Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016

(31 Aug 2016, 10:51 pm)Jamie M wrote Which brings me to my next question of why didn't they order another streetdeck or send a B9 over from somewhere to be used?
They did actually buy a spare StreetDeck for the X21 but ending up increasing the PVR by 1, meaning there now isn't a spare, which results in regular appearances of old tat appearing on the service, sure enough a President was on today.
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016
(31 Aug 2016, 11:08 pm)Jimmi wrote They did actually buy a spare StreetDeck for the X21 but ending up increasing the PVR by 1, meaning there now isn't a spare, which results in regular appearances of old tat appearing on the service, sure enough a President was on today.

Didn't they do that for the 21 too? Which sees regular tat...but enough about the Hybrids  Big Grin

They should think about having a business planning department of some kind  Angel
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Site Administrator
(31 Aug 2016, 10:15 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote 4934 got WiFi what's stopping 03,04 plate omnidekkas getting them.
I hope 6135 gets WiFi as it'll be spare for x21s

The situation with 4934 was different - Chester-le-Street needed a spare Scania L94 with Wi-Fi to meet the contractual requirements of the DU2 service.
Site Administrator
(31 Aug 2016, 11:08 pm)Jimmi wrote They did actually buy a spare StreetDeck for the X21 but ending up increasing the PVR by 1, meaning there now isn't a spare, which results in regular appearances of old tat appearing on the service, sure enough a President was on today.

Actually, the PVR was always 7 (even prior to the new vehicles being ordered). Previously it was done to accommodate an extra journey on the X21, and if my memory serves, it was related to Bishop Auckland College. I'm sure pdiddy will be able to recall.

The PVR was always intended to go to 7 during the day too with extra layover planned as well as extra running time. A spare vehicle wasn't ordered at any point. A multi-million pound company can't make decisions just like that at the drop of a hat!

The StreetDecks are some of the most reliable buses in the fleet and as I'm sure pdiddy will agree, there's only been a handful of times since they were launched where one has been VOR for a mechanical reason meaning another bus had to deputise all day. The majority of the time, they're pulled off for a journey or two so people like me can carry out repairs! This is always done off-peak, and usually between Chester-le-Street and Newcastle, in order to reduce the amount of time older vehicles spend on daytime service X21 runs. It'll happen again today, as I need to see 6301 this morning!
(01 Sep 2016, 5:55 am)Dan wrote Actually, the PVR was always 7 (even prior to the new vehicles being ordered). Previously it was done to accommodate an extra journey on the X21, and if my memory serves, it was related to Bishop Auckland College. I'm sure pdiddy will be able to recall.

The PVR was always intended to go to 7 during the day too with extra layover planned as well as extra running time. A spare vehicle wasn't ordered at any point. A multi-million pound company can't make decisions just like that at the drop of a hat!

The StreetDecks are some of the most reliable buses in the fleet and as I'm sure pdiddy will agree, there's only been a handful of times since they were launched where one has been VOR for a mechanical reason meaning another bus had to deputise all day. The majority of the time, they're pulled off for a journey or two so people like me can carry out repairs! This is always done off-peak, and usually between Chester-le-Street and Newcastle, in order to reduce the amount of time older vehicles spend on daytime service X21 runs. It'll happen again today, as I need to see 6301 this morning!

Often seen a Solar on there in a morning. Usually sounding rough. Especially when 4928 was allocated
(01 Sep 2016, 5:55 am)Dan wrote Actually, the PVR was always 7 (even prior to the new vehicles being ordered). Previously it was done to accommodate an extra journey on the X21, and if my memory serves, it was related to Bishop Auckland College. I'm sure pdiddy will be able to recall.

A new Streetdeck costs £225,000, so a spare can't be justified for a PVR of 7, the new vehicles are generally very reliable. It is a different business decision as the PVR gets higher.
Jamie M
Unregistered
Oh, also in other news RK streetlite NK15EOC was conked out at Stanley Bus Station yesterday, soon after at the Depot with a Wright CustomerCare van sitting next to it. Didn't sound too good.
Jamie M
Unregistered
5296 has had it's rear window punched out.
(01 Sep 2016, 11:37 am)Jamie M wrote 5296 has had it's rear window punched out.

Saw it not too long ago at Heworth..
(01 Sep 2016, 5:03 pm)Jamie M wrote When do the September branded threads arrive?

September, believe it or not....

Once one of us are in and are on a computer, they'll be split off.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016
A hint Dan? Tongue

*681 with "Deptford Depot" on the front.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...otostream/

Edit:

Description:

Go North East's unallocated Optare Solo SR M925/Optare 681 (NK66 CWW), which carries a plain red base livery prior to the application of branding, is pictured here at Saltmeadows Road Depot, Gateshead, following delivery to Go North East. 01/09/16

Wonder what branding....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Sep 2016, 5:32 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote I can't believe they've extended the IndiGo brand to yet another area. It was bad enough they used it in North Tyneside; extending it to Washington is beyond comprehension!

What do you make of the branding over those windows towards the rear?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(01 Sep 2016, 5:32 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote I can't believe they've extended the IndiGo brand to yet another area. It was bad enough they used it in North Tyneside; extending it to Washington is beyond comprehension!

Why?

I don't think it's the best brand in the world cosmetically, but interested why you think it's beyond comprehension that they've introduced it elsewhere?
(01 Sep 2016, 5:32 pm)S813 FVK wrote On the topic, I wonder if 681 has been purposely split off from the rest of the red solos just to provide a little 'barrier' between the North Tyne and Washington batches?

Nah, it was just the way they were painted.
(01 Sep 2016, 5:37 pm)citaro5284 wrote Nah, it was just the way they were painted.

Me just overthinking it then - as usual! Tongue
(01 Sep 2016, 5:39 pm)S813 FVK wrote Me just overthinking it then - as usual! Tongue

That's my job  Wink Wink
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Sep 2016, 5:30 pm)Michael wrote A hint Dan? Tongue

*681 with "Deptford Depot" on the front.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...otostream/

Edit:

Description:

Go North East's unallocated Optare Solo SR M925/Optare 681 (NK66 CWW), which carries a plain red base livery prior to the application of branding, is pictured here at Saltmeadows Road Depot, Gateshead, following delivery to Go North East. 01/09/16

Wonder what branding....

Black Cats maybe?
(01 Sep 2016, 5:42 pm)Tom wrote Black Cats maybe?

Maybe, seems more "Red Arrow" coloured ones are arriving later in the month, hopefully will make up one brand, depending how many are arriving..

Would like to see the 33/38/39/237 and 238 in "Black Cats", due to all just staying in Sunderland.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Sep 2016, 5:48 pm)Michael wrote Maybe, seems more "Red Arrow" coloured ones are arriving later in the month, hopefully will make up one brand, depending how many are arriving..

Would like to see the 33/38/39/237 and 238 in "Black Cats", due to all just staying in Sunderland.

Yeah maybe the Solars on the 39 are branded in line with the Solos if they are going to Deptford with the 33, 38, 238 etc. using the Solos.
Jamie M
Unregistered
5217 running 23 minutes late on the X25, why didn't I just stick to the 21 😑
(01 Sep 2016, 7:23 am)busmanT wrote A new Streetdeck costs £225,000, so a spare can't be justified for a PVR of 7, the new vehicles are generally very reliable. It is a different business decision as the PVR gets higher.

To be honest, although an extra StreetDeck might have been beneficial for the X21, got to remember that at no evening or Sunday service currently exists as of yet meaning that the buses are only out for 13-14 hours maximum and only 6 days per week in most cases.
(01 Sep 2016, 6:35 pm)L469 YVK wrote To be honest, although an extra StreetDeck might have been beneficial for the X21, got to remember that at no evening or Sunday service currently exists as of yet meaning that the buses are only out for 13-14 hours maximum and only 6 days per week in most cases.

I'd take a guess in thinking if the 21 receives Streetdecks then Sunday X21s will move to Crook, As no fuel saving will be made as their both the same type of vehicle.
Hopefully the Durham to Newcastle section will get a hourly trial on a Sunday too if the above thing happens.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(01 Sep 2016, 7:04 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I'd take a guess in thinking if the 21 receives Streetdecks then Sunday X21s will move to Crook, As no fuel saving will be made as their both the same type of vehicle.
Hopefully the Durham to Newcastle section will get a hourly trial on a Sunday too if the above thing happens.

Not sure why Sunday X21s would move to Crook? The depot is not open at all on a Sunday, so if you were to open it, you'd have to increase the number of staff at the depot. You'd not be able to give everyone a rest day on a Sunday, as you'd have to rota for it, going forward.

The interworking still happens on an evening and Sunday too, so unless you're suggesting splitting the services, then there's an even bigger headcount increase required at Crook.

Sounds like a lot of upheaval to me, to try and fix something that isn't broken...
(01 Sep 2016, 7:04 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I'd take a guess in thinking if the 21 receives Streetdecks then Sunday X21s will move to Crook, As no fuel saving will be made as their both the same type of vehicle.

Unless the X21 was introduced to run beyond Durham on evenings and Sunday's, I would imagine Angel's would continue to do the 21/X21 as it's probably less confusing having Angel's on the X21 between Bishop Auckland and Durham than having Castles Express StreetDeck's on the 21 between Durham and Newcastle as people seeing Castle Express branded buses on the 21 may confuse people into thinking it's the limited stop X21 rather than the 21.

With any luck, if the 21 gets StreetDeck's they will hopefully be the same, or near as same specification as the examples on the X21.
Jamie M
Unregistered
6070 feels like a rocket compared to 6066. Not sure how this is only going to take 38 minutes to be honest!