You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: Weardale
(27 Mar 2016, 12:52 pm)BUSFAN wrote Just seen a picture of the 16 plate Irizar but i am positive the other night i saw a 65 plate Weardale Coach going back to the Depot at Crook so i wonder if they have been getting two Irizars as one had been stored at Johnsons since last year.

65 reg one:
https://flic.kr/p/GwfByc
(23 Apr 2016, 8:37 pm)Dan wrote 65 reg one:
https://flic.kr/p/GwfByc

I would say at least five Coaches have been added to the fleet four brand new ones and two preowned as well as a 16 reg Sprinter and maybe a 33 seat Merc i wonder what has left the fleet as i know YJ61 FGV is for sale with Irizar.
Site Administrator
(24 Apr 2016, 7:25 am)BUSFAN wrote I would say at least five Coaches have been added to the fleet four brand new ones and two preowned as well as a 16 reg Sprinter and maybe a 33 seat Merc i wonder what has left the fleet as i know YJ61 FGV is for sale with Irizar.

Here's another one... No idea what make/model it is, like?

[Image: 26543845381_0224a49f6c.jpg]Weardale OO16WMS by jonathon, on Flickr
(24 Apr 2016, 6:04 pm)Malarkey wrote Hopefully Weardale will bring this and the Irizar to the MetroCentre next Sunday.

Just passed a Plaxton Panther they have been buying recently  not sure who had before Weardale as it already has a GIB ...6 reg on it.
(25 Apr 2016, 8:34 am)jaimzm wrote what solos dose weardale have now cause i know few of them have gone

Not sure if any have gone i know one was advertised for sale recently but thought it was still with them.
(25 Apr 2016, 12:33 pm)BUSFAN wrote Not sure if any have gone i know one was advertised for sale recently but thought it was still with them.

i know SB58 has gone but is D6wms still with them cause i havent not seen it for while now but i have bee  told it has been off road with broken gearbox lol
JMoss
(25 Apr 2016, 12:48 pm)jaimzm wrote i know SB58 has gone but is D6wms still with them cause i havent not seen it for while now but i have bee  told it has been off road with broken gearbox lol

I am going back a few years now but Weardale sold a Solo to Kirby lonsdale Coach Hire that was a 2004 model and they also had a 2008 model this also left the fleet not sure where it went.
(25 Apr 2016, 3:48 pm)BUSFAN wrote I am going back a few years now but Weardale sold a Solo to Kirby lonsdale Coach Hire that was a 2004 model and they also had a 2008 model this also left the fleet not sure where it went.

The Solo sold to Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire was YK04KWG (was new to Burton's Coaches of Haverhill).
Assuming the 2008 Solo you are referring to was SB58BUS? Was for sale the last I heard, think it still is?
V6WMS is still there as I photographed it on the 764 the other week: https://flic.kr/p/FBhZqC
Think I had D6WMS on the 7 a few weeks back, was deffo a 23 Urban90's seated Slimlime Solo.
Newest photos I could find of Y6WMS on Flickr was back in December, so not sure if this one is still there?
GO03WMS, GO05WMS, GO59WMS, M6WMS and D16WMS are all still at Weardale I believe.

Is the Enviro 200 still there as I haven't seen it for a while? Last few times I've seen the 84 GO59WMS has been on.
(25 Apr 2016, 4:38 pm)Jimmi wrote The Solo sold to Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire was YK04KWG (was new to Burton's Coaches of Haverhill).
Assuming the 2008 Solo you are referring to was SB58BUS? Was for sale the last I heard, think it still is?
V6WMS is still there as I photographed it on the 764 the other week: https://flic.kr/p/FBhZqC
Think I had D6WMS on the 7 a few weeks back, was deffo a 23 Urban90's seated Slimlime Solo.
Newest photos I could find of Y6WMS on Flickr was back in December, so not sure if this one is still there?
GO03WMS, GO05WMS, GO59WMS, M6WMS and D16WMS are all still at Weardale I believe.

Is the Enviro 200 still there as I haven't seen it for a while? Last few times I've seen the 84 GO59WMS has been on.

No the 2008 Solo was never painted in Weardale livery and was plain white this would be around 2010/11 time.
Y6 is still their i know that saw it other day i have been told D6 had gearbox problems so been getting fixed so far what i can work out they got Y6 D6 V6 X317 GO03/05/59 and E200 is still their
JMoss
Weardale have former J&C COACHES Newton Aycliffe Merc Mini Coach YN08 DNO i wonder if its been took in part ex against Weardale Coach that J&C MAY have purchased from Weardale.
(27 Mar 2016, 12:52 pm)BUSFAN wrote Just seen a picture of the 16 plate Irizar but i am positive the other night i saw a 65 plate Weardale Coach going back to the Depot at Crook so i wonder if they have been getting two Irizars as one had been stored at Johnsons since last year.

Here's a photo of Irizar GO16WMS.
https://flic.kr/p/Gvzyem
Does anyone know if Tri Axle Vanhool YJ14 CCX is still with Weardale as not seen it for quite some time or was it just on hire for last years summer season.
Today I was on the 10A from the Metrocentre to Newcastle and a Weardale Meridian and Peter Hogg solo was parked up (next to Railway Street) I am assuming these buses were parked up in between being used on the 131 and X21, is this normal just I have never seen this before
(09 May 2016, 8:06 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Is y555elf a regular allocation on service 52?
No.

D16WMS (formally Y555ELF) doesn't tend to appear in service much, about the most it does is the 115 on weekdays usually if M6WMS (formally X317CBT) or occasional appearances on Crook Town Service 84.

It recently made an odd appearance on the 7 between Shildon and Spennymoor.
(09 May 2016, 10:45 am)Jimmi wrote No.

D16WMS (formally Y555ELF) doesn't tend to appear in service much, about the most it does is the 115 on weekdays usually if M6WMS (formally X317CBT) or occasional appearances on Crook Town Service 84.

It recently made an odd appearance on the 7 between Shildon and Spennymoor.
When I lived in crook it spent 95% of its time doing 84
JMoss
(09 May 2016, 11:02 am)Jimmi wrote The Enviro 200 seemed to become the regular on the 84 although most times I've seen the 84 recently it's either been GO59WMS or D16WMS.

I've not lived their 2 years now haha when I lived their was always D16/Y555ELF and it broke down most of the time
JMoss
(09 May 2016, 2:46 pm)jaimzm wrote I've not lived their 2 years now haha when I lived their was always D16/Y555ELF and it broke down most of the time

In the winter once a few years ago they had a Decker on the 84 service and the original M6 WMS was used quite a bit too that was the 1995 Mercedes.
(09 May 2016, 4:44 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote D16WMS just gone chugging past on 17.30 Cowshill to Crook - it's quite rare up the top of Weardale, it's usually GO03WMS or Y6WMS if it's a Solo up the Dale instead of the Silver Sprinter.

How many times does the service run to Rookhope these days and is the Stanhope town service still going i may be wrong but did it not go around Ashcroft.
No Stanhope town service since Co. Durham cuts in April 2011. Yes it did go around Ashcroft and up Crawleyside. The 102 still goes to Rookhope: from Stanhope 0750 Sch, 1115, 1300 and 1545 Sch, returning from Rookhope fifteen minutes later. On Saturdays there's also a 1700 from Stanhope so the people from Rookhope can have an afternoon in Bishop Auckland!
One of the second hand coaches added to the fleet is Van Hool TX15 YJ14CFM - formerly in the Fishwicks fleet. It wears Insight Vacations livery for the summer 2016 season.

[Image: 26886628035_9a435ede70.jpg]
Weardale Motor Services - YJ14 CFM by Adam Nicholson, on Flickr

Neoplan Tourliner MA12ADV has had its Insight Vacations livery removed suggesting it could be leaving, while VDL Bova SN12DNJ has joined the Weardale tour fleet now painted in the latest livery (ex Insight Vacations).

[Image: 25995914643_91452a86e0.jpg]
SN12 DNJ by markyboy2105112, on Flickr

VDL SB4000 Berkhof YJ61FGV has left, now with Irizar UK as part-ex for one of the i6's - not sure what they used for the other one?