You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016
(03 Apr 2016, 9:08 am)Prestige wrote Are the optare solos still at ashington

Though I didn't see any of them when I was there yesterday, There meant to be at Ashington till Mid April unless things have changed.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(03 Apr 2016, 9:51 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Though I didn't see any of them when I was there yesterday, There meant to be at Ashington till Mid April unless things have changed.

I'm not sure they've got more than one? The only one I've seen in the last two weeks has been 2809 repeatedly used on the 57/57a.
(03 Apr 2016, 9:52 am)tyresmoke wrote I'm not sure they've got more than one? The only one I've seen in the last two weeks has been 2809 repeatedly used on the 57/57a.

It was mentioned a while back about 2 Solo's coming in exchange for 2 MPDs from Ashington. Unless things changed.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(03 Apr 2016, 9:56 am)South Tyne Lad wrote It was mentioned a while back about 2 Solo's coming in exchange for 2 MPDs from Ashington. Unless things changed.

Yes I think that was the plan on paper, but unless anyone knows otherwise I'm thinking only 2809 went to Ashington, although I am not sure which Dart they sent to Durham?
(03 Apr 2016, 9:59 am)tyresmoke wrote Yes I think that was the plan on paper, but unless anyone knows otherwise I'm thinking only 2809 went to Ashington, although I am not sure which Dart they sent to Durham?

1792 went to Belmont seen here https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...ed-public/ It broke down and was replaced by a Sapphire 6 Pulsar.
(02 Apr 2016, 4:01 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Does any one know how much a Blyth day ticket is?
And if 1771 is still in use?
Thanks

I don't know how far you're intending to go but you cant get far on a Blyth day ticket....certainly not far if you want a random MPD?

Yes its still in use.

(03 Apr 2016, 10:03 am)South Tyne Lad wrote 1792 went to Belmont seen here https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...ed-public/ It broke down and was replaced by a Sapphire 6 Pulsar.

1761 also went to Belmont.
Is the 46 the best place to find the Lowlanders still? Was hoping to have a ride on one of them today as they don't have long left I don't think.
(05 Apr 2016, 10:20 am)Tom wrote Is the 46 the best place to find the Lowlanders still? Was hoping to have a ride on one of them today as they don't have long left I don't think.

Pretty much, Services 43/46 and 48 all throw up Lowlanders, Though there's atleast 1or 2 Pulsars on too.
(05 Apr 2016, 10:20 am)Tom wrote Is the 46 the best place to find the Lowlanders still? Was hoping to have a ride on one of them today as they don't have long left I don't think.
Yep, 43 and 46/48 are your best bets. X24 often has a 57 reg example on a Saturday (or 7609 if it isn't required on the X12).
(05 Apr 2016, 10:22 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Pretty much, Services 43/46 and 48 all throw up Lowlanders, Though there's atleast 1or 2 Pulsars on too.

(05 Apr 2016, 10:29 am)Jimmi wrote Yep, 43 and 46/48 are your best bets. X24 often has a 57 reg example on a Saturday (or 7609 if it isn't required on the X12).

Great cheers Smile
(05 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm)Dan wrote Hope they have a plan in place to remove the section of the swoop which covers the side destination!

and also continue it up the full side of the vehicle rather than stopping just short of the top!
(05 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm)Dan wrote Hope they have a plan in place to remove the section of the swoop which covers the side destination!

Does that break DDA regulations then?
Site Administrator
(05 Apr 2016, 7:52 pm)S813 FVK wrote and also continue it up the full side of the vehicle rather than stopping just short of the top!

Could always cut out the bit covering the destination and stick it up at the top instead?
Site Administrator
(05 Apr 2016, 7:56 pm)Adrian wrote I wonder why they've opted for an Arriva logo on the front, whereas previous examples have always had a Frequenta logo instead? e.g. Solo and EcoCity.

No route details either - just 64 into Durham City Centre. Pity.
(05 Apr 2016, 7:54 pm)Dan wrote Could always cut out the bit covering the destination and stick it up at the top instead?

Never thought of that one haha!

Certainly could have put a bit more effort into the appearance of the branding once applied - covering up any gaps because the branding may not reach to where they want it to be.
(05 Apr 2016, 7:56 pm)Adrian wrote I wonder why they've opted for an Arriva logo on the front, whereas previous examples have always had a Frequenta logo instead? e.g. Solo and EcoCity.

The Arriva logo on the front is the one that was applied when they first entered service. It seems someone needs to look into getting them removed otherwise Durham's will look out of place........
Site Administrator
(05 Apr 2016, 8:08 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The Arriva logo on the front is the one that was applied when they first entered service. It seems someone needs to look into getting them removed otherwise Durham's will look out of place........

Out of place? They'd only really look out of place, if there was a planned photoshoot with several Frequentas from different depots parked up together. The EcoCitys at Darlington carry a different base livery altogether, so I doubt the Arriva logo being used instead of Frequenta will be considered to be the end of the world.

Inconsistencies within the same brands is nothing new. This is just the latest in a long line. Another recent one of course being the addition of USB power sockets to the backs of seats on MAX refurbs. You've practically got Sapphire spec on those buses...
I believe this now makes Jesmond the only depot with brands that aren't used in other depots (not Frequenta, MAX, SAPPHIRE and Eco Green) with it having NEXUS and NHS buses( this does not mean Jesmond has no Eco green buses)
(05 Apr 2016, 9:31 pm)NK53 TKT wrote I believe this now makes Jesmond the only depot with brands that aren't used in other depots (not Frequenta, MAX, SAPPHIRE and Eco Green) with it having NEXUS and NHS buses( this does not mean Jesmond has no Eco green buses)

What about the 306 coastliner
Best bus ever
(05 Apr 2016, 9:31 pm)NK53 TKT wrote I believe this now makes Jesmond the only depot with brands that aren't used in other depots (not Frequenta, MAX, SAPPHIRE and Eco Green) with it having NEXUS and NHS buses( this does not mean Jesmond has no Eco green buses)

BIB: Err?