and therefore doesn't deserve jail time. She is still acknowledging the fact that he broke the law so it isnt all bad!

I cannot stand Katie Hopkins, I would not anything she says serious...

I don't doubt the fact the girl knew what she was doing, but the fact is she was 15 and Adam Johnson knew she was 15, going as far as searching for the laws on underage sex when police examined his Phone or Computer...

Those who are defending him are idiots, if it was a case of him being caught out unintenionally by thinking she was old enough, I may have had a little sympathy, some girls these days look old enough at 14 and 15 and I know who has been caught out like that.

Adam Johnson deserves whatever punishment is handed down...