You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016
Just wondering if anyone is able to help me out here:

My friend needs to get to Bedlington from Cramlington (and back) tomorrow, does anyone know how much a return would be on the 43?

Thanks Smile
(01 Jun 2016, 10:30 pm)mb134 wrote Just wondering if anyone is able to help me out here:

My friend needs to get to Bedlington from Cramlington (and back) tomorrow, does anyone know how much a return would be on the 43?

Thanks Smile

Not sure on the 43 but the 19 is £4.70 for a return. A Blyth/Ashington triple ticket is £5.90 so I'd guess that would be the price.
(01 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm)Tom wrote Not sure on the 43 but the 19 is £4.70 for a return. A Blyth/Ashington triple ticket is £5.90 so I'd guess that would be the price.

Ta Smile Imagine they'll go for the 43 even if it is more expensive, not sure they like the idea of getting a GNE bus. (Probably because they've always used Arriva)
(01 Jun 2016, 10:49 pm)mb134 wrote Ta Smile Imagine they'll go for the 43 even if it is more expensive, not sure they like the idea of getting a GNE bus. (Probably because they've always used Arriva)

No bother Smile

The fares aren't cheap on the 43/57 at all like compared to the 19.
(01 Jun 2016, 10:52 pm)Tom wrote No bother Smile

The fares aren't cheap on the 43/57 at all like compared to the 19.
Far cheaper if you have a Teencard though Wink 

Not sure if anyone has ever experienced paying full fare on the 57 like, the times I've used it, it's been full of kids and OAPs..
not sure if this the right place to put this but 2 ex arriva north east buses solo 2503 and mpd 1799 is moving to arriva yorkshire to Belle Isle depot for service 75/75A/76
JMoss
(03 Jun 2016, 11:00 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Anyone know where 7423 is today?

Bit late now, but big'un says it's been on the 6.
Enquiry: How much for a day ticket for a adult and a child to use Arriva buses in Peterlee and also in Durham city area.

(04 Jun 2016, 7:00 am)cbma06 wrote Enquiry:   How much for a day ticket for a adult and a child to use Arriva buses in Peterlee and also in Durham city area.

Durham County Zone day ticket is £7 so that will cover you for any journey starting/finishing in County Durham , and you'll probably need a All zone day saver for a child as I can't see a durham county zone ticket for kids - all zone ticket is £5.
(04 Jun 2016, 9:44 am)Tom wrote Durham County Zone day ticket is £7 so that will cover you for any journey starting/finishing in County Durham , and you'll probably need a All zone day saver for a child as I can't see a durham county zone ticket for kids - all zone ticket is £5.

Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Hexham bridge closure, does anyone know if any Arriva 685 timings are to be changed please? Just with the west end junction with the A69, nothing can turn right - all traffic going into the west end has to go to the roundabout and head back up the westbound carriageway. I cannot see anything on Arriva's website about this...
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(04 Jun 2016, 11:20 am)cbma06 wrote Cheers Tom

Tom is correct about the child day ticket, but if oyu have more than one adult or child in your group, you can get a family ticket for £13.50, which is all zones, to boot.

Also, so long as you get on/off in Co Durham, the £7 Co Durham tickets are valid on the X21 (I think), 22, 23 & 24 to Sunderland and Hartlepool. I usually just fork out the extra 80p for all zones if I'm not too sure if a journey I'm making fits the rule.
(05 Jun 2016, 12:45 pm)Cobalt271 wrote I've just been informed 7515 suffered an engine fire whilst on the X15 at Shilbottle this morning.

Do you know how serious it was? Seemed quite a good one last time I got it.
(05 Jun 2016, 5:06 pm)Cobalt271 wrote You can judge for yourself.

I think it was just having a breather and a tab.
Doesn't seem too bad, reminds me of when I was on 7507 on my way to Newcastle a few years ago (before it got the Sapphire treatment). We were nearly at Seaton Burn when the smell of smoke reached upstairs. It had more smoke coming from it than 7515 looks like it had, so hopefully it won't be off the road too long!
7487 is currently working for Durham, and on the 43 today. In its place at Redcar is 7426.
1518 was driven away from Durham bus station with a cracked windscreen, earlier.

Hadn't noticed that that one still had the original 24 map on the back rather than the newer 22/24 one.
The 4814 service 21 going passed peterlee, passfield way at 14:40 is showing X21 to Sunderland instead of showing service 21 to peterlee

(06 Jun 2016, 1:53 pm)cbma06 wrote The 4814 service 21 going passed peterlee, passfield way at 14:40 is showing X21 to Sunderland instead of showing service 21 to peterlee

Probably changed destination too early.
(06 Jun 2016, 2:05 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Probably changed destination too early.

It's illegal as the destination should be changed where the service starts from, can't have the X21 displayed and stopping at service 21 bus stops. Also it will confuse the passengers waiting for service 21 and letting the X21 go passed instead

Arriva's "bus 4 life" health bus (Scania L113 - R423TJW) was in Darlington Market Place this morning.
(06 Jun 2016, 2:16 pm)cbma06 wrote It's illegal as the destination should be changed where the service starts from, can't have the X21 displayed and stopping at service 21 bus stops. Also it will confuse the passengers waiting for service 21 and letting the X21 go passed instead

It's confusing enough at PBS where often the 21 and X21 are listed. Made worse by the buses both ways usually being in at the same time.  Often both saying X21, even though the darlo bound bus should change over at that point.
(06 Jun 2016, 2:59 pm)John_R wrote Arriva's "bus 4 life" health bus (Scania L113 - R423TJW) was in Darlington Market Place this morning.

So it's theirs, is it? I often see it in Durham, though never look in, as I have no truck with any campaign that suggests giving pre-schoolers junk like low fat spreads. Some of the sponsors of the whole "Change 4 life" thing are interesting.