Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Anything and Everything | North East Buses

Skip to main content

RE: Anything and Everything
It may sound cynical but people should always be wary of those claiming altruistic reasons for doing things. If one does things for personal satisfaction or to feel good about themselves while helping others then the deed is, first and foremost, about ego while altruism usually falls a distant second. A brief reading of Andy's postings yesterday suggests that he lives in his own deluded world in which he thinks he is making a difference to GNE's customer services output. Although he may help others, it is now crystal clear that his primary motivation for doing this is ego and that is why he is taking his 'dismissal' rather hard.
I doubt the MD will actually bother to respond to him. I wrote to him about a month before the ITA meeting on QCS, with a series of questions on the VPA proposal. It was sent recorded so I know it got there, but I'm yet to be given a reply.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Oct 2013, 10:33 am)aureolin wrote I doubt the MD will actually bother to respond to him. I wrote to him about a month before the ITA meeting on QCS, with a series of questions on the VPA proposal. It was sent recorded so I know it got there, but I'm yet to be given a reply.

Likely. I know we were having problems with our corporate key cards on a daily basis. No joy at all from GNE so our Head Office contacted Go Ahead Group HO and within 2 hours the problem was resolved
(06 Oct 2013, 11:07 am)gtomlinson wrote Likely. I know we were having problems with our corporate key cards on a daily basis. No joy at all from GNE so our Head Office contacted Go Ahead Group HO and within 2 hours the problem was resolved

Should never have to do that. In contrast, I wrote to Peter Huntley once and within a couple of days I received a personal response, along with an offer to come in and talk to him about it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Oct 2013, 11:08 am)aureolin wrote Should never have to do that. In contrast, I wrote to Peter Huntley once and within a couple of days I received a personal response, along with an offer to come in and talk to him about it.

I think its the current regime, this was last year and we'd never had problems before. It got to the point where our Chief Executive on a national level got involved with Go Ahead because locally we were being ignored
An interesting one.

Ken Kennedy > Go North East 3 hours ago · Hi Go North East. I thought you didn't want people commenting on your wall any more? Myself and others received messages to that effect. Are the rules different on a Sunday because you're not in the office and seemingly don't have access to anything? I also count that you have have answered one post in almost two hours. If that's not a reason to allow others to post answers then I don't know what is. Like 2 people like this. Percy Main you tell em Ken
Like · 3 hours ago

Go North East Dear Mr Kennedy we are very busy this morning and
will look to get through the queries as quickly as possible please be aware we also respond to private messages if you would like to make a complaint please E-mail customer services on customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
Like · 3 hours ago

Michelle Parkin Sorry wouldn't you be busier if you had to deal with someone complaining that you're busy?
Like · 3 hours ago

Leyland Olympian GNE - fair enough, but please can you also answer
the first part of Ken's post? Why is Stuart Smith for example seemingly being allowed to post replies on here before you do and when other regular posters have been asked to refrain from doing so?
Like · 3 hours ago

Percy Main itys an ope3n forum they can ask you to stop but its up 2 you weather you do
Like · 3 hours ago

Stuart Smith @Leyland - Because they haven't said a word to me on this matter. As far as I'm concerned nothing new has happened. Plus there wasn't a problem with the replies from people like myself, Andy, Ian etc. before the likes of Fyacebuk Polis come along causing friction often trying to start irrelevant arguments, which if you ask me seems to be the reason for this in the first place. (Or at least what I gather from this so far. I am not involved with GNE's requests to stop posting. I have not seen any house rules on this page either, soo...) To conclude my post, why don't they just do the same as the T&W Metro page if the objective is to remove freedom of speech anyway? Lets reference back to Ian's (and sometimes even GNE's response) if its a public forum like an open Facebook wall, it is an open invitation for anyone to comment. If you want to remove that open invitation then close it. Timeline posts for announcements only, and PM system to respond to customer queries.
Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Leyland Olympian Stuart - thanks, very interesting indeed and all rather
inconsistent behaviour by GNE it would seem! Open forum or not?!
Like · 1 · 2 hours ago

I am curious as to Stuarts defence of Ian, Andy et al, his accusations that Fyacebuk was instigating tension (forgetting the allegations of sexual advances made on himby a rival organisations driver) or why he has yet to receive a message from GNE.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
Ken Kennedy > Go North East 3 hours ago · Hi Go North East. I thought you didn't want people commenting on your wall any more? Myself and others received messages to that effect. Are the rules different on a Sunday because you're not in the office and seemingly don't have access to anything? I also count that you have have answered one post in almost two hours. If that's not a reason to allow others to post answers then I don't know what is. Like 2 people like this. Percy Main you tell em Ken
Like · 3 hours ago

Go North East Dear Mr Kennedy we are very busy this morning and
will look to get through the queries as quickly as possible please be aware we also respond to private messages if you would like to make a complaint please E-mail customer services on customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
Like · 3 hours ago

Michelle Parkin Sorry wouldn't you be busier if you had to deal with someone complaining that you're busy?
Like · 3 hours ago

Leyland Olympian GNE - fair enough, but please can you also answer
the first part of Ken's post? Why is Stuart Smith for example seemingly being allowed to post replies on here before you do and when other regular posters have been asked to refrain from doing so?
Like · 3 hours ago

Percy Main itys an ope3n forum they can ask you to stop but its up 2 you weather you do
Like · 3 hours ago

Stuart Smith @Leyland - Because they haven't said a word to me on this matter. As far as I'm concerned nothing new has happened. Plus there wasn't a problem with the replies from people like myself, Andy, Ian etc. before the likes of Fyacebuk Polis come along causing friction often trying to start irrelevant arguments, which if you ask me seems to be the reason for this in the first place. (Or at least what I gather from this so far. I am not involved with GNE's requests to stop posting. I have not seen any house rules on this page either, soo...) To conclude my post, why don't they just do the same as the T&W Metro page if the objective is to remove freedom of speech anyway? Lets reference back to Ian's (and sometimes even GNE's response) if its a public forum like an open Facebook wall, it is an open invitation for anyone to comment. If you want to remove that open invitation then close it. Timeline posts for announcements only, and PM system to respond to customer queries.
Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Leyland Olympian Stuart - thanks, very interesting indeed and all rather
inconsistent behaviour by GNE it would seem! Open forum or not?!
Like · 1 · 2 hours ago

It is getting beyond a joke now to be honest, it is not funny anymore, who in the name of bloody hell is Stuart Smith, I think he needs to wake up from the alternate reality he is in to the rest of us

GNE FB Page was shite long before Fyacebuk came along and the only reason Fyacebuk came along is because they knew at that time, GNE would just sit back and allow themselves to be trolled...

It wasn't bad before fyacebuk and them showed makes me laugh, Hignett and Clifford have been antagonising punters for years, and Andy writing to the MD is just childish to say the least, I hope the MD uses his complaint as bog roll and flush it down the netty Wink
Leyland Olympian Stuart - thanks for your help in answering all these queries when GNE are offline or too busy as happened yesterday. Hopefully you'll not also receive the "thanks for all your help but please stop posting on our wall" message from them this morning...

And that's why they should shut the page on a night when they log off
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Mark Ellis You can take bikes on the Lime routes (8 & 78) which run between Sunderland and Stanley/Consett
2 hours ago · Like

Ken Kennedy Mark you shouldn't be commenting out of hours. We all got a telling off for it.

Bitter or what
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
It's getting a wee bit silly.

Mark may have permission to post? It does send a mixed message but it's his perogative at the end of the day
(07 Oct 2013, 8:21 pm)gtomlinson wrote It's getting a wee bit silly.

Mark may have permission to post? It does send a mixed message but it's his perogative at the end of the day

After 6 when they log off they should shut the page so no one can ask/Answer questions, he need's to grow up.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just when we thought GNE were starting to get a grip on the page, the weekend arrives and it ends up back at square one.

It really is a mess and for the company to have won awards for their social media activity?

Thinking about it, this is also the same organisation who can't get their phone lines fixed however many months after the problems were initially identified.

Customer Service seems shambolic.
Where has that Stagecoach link gone about Customer Service week? Wink
(06 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm)fozzovmurton wrote It is getting beyond a joke now to be honest, it is not funny anymore, who in the name of bloody hell is Stuart Smith, I think he needs to wake up from the alternate reality he is in to the rest of us

GNE FB Page was shite long before Fyacebuk came along and the only reason Fyacebuk came along is because they knew at that time, GNE would just sit back and allow themselves to be trolled...

It wasn't bad before fyacebuk and them showed makes me laugh, Hignett and Clifford have been antagonising punters for years, and Andy writing to the MD is just childish to say the least, I hope the MD uses his complaint as bog roll and flush it down the netty Wink

Even if I had a bit of banter with Clifford and Ken, I am sure I did not cause any tension as suggested by Stuart/Rainbow (check his profile out).
I often answered questions from passengers and pointed them in the right direction.

He must be blind to the tension caused by Mr Hignett and his 'Hignetism's' and Mr Clifford with his... well being Mr Clifford!
Nigel Howard Would suggest money would be better spent improving services, can only assume another tax dodge

Here's a new one starting - Post was on the post about the Connections 4
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(09 Oct 2013, 5:07 pm)Michael wrote Nigel Howard Would suggest money would be better spent improving services, can only assume another tax dodge

Here's a new one starting - Post was on the post about the Connections 4

What in the name of bloody hell
I hadn't seen that one, but it seems GNE employees are allowed to comment

Laura Cairns > Go North East 3 hours ago · Something needs to be done about the 56! Stood in the freezing cold waiting for a bus that's always, always late and then when it does show up is bet my life there will be 3 together!!
Like 2 people like this.

Phillip Stephen Donkin too true !
Like · 3 hours ago

Laura Cairns I'm gonna be late for my new job! X
Like · 3 hours ago

Go North East Hi Laura - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with that service. Can you please confirm the journey you're attempting to make and the times
of the buses that haven't arrived?
Like · 1 · 3 hours ago

Laura Cairns 56 from Sunderland to Newcastle I'm stood at the bus stop after concord in Washington waiting to go to Gateshead interchange the 16:40 and 16:50 both
haven't shown up and the next one is due now (17:00) no signs of that one either
Like · 3 hours ago

Laura Cairns Just a quick update, 3 buses just showed up finally! All at the same time!
Like · 2 · 3 hours ago

Sue Mcnish I drive them Laura running times are a disgrace, thanks for the comment maybe something might be done..
Like · 1 hour ago
Marxista Fozzski
(09 Oct 2013, 7:20 pm)Andreos1 wrote I hadn't seen that one, but it seems GNE employees are allowed to comment

Sue Mcnish I drive them Laura running times are a disgrace, thanks for the comment maybe something might be done..
Like · 1 hour ago

Slating your own enployers on Facebook, not really a wise move surely
(10 Oct 2013, 9:38 am)fozzovmurton wrote Slating your own enployers on Facebook, not really a wise move surely

Indeed. They should have a social media guideline.

I'd delete it then speak to my union rep

People need to grasp that you shouldn't say anything on social media that you wouldn't in person
(10 Oct 2013, 11:06 am)gtomlinson wrote Indeed. They should have a social media guideline.

I'd delete it then speak to my union rep

People need to grasp that you shouldn't say anything on social media that you wouldn't in person

Yes at Arriva we basically can't say or do anything on the Facebook page which is really frustrating at times when you see customer services giving out wrong information!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(10 Oct 2013, 1:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yes at Arriva we basically can't say or do anything on the Facebook page which is really frustrating at times when you see customer services giving out wrong information!

Wasn't there a bit of a hoo hah in the days of Arriva Bod, when drivers were entering into arguments with passengers?
I remember a crackdown at the time and a few friendly reminders to the drivers
(10 Oct 2013, 1:42 pm)Andreos1 wrote Wasn't there a bit of a hoo hah in the days of Arriva Bod, when drivers were entering into arguments with passengers?
I remember a crackdown at the time and a few friendly reminders to the drivers

Yeah I seem to remember something like that. New Social Media policy between company and drivers was put into place as a result.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(10 Oct 2013, 4:20 pm)citaro5284 wrote GNE do have a Social Media Policy Big Grin

Do they? Is at hashed up and hopeless as their other new policies? Big Grin

Did ex-Arriva Bod Mark write it? Tongue
(10 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm)citaro5284 wrote Why would he, Policies do not have anything to do with him

I was referring to GNE's new 'stop posting on our wall Andy'

I'd imagine HR have written up the SM Policy
My student loan came back today, sending the letter straight off so i can be paid =D

Need the money badly, down to my last bid from redundancy money
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Has anyone noticed the last update on the GNe fb page relating to the award they have been nominated for?

There seems to be a lot of shock, judging my the reaction in the comments!

This was the GNE post.
Go North East 58 minutes ago via HootSuite · We have been shortlisted for major bus industry awards, including Top City Bus Operator - see http:// ow.ly/pIvwt for more information.
Like · Share

Responses include:

Rachel Shannon Including most expensive on the planet?
Like · 2 · 57 minutes ago

George Rickard YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR BUS DRIVERS TO STOP AT BUS STOPS BEFORE YOUS WIN AWARDS
Like · 53 minutes ago

Craig Donnigan wonder who they have paid to shortlist them
Like · 52 minutes ago

Stephen James Littlemore You gotta be joking Like · 39 minutes ago

Keith Jackson Unbelievable !
Like · 33 minutes ago

Mark Stevenson Lol.....looks like everyones happy with the
nomination
Like · 30 minutes ago

Yvonne Camfield I really don't know how ! Like · 29 minutes ago

Andy Plant I don't want to be nasty to all the people at Go North East who work really hard to get us around, even if some of you are as grumpy as we customers
sometimes. BUT to be award winning we must have better buses on the Consett routes ( and no doubt elsewhere)...they just break down too often...some of the new buses on other routes are good, but Consett
busses are PANTS. Shiny new buses first, then shiny awards please.
Like · 27 minutes ago

Shirley Stalker The organisers of that must have had a bang on the head
Like · 12 minutes ago

Adrian Hedley Have you been shortlisted in the category of insane fare structures?
Like · Just now

There was one positive comment...
Kat Mason well done
Like · 40 minutes ago
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Don't know if this has been posted but Andy Cifford posts on the GNE recommendations.
.jpg image.jpg