Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Helen Bus Blinds | North East Buses

Skip to main content

RE: Bus Displays Examples
(28 Sep 2015, 5:05 pm)digital_devilz wrote Post your Bus Displays Examples in the reply box or make your own.

using helen
RE: Helen Bus Blinds
(19 May 2016, 11:03 pm)Jamie M wrote I don't know how long or why this was on my PC, but messed around with it a bit.

If you want to get roughly the correct sized destinations - Sign 0 (front) should be either 144x17 or 144x19, 1 (side) is 96x8, 2 (rear) is 32x17. 

Non-colour destinations should be "External LED", and front "justification" should be set to right, side destination left. 

These are different throughout operators, so I'm open to correction.  Smile

Good job Jamie Smile
Jamie M
Unregistered
(20 May 2016, 7:42 am)GX03 SVC wrote If you want to get roughly the correct sized destinations - Sign 0 (front) should be either 144x17 or 144x19, 1 (side) is 96x8, 2 (rear) is 32x17. 

Non-colour destinations should be "External LED", and front "justification" should be set to right, side destination left. 

These are different throughout operators, so I'm open to correction.  Smile

Good job Jamie Smile

Thanks! May I ask, is there any list of the possible sizes used within the GNE fleet?
(20 May 2016, 9:25 am)Jamie M wrote Thanks! May I ask, is there any list of the possible sizes used within the GNE fleet?

Normally fronts are either 144x19 or 160x19, side is 96x8 and rear is 128x17.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(20 May 2016, 1:39 pm)citaro5284 wrote Normally fronts are either 144x19 or 160x19, side is 96x8 and rear is 128x17.

Thanks.
Site Administrator
(20 May 2016, 9:25 am)Jamie M wrote Thanks! May I ask, is there any list of the possible sizes used within the GNE fleet?

Front LED - 144x19
Front LED - 144x19 Colour RN
Front LED - 160x19
Front LED - 160x19 Colour RN
Front LED - 160x17
Side LED - 96x8
Side LED - 96x15
Side LED - 128x17
Rear LED - 32x17
Rear LED - 160x24
Rear LED - 128x17
Rear LED - 96x15
Rear LED - 96x17

Front Flipdot - 96x16
Side Flipdot - 84x7
Rear Flipdot - 84x7
Rear Flipdot - 84x14
Rear Flipdot - 20x14

...think I've covered all of them.
(19 May 2016, 11:03 pm)Jamie M wrote I don't know how long or why this was on my PC, but messed around with it a bit.
[Image: f255ffd432.jpg]
What ver of Helen is that?
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩The Legend ۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
(21 May 2016, 5:47 pm)Jamie M wrote I'll have a look on my pc later.

Thanks
(07 Sep 2016, 9:11 pm)Josh wrote It's smaller than that because indigo buses use them size as rears

They are. Its just the compressed version as they couldn't use the full width ones due to the design of the bus being unable to accomodate them. The same applies to the Venture SRs.
(07 Sep 2016, 9:11 pm)Josh wrote It's smaller than that because indigo buses use them size as rears

No its not, they have exactly the same amount of LED's (160x24 = 3840) , just on the 58 vehicles the LED's are of a close pitch design. Rolleyes
Helen Bus Blinds
Any idea of the size of the led NSA board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Site Administrator
(29 Dec 2016, 8:51 pm)Josh wrote Any idea of the size of the led NSA board?

144x19 - just condensed so that more LEDs are packed into a smaller space.
Helen Bus Blinds
So it's like how the indigo solos have 160x24 and like versas have the same amount of leds but it's condensed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helen Bus Blinds
Dan I've got a question for you. Is it possible for the led NSAs on to show "bus stopping" when someone presses the bell?

Site Administrator
(15 Feb 2017, 7:26 pm)Josh wrote Dan I've got a question for you. Is it possible for the led NSAs on to show "bus stopping" when someone presses the bell?

The software is capable of doing it - but there needs to be an electrical feed from the bells linked into the Next Stop Announcements.

I believe Brighton & Hove do this on their "Coaster" branded double-deck buses. If my memory serves me correctly, they show "Next Stop xxxxx", and when the bell is pressed, it changes to "Bus stopping at xxxxxxxxx".
Helen Bus Blinds
Isn't that what the bus stopping signs did when b&h had the omnidekkas?

(15 Feb 2017, 7:42 pm)Josh wrote Isn't that what the bus stopping signs did when b&h had the omnidekkas?

Most likely, As the Omnidekka's still flip to " Bus Stopping " on the NSA's once the bell has been pressed.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Site Administrator
(15 Feb 2017, 7:42 pm)Josh wrote Isn't that what the bus stopping signs did when b&h had the omnidekkas?

Similar, but not quite. I've searched YouTube and can't find a video on the inside of one of the Coaster buses in service.

The displays in the OmniDekkas are linked to a Hanover product but it's a bespoke thing built for Brighton & Hove (and can't be used by Go North East for example).