You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

RE: Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions
I've recently put a photo on my Flickr of a coach, WU58 DYX, which was photographed at the MetroCentre a few weeks back. There was no legal lettering, and from what I can see, there is only one photo of it on Flickr, which is no help at all.

I'm guessing it may be MOD?

(https://flic.kr/p/JWbfpn)
I passed a Badgerline coach on the A19 last night.
Didn't get a proper look as it was heading in the opposite direction.

Looking online, there are two preserved coaches kicking about.

One for Seaburn?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Anyone know who owns JH06 WEH its a silver minibus what looked to be similar to Jim Hughes' 6963 MW. Couldn't see it properly as I was on a bus going in the opposite direction. Was in South Shields around 1 hour ago.
(03 Sep 2016, 6:03 pm)Brian13 wrote Anyone know who owns JH06 WEH its a silver minibus what looked to be similar to Jim Hughes' 6963 MW. Couldn't see it properly as I was on a bus going in the opposite direction. Was in South Shields around 1 hour ago.

Could well be Harkers, a lot of their vehicle have registrations with WEH in them. Its the owner's initials.

Charles
(04 Sep 2016, 11:18 am)Charles41 wrote Could well be Harkers, a lot of their vehicle have registrations with WEH in them. Its the owner's initials.

Charles

Just recently found their depot. So I'llhave a look the next time I'm on the E2
(09 Sep 2016, 8:46 pm)Brian13 wrote Nm55 mjv anyone knows who owns it

Looks like a cherished registration, the vehicle was registered August this year.

No idea about the owner though.

Charles
(10 Sep 2016, 8:42 am)Charles41 wrote Looks like a cherished registration, the vehicle was registered August this year.

No idea about the owner though.

Charles

Was at Harton Nook. It's a white mercedes 33 seater. Not sure on the type but similar to 6963 MW and.   JH06 WEH.
This has been doing school runs through our village, this week. A recent acquisition by Pygalls, or someone else? Cochrane's maybe? Bell's is another possibility
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjf-souths...otostream/

Saw a different one, last week, but at a different time - a black H reg DAF single decker. It's quite unusual, but unfortunately I can't remember the exact registration and I've not been able to find a picture of it or any reference to it, from the description.
ECW Olympian. Was the old SAFC black cats bus.
Just passed me. Looked tatty as owt, but seemed to be running great.
Any ideas?
(18 Nov 2016, 1:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote ECW Olympian. Was the old SAFC black cats bus.
Just passed me. Looked tatty as owt, but seemed to be running great.
Any ideas?

It should now be at Saltmeadows for repaint, 3654 (C654LJR). Now owned by LimoBus North East, will be kitted out as a mobile coffee shop for his events fleet.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

(18 Nov 2016, 2:36 pm)RBZ 5459 wrote It should now be at Saltmeadows for repaint, 3654 (C654LJR). Now owned by LimoBus North East, will be kitted out as a mobile coffee shop for his events fleet.

Must have been where it was heading to (was going in the general direction of Saltmeadows).

Sounded great. Looked awful. Hopefully the work will just be cosmetic.
(18 Nov 2016, 2:36 pm)RBZ 5459 wrote It should now be at Saltmeadows for repaint, 3654 (C654LJR). Now owned by LimoBus North East, will be kitted out as a mobile coffee shop for his events fleet.

(18 Nov 2016, 3:09 pm)RBZ 5459 wrote The other ex-Sunderland Black Cat bus is Northern 3612/SJR612Y.

Looking at photos online, it was 3612 I saw.
Saw an ELC bodied decker of some sort earlier. It's blind had been boarded up and had a permanent '752' applied. 

I was headed in the opposite direction, so didn't really get a proper look.

The reg I scribbled down was S857 OGX. That doesn't tally with anything online unfortunately.
(30 Sep 2016, 3:03 pm)BusLoverMum wrote This has been doing school runs through our village, this week. A recent acquisition by Pygalls, or someone else? Cochrane's maybe? Bell's is another possibility
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjf-souths...otostream/

Saw a different one, last week, but at a different time - a black H reg DAF single decker. It's quite unusual, but unfortunately I can't remember the exact registration and I've not been able to find a picture of it or any reference to it, from the description.

Sorry I've not visited this end of the forum for ages! If it was along with the black H221TCP DAF Ikarus then they'll both be Pygalls Coaches. Didn't realise they'd added so many double decks to their fleet!

(26 Oct 2016, 8:15 am)Brian13 wrote Anyone know who owns V5 TYL it's in South Shields this morning. Think it's a Volvo Plaxton

V5TYL will be Style Travel of Peterlee

(25 Nov 2016, 11:24 am)Andreos1 wrote Saw an ELC bodied decker of some sort earlier. It's blind had been boarded up and had a permanent '752' applied. 

I was headed in the opposite direction, so didn't really get a proper look.

The reg I scribbled down was S857 OGX. That doesn't tally with anything online unfortunately.

This would be S847DGX which has recently joined the fleet at Pygalls in Peterlee.
(04 Dec 2016, 5:35 pm)tyresmoke wrote This would be S847DGX which has recently joined the fleet at Pygalls in Peterlee.

Not too far off the reg. Not close enough to track it down either like...
It didn't seem in bad nick from what I could see.
(04 Dec 2016, 5:35 pm)tyresmoke wrote Sorry I've not visited this end of the forum for ages! If it was along with the black H221TCP DAF Ikarus then they'll both be Pygalls Coaches. Didn't realise they'd added so many double decks to their fleet!

Yep, I saw the daf again, a couple of weeks ago and got the full reg, that time
 Only found one very old pic of it online, which I linked to in the pygalls thread!

Curious that absolutely everything apart from the windows had been sprayed black, even the radiator grille!
(05 Dec 2016, 12:04 am)BusLoverMum wrote Yep, I saw the daf again, a couple of weeks ago and got the full reg, that time
 Only found one very old pic of it online, which I linked to in the pygalls thread!

Curious that absolutely everything apart from the windows had been sprayed black, even the radiator grille!

There's this one which shows it just before sale to Pygalls.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/57231821@N07/28566463174
Two white Metrocity's heading north on A1 just now. Should have just passed Washington Services.
Spotted a B10 in First livery heading east along the A174 about an hour ago.
The 'city' part of the livery had been removed unfortunately.
It had a flip dot display, showing 'Private'.

Someone's for restoration or something for one of our Teesside independents?
(27 Jul 2017, 10:53 am)Cobalt271 wrote Do you know whereabouts on the A1? I wonder if they were heading to Thornton's.

Thornton's did jump to mind.
When you drive that road as much as I do, it sort of blends in to one.
Guessing it was somewhere between Catterick and Durham.
Saw a dart on the A1 today. First time was sometime before 11, travelling northbound and left the A1 at the Seaton Burn roundabout. Second time it was on the back of an Ian Bradley tow truck travelling southbound seen near the Kingston Park slip road at around 16:50

The livery was all over orange and I could not see any fleetnames. Not sure who this may belong to.
My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.