You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - April 2016

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - April 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - April 2016
(18 Apr 2016, 7:14 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I think it's fair to recognise that, for some of our members, spelling isn't their strong point. This hobby attracts many people who are not neurotypical and some of those people may also have specific learning difficulties, such as dyslexia. Spell check can only go so far to help with that. I have no idea of biglugs' specific difficulties and nor do I wish to embarrass him by prying. It's the adult thing to do to give a young lad who is obviously struggling with communication a fair hearing without resorting to digs. Fair enough to ask for clarification if needed, but in this instance, it was clear from the context that the wrong spelling of to/too had been selected.

For perspective, almost 10 year old is currently practicing some writing with Husband. He cannot write independently and needs help with pencil control. I will be over the moon if he can express himself as well as anyone on here, in 3 years time but, as his mum, I'd want to put my hands through the screen and throttle anyone who made fun of him for not being as eloquent as some.

And now back to unexpected vehicle allocations...

I don't think its clear what he meant at all. Its fair enough making excuses for bad spelling as its symptomatic of the general dumbing down of society but where it makes a material difference to the meaning of the message I don't think its unreasonable to point it out.
Has 1790 transferred to Belmont as I am sure that I have seen it on the 62 today.
(19 Apr 2016, 1:52 pm)Cock Robin wrote I don't think its clear what he meant at all. Its fair enough making excuses for bad spelling as its symptomatic of the general dumbing down of society but where it makes a material difference to the meaning of the message I don't think its unreasonable to point it out.

And it's not unreasonable to point out that an obvious disability is not a symptom of any sort of "dumbing down". I like to think that, as a society, we have become a little more understanding of those who do not or can not fit in with the "norm" (whatever that happens to be) in the 21st century.
(19 Apr 2016, 5:18 pm)OW1762 wrote Has 1790 transferred to Belmont as I am sure that I have seen it on the 62 today.

Yep, a couple of MPDs have come to Durham for a bit.

Picking up on 1598 on the 24, the 22 and 24 have been interworking since the work on the Leazes bowl roundabout started. We've had assorted Pulsars and E400s on the 22 today. There's been a few workings outside of the interworking pattern - last week, from memory, on various days, there was a lowlander on the 24, corporate liveried pulsars on the 22 and 24, a Sapphire 6 E400 on the 22 and a dinky little solo on the run before the busy school run of the 22. All in all a good one if you like to collect photos of odd working!
(19 Apr 2016, 6:55 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Yep, a couple of MPDs have come to Durham for a bit.

Picking up on 1598 on the 24, the 22 and 24 have been interworking since the work on the Leazes bowl roundabout started. We've had assorted Pulsars and E400s on the 22 today. There's been a few workings outside of the interworking pattern - last week, from memory, on various days, there was a lowlander on the 24, corporate liveried pulsars on the 22 and 24, a Sapphire 6 E400 on the 22 and a dinky little solo on the run before the busy school run of the 22. All in all a good one if you like to collect photos of odd working!

Thanks, so do you know how long the MPDs are here for, as I quite like them.
(19 Apr 2016, 7:15 pm)OW1762 wrote Thanks, so do you know how long the MPDs are here for, as I quite like them.

I can't remember if there was a definite date set on it. A swap was done with some solos, for some reason no one could fathom.
(19 Apr 2016, 7:24 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I can't remember if there was a definite date set on it. A swap was done with some solos, for some reason no one could fathom.

I'm not a big fan of solos so I'll have to make the most of the MPDs whilst they are here, thanks for the information.
(19 Apr 2016, 6:55 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Yep, a couple of MPDs have come to Durham for a bit.

How many Dennis MPDs are there at Durham?Blush Exclamation
Sinky loves a good ol' Scania CN94UB/Scania OmniCity.Blush Heart
(20 Apr 2016, 8:00 am)LeeSinclair wrote How many Dennis MPDs are there at Durham?Blush Exclamation

As far as I am aware there is:
So 5 in total

1761 on 62