Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
(07 Oct 2013, 3:23 pm)cbma06 wrote Has there been any more reliability issues with service X7 lately?.

Saw a report of one broken today on A19 near Castle Eden

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(07 Oct 2013, 5:23 pm)Daniel wrote Yes. Both 506 and 513 were out as planned today. Photos to come in an hour! Wink

Bit delayed...

A photo of 506 is displayed here, and 513 here.

Also updated the article about it on our news page to include photos of both showing the blind - see here. Smile
(07 Oct 2013, 8:14 pm)Michael wrote Is it me or is their less writing on the Waggonway page on the GNE site..

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/the-waggonway

Could of sworn their was more info on it

Must be getting ready to update the page to Scania's

Looking forward to seen the Waggonway Brand on the Scania's

Didn't there used to be more about Beamish on there and more graphics?

Byeeeeeee DAFs

(what will I complain about now?)
(07 Oct 2013, 8:40 pm)gtomlinson wrote Didn't there used to be more about Beamish on there and more graphics?

Byeeeeeee DAFs

(what will I complain about now?)

Ye sure their was.

The cadets on the M2/M3/W5/W6? Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(07 Oct 2013, 9:07 pm)Michael wrote Ye sure their was.

The cadets on the M2/M3/W5/W6? Tongue

MPDs on the W5/W6, remember. Deptford's 603-606 will be transferred for the W5/W6 with 570 going into Northern also to act as a spare.
(07 Oct 2013, 9:32 pm)Daniel wrote MPDs on the W5/W6, remember. Deptford's 603-606 will be transferred for the W5/W6 with 570 going into Northern also to act as a spare.

Oops, forgot about! Its being a long day... haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just a small update, I have over past few days added further updates to my GNE Collection Page on my Flickr Account. I have added a Collection for "Unbranded Vehicles" and I have Deleted the "Northern" Set which had every Northern Branded Vehicle in it, Now it has it's own Individual Collection and inside and Individual Sets for each Northern Vehicle Type. You can View these Collections now on the Link Below along with all the Collections Available

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...349108380/
With the Venture services getting SOLO SR, do you think GNE could change the routes?

I mean such as merge most services and make them more simple... not sure as i really don't know the area - maybe then more links could be opened.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I know it has a flexible route, but never seen this before - Newcastle bound x21 was seen at 8.30 this morning coming through Picktree Village.
Not sure which way he went after that i.e through Washington or along Portobello
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(08 Oct 2013, 7:06 am)Michael wrote With the Venture services getting SOLO SR, do you think GNE could change the routes?

I mean such as merge most services and make them more simple... not sure as i really don't know the area - maybe then more links could be opened.

V1-V6 interwork during the day (1bus operates as follows), V1-V3-V2-V6-V1-V4-V2-V1-V5 then repeat the same cycle. Most of the consett area is served by one of the above or the other services so dont think there's any room to improve or make additional connections.
(08 Oct 2013, 7:42 am)Andreos1 wrote I know it has a flexible route, but never seen this before - Newcastle bound x21 was seen at 8.30 this morning coming through Picktree Village.
Not sure which way he went after that i.e through Washington or along Portobello

As you say its a flexible route but under normal circumstances drivers are advised to operate via birtley,could be birtley is busy today so control have given the call to operate via picktree. 2 options from picktree village are through portobello and onto A1 after arnold clarke or onto washington highway and wrekenton via X25 route or heworth and past gateshead depot
(08 Oct 2013, 7:53 am)nk55 wrote As you say its a flexible route but under normal circumstances drivers are advised to operate via birtley,could be birtley is busy today so control have given the call to operate via picktree. 2 options from picktree village are through portobello and onto A1 after arnold clarke or onto washington highway and wrekenton via X25 route or heworth and past gateshead depot

Birtley wasn't that bad.
The A1 was parked up at Vigo Bridge (not sure how far South the queues went) - so it may have been busy around Chester (Park Road North etc).

I was going in the opposite direction to the bus hence not knowing which way it went on getting to the top of Vigo.
To be honest, there would probably be more options it going via Picktree than if it went through Birtley.
Go North East - Latest
(08 Oct 2013, 10:53 am)Liam wrote Connections 4 branding photo on my Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamrichard...153445933/

Everything that could have went wrong has went wrong today.

This isn't me having a go (probably being thick and missing the point instead) - but why are there 5 'points' on the side of the bus?
It thought the play in the name was with the 4 connection 'points'?
(08 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm)Andreos1 wrote This isn't me having a go (probably being thick and missing the point instead) - but why are there 5 'points' on the side of the bus?
It thought the play in the name was with the 4 connection 'points'?

I believe the play is on connections 4.... as in connections 4 Heworth; connections 4 Washington etc as opposed to it connecting 4 places, if that makes sense?
Cheers Liam/Chris.

I get the bit about Connections 4 Heworth, Concord, Galleries & Houghton.
Like Liam, I thought the Shiney bit is a strange one, especially as most people use the X1 between Shiney and Houghton or Shiney and the Galleries.

Suppose it striking a balance between the service number, advertising where it serves and playing on the name - such as the ten being every 10mins and the 'ten reasons to use the 10'.
If on the side it had: Connections 4 - and listed 4 key destinations, then fair enough.
However having 5 destinations seems strange to me.

I am wondering if those destinations on the side, give them scope to change the route too...
Whereas on the current M1 vehicles, the vinyls stipulate that it serves x, y, z and every town/village inbetween.

As I say, not having a go - just curious and possibly thick.
(08 Oct 2013, 12:41 pm)Chris wrote Shiney is a hotbed. It's the new Fencehouses!

Haha, dunno about that like.
I have been good with the use of the 'F' word. Haven't been as liberal with it as normal.
Saying that, it has just been brought up in the QCS thread - again! Wink
The Metrolink Solars also had "Shiney Row" on side as one of the Destinations as as can be seen on the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...3036192961

And yes it does serve Shiney Row opposite the Co-Op as I have just looked on Google Maps, if you look at the Print Screen and follow the Red Line, Plus I would say this same scenario with the 2C also, although it is not displayed on the side of the Vehicle

[attachment=4694]
(08 Oct 2013, 12:35 pm)Andreos1 wrote Cheers Liam/Chris.

I get the bit about Connections 4 Heworth, Concord, Galleries & Houghton.
Like Liam, I thought the Shiney bit is a strange one, especially as most people use the X1 between Shiney and Houghton or Shiney and the Galleries.

Suppose it striking a balance between the service number, advertising where it serves and playing on the name - such as the ten being every 10mins and the 'ten reasons to use the 10'.
If on the side it had: Connections 4 - and listed 4 key destinations, then fair enough.
However having 5 destinations seems strange to me.

I am wondering if those destinations on the side, give them scope to change the route too...
Whereas on the current M1 vehicles, the vinyls stipulate that it serves x, y, z and every town/village inbetween.

As I say, not having a go - just curious and possibly thick.

Agree with you on the 4 key destinations, surely one of the main points of the brand is the service number and advertising the connections available using the 4. Therefore advertising 5 destinations seems a little silly.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

[quote='Andreos1' pid='15670' dateline='1381235750']
Cheers Liam/Chris.

Could always bring back the old 294 as a 4A Every 20 Minutes, with current 4/M1 to Houghton Every 20 Minutes
(08 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote The Metrolink Solars also had "Shiney Row" on side as one of the Destinations as as can be seen on the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...3036192961

And yes it does serve Shiney Row opposite the Co-Op as I have just looked on Google Maps, if you look at the Print Screen and follow the Red Line, Plus I would say this same scenario with the 2C also, although it is not displayed on the side of the Vehicle

Yeah, we know it serves Shiney Row.
What we are saying is that in the promotional material on the GNE fb page and the actual service number - reflects 4 connection/interchange points - Heworth, Concord, Galleries and Houghton.

For whatever reason though - the side of the bus advertises 5 connections/interchange points (the initial 4 plus Shiney Row).
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Completely echo what andreos1 has said about the questionable inclusion of Shiney Row and FenceHouses has been removed (it was on the M1 destinations). Overall I think the branding is nice, I like the main connections4 logo, don't really like the destination vinyls though, the way it Heworth is on two lines and then concord is just one line it looks a bit unorganised and the layout of Houghton-Le-Spring doesn't look good either.
What does the blue strip under the blind say? Something about unlimited travel I think, is there a connections4 DayTicket?
(08 Oct 2013, 3:55 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Completely echo what andreos1 has said about the questionable inclusion of Shiney Row and FenceHouses has been removed (it was on the M1 destinations). Overall I think the branding is nice, I like the main connections4 logo, don't really like the destination vinyls though, the way it Heworth is on two lines and then concord is just one line it looks a bit unorganised and the layout of Houghton-Le-Spring doesn't look good either.
What does the blue strip under the blind say? Something about unlimited travel I think, is there a connections4 DayTicket?

From what I can make out: '1 day unlimited travel from £4.65 with.....(can't make the end of the sentence out)'.
(08 Oct 2013, 3:42 pm)Andreos1 wrote Yeah, we know it serves Shiney Row.
What we are saying is that in the promotional material on the GNE fb page and the actual service number - reflects 4 connection/interchange points - Heworth, Concord, Galleries and Houghton.

For whatever reason though - the side of the bus advertises 5 connections/interchange points (the initial 4 plus Shiney Row).

If you look at the Post now

Quote - David Wear Buses Atkinson '4' connections but Heworth, Concord, Galleries, Shiney Row and Houghton make 5 don't they? Connections 5?
3 hours ago · Like

Quote - Go North East I think you've missed the play on 'for' David
3 hours ago · Like · 1

So in turn everyone had missed the Point as it's Connections 4 - Heworth - Concord - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row and Houghton, and not 4 Connections which would then indicate the 4 main connection/interchange points.

I do think GNE may of done that on purpose to catch people out judging by the two comments above, otherwise the Brand Name in my opinion is pretty straight forward to understand.
Site Administrator
Partial Closure of Concord Bus Station over the next two days

We have just received confirmation that Nexus have agreed to the emergency closure of Concord Bus Station due to a number of paving slabs cracking and causing a tripping hazard.

The bus station will be partially closed tomorrow and Thursday whilst they replace the offending slabs.

During these closures, buses will use one pair of stands only for both directions, the island tomorrow and the outer stands on Thursday.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...7803365710
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(08 Oct 2013, 4:04 pm)Liam wrote 1 day unlimited travel from £4.65 with [Image: wifi_icon_bw.gif] free wifi

Oh so there is going to be a connection4 DayTicket for £4.65? Or are they referring to Buzzfare as if they are it's misleading at you cannot go Heworth-Houghton for £4.65!
(08 Oct 2013, 4:23 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Oh so there is going to be a connection4 DayTicket for £4.65? Or are they referring to Buzzfare as if they are it's misleading at you cannot go Heworth-Houghton for £4.65!

It says a similar thing on some of the 27's - you can't go to Shields from Gateshead and Newcastle for £4.65 either!