You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016
(06 Mar 2016, 7:22 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote 2828  94/95

As the Whitby Park and Ride is closed for the winter, 2828 should be used on Whitby Towns until the start of the season in 2 weeks time (same as 7489 being used on 64/64a or X93 for the winter).
Site Administrator
(06 Mar 2016, 7:26 pm)Kuyoyo wrote As the Whitby Park and Ride is closed for the winter, 2828 should be used on Whitby Towns until the start of the season in 2 weeks time (same as 7489 being used on 64/64a or X93 for the winter).

I was under the impression that there was a spare Volvo B9 during the winter season?

If so - why would 7489 ever be deemed an appropriate allocation to the X93 during the winter season?
(06 Mar 2016, 8:20 pm)Dan wrote I was under the impression that there was a spare Volvo B9 during the winter season?

If so - why would 7489 ever be deemed an appropriate allocation to the X93 during the winter season?

There is a spare B9TL - of course, there's the 28 day inspection and any other issues that could arise. Yesterday, for example, we had 1438 on all day (and I believe it worked a trip on Friday night as well). Would you rather they have a single decker on there (like a Temsa or, even worse as did happen a few weeks ago, one of the ALX200 Darts) or 7489?
Site Administrator
(06 Mar 2016, 8:31 pm)Kuyoyo wrote There is a spare B9TL - of course, there's the 28 day inspection and any other issues that could arise. Yesterday, for example, we had 1438 on all day (and I believe it worked a trip on Friday night as well). Would you rather they have a single decker on there (like a Temsa or, even worse as did happen a few weeks ago, one of the ALX200 Darts) or 7489?

But what you're doing by mentioning reasons a bus may be off service is justifying a wrong brand/vehicle type allocation.

It shouldn't happen, but there are times when it will have to happen.

Completely understand the Solo allocation, but there's no reason for 7489 to be the preferred output on the X93.
(06 Mar 2016, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote But what you're doing by mentioning reasons a bus may be off service is justifying a wrong brand/vehicle type allocation.

It shouldn't happen, but there are times when it will have to happen.

Completely understand the Solo allocation, but there's no reason for 7489 to be the preferred output on the X93.

I'm saying 7489 would be the preferred output on the X93 should they be 2 B9s off the road not when they have all 6 available and at Whitby (as the sixth one has been spotted on the 64/64a once or twice recently).
Site Administrator
(06 Mar 2016, 8:41 pm)Kuyoyo wrote I'm saying 7489 would be the preferred output on the X93 should they be 2 B9s off the road not when they have all 6 available and at Whitby (as the sixth one has been spotted on the 64/64a once or twice recently).

But then what's the point in these rare/odd working threads if we start suggesting that we shouldn't be noting certain buses on certain services, even if they are indeed wrong brand/vehicle type allocations?
(06 Mar 2016, 8:42 pm)Dan wrote But then what's the point in these rare/odd working threads if we start suggesting that we shouldn't be noting certain buses on certain services, even if they are indeed wrong brand/vehicle type allocations?

Who is saying its not still an odd working even if it would be the preferred back-up for the winter? I certainly haven't said anything about not noting them as odd workings.

(I would also like to mention that the 94/95 is a one vehicle working on a Sunday so it is likely booked for a Solo in any case, of course in an ideal world it should be 2827 but given that seems to be spending most of its time at present at Redcar)
The X93 B9TLs have been going through annual test recently which is why one or two have been sighted at Redcar (and indeed Stockton) - they prefer to get them done now rather than in the much busier summer season which would leave them with no spare bus. 7486 should be this weeks candidate although I think there may be another B9 also given that 1438 has been at Whitby the last few days. Not sure why Redcar couldn't give them 7489 as has happened previously...
(06 Mar 2016, 8:50 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Who is saying its not still an odd working even if it would be the preferred back-up for the winter? I certainly haven't said anything about not noting them as odd workings.

(I would also like to mention that the 94/95 is a one vehicle working on a Sunday so it is likely booked for a Solo in any case, of course in an ideal world it should be 2827 but given that seems to be spending most of its time at present at Redcar)

You pulled Biglugs for noting an allocation, and then you've replied to Dan saying people shouldn't be noting these allocations?
(06 Mar 2016, 8:56 pm)R852 PRG wrote You pulled Biglugs for noting an allocation, and then you've replied to Dan saying people shouldn't be noting these allocations?

Big Grin
(07 Mar 2016, 12:32 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote By all accounts posted in a group on Facebook Man EcoCity 4812 has spent some time on 13A/13B

It's now back on 21s, 1498 is on 13s
(07 Mar 2016, 2:01 pm)Jimmi wrote 7521 on 43.

Got incredibly confused there, thinking you were talking about Jesmond's 43.
(07 Mar 2016, 2:12 pm)X8X9X10 wrote Got incredibly confused there, thinking you were talking about Jesmond's 43.
Well this is the downside of using the same service number more than once, was bad enough when Go North East also had a 43 serving Durham Bus Station.
(07 Mar 2016, 1:10 pm)GX03 SVC wrote 35 branded StreetLite on 1250 X22 off Ashington

1579 perhaps? I passed it on an X22 to Newcastle at around 8:00 in Bedlington.