You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Whats made you happy today?
(17 Aug 2016, 7:13 am)MrFozz wrote Bloody hell is Windows XP still going

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I know! Computers at my school ran Windows XP and I left six years ago now, mind my school was littered with outdated technology, computers in my last year actually came from Nissan. Just about every video we watched was recorded off the tele, so you'd usually have something educational then it cut to adverts, quite funny hearing something scientific and then all of a sudden it just says "the banana"

Believe the Arriva next stop announcement equipment is also Windows XP.
Marxista Fozzski
(17 Aug 2016, 7:32 am)Jimmi wrote I know! Computers at my school ran Windows XP and I left six years ago now, mind my school was littered with outdated technology, computers in my last year actually came from Nissan. Just about every video we watched was recorded off the tele, so you'd usually have something educational then it cut to adverts, quite funny hearing something scientific and then all of a sudden it just says [b]"the banana"[/url]

Believe the Arriva next stop announcement equipment is also Windows XP.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Site Administrator
(17 Aug 2016, 7:08 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote I was on 6061 last night and that is another one with no nsa just a windows xp screen showing on the top deck.

(17 Aug 2016, 7:13 am)MrFozz wrote Bloody hell is Windows XP still going

(17 Aug 2016, 7:23 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote It did surprise me to see XP as it was announced a few years ago that the system would no longer be supported.

(17 Aug 2016, 7:32 am)Jimmi wrote Believe the Arriva next stop announcement equipment is also Windows XP.

The Next Stop Announcements on vehicles new between 2010 and 2014 run off a HANCIS Next Stop Announcement system - this is powered by Windows XP, and behind the scenes it is just like a normal computer. That is why the vehicles which have had Next Stop Announcements the longest incur the most faults - you wouldn't run a PC for six years, for around 15 hours a day!

In line with Windows XP being discounted (2014), a new system (HTC) was introduced. This is powered by Linux. In Go North East's fleet, all of the vehicles with the new LED screen, as well as the two AD122 Solos, are powered by this system. It's a lot more robust.
Site Administrator
(25 Aug 2016, 10:45 am)S813 FVK wrote Really happy with my GCSE results Smile C and above in everything apart from RE which i got a D in (which i didn't care much about)

Well done!

What's next? A-Levels, apprenticeship?
(25 Aug 2016, 10:45 am)S813 FVK wrote Really happy with my GCSE results Smile C and above in everything apart from RE which i got a D in (which i didn't care much about)

Very good well done! I'm so glad we finish early on Tuesday now so I didn't have to take RE like previous years have too, I'm guessing you didn't choose it as most schools it's forced upon you so I wouldn't be bothered about it either.
Marxista Fozzski
Been a good day today...

Went down to Manchester with Mrs F and the bambino a good 3-2 win for Darlo today..

Happy Days

(25 Aug 2016, 11:55 am)Dan wrote Well done!

What's next? A-Levels, apprenticeship?

(25 Aug 2016, 3:26 pm)Tom wrote Very good well done! I'm so glad we finish early on Tuesday now so I didn't have to take RE like previous years have too, I'm guessing you didn't choose it as most schools it's forced upon you so I wouldn't be bothered about it either.

Thanks both, I've just come back from Scarborough hence the late reply.

I have chosen to continue with my Business and History with the inclusion of Sociology. Looking forward to the more relaxed environment and up to 9 free hours every week!
Site Administrator
(30 Aug 2016, 4:56 pm)S813 FVK wrote Thanks both, I've just come back from Scarborough hence the late reply.

I have chosen to continue with my Business and History with the inclusion of Sociology. Looking forward to the more relaxed environment and up to 9 free hours every week!

You say that now... then after a few months, you realise that those nine hours become work hours!
(31 Aug 2016, 6:16 am)Dan wrote You say that now... then after a few months, you realise that those nine hours become work hours!

Yup Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Enjoying a long weekend, spending my first day off up in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Currently sat in a Wetherspoons in Glasgow with a hot dog, chips and a nice refreshing drink. Spot on!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
(02 Sep 2016, 11:58 am)Dan wrote Enjoying a long weekend, spending my first day off up in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Currently sat in a Wetherspoons in Glasgow with a hot dog, chips and a nice refreshing drink. Spot on!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Counting House?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(02 Sep 2016, 12:18 pm)Adrian wrote Counting House?

The Camperdown Place - pretty much next door to Glasgow Queen Street station.
Marxista Fozzski
Meeting old friends and making new ones...

Seen Seany Baby in Park Lane and finally met Adrian

Was good making your acquaintance matey

(06 Sep 2016, 4:39 pm)MrFozz wrote Meeting old friends and making new ones...

Seen Seany Baby in Park Lane and finally met Adrian

Was good making your acquaintance matey

Erm please... don't call me that

Was lovely to catch up with you nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Marxista Fozzski
(06 Sep 2016, 6:00 pm)northern156 wrote Erm please... don't call me that

Was lovely to catch up with you nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Ok Sean-Meister or simply Sean-Ster for short

Always good catching up with you my friend

Being back in the North East for a year  (at least) Big Grin. My placement in Bristol at Hewlett Packard Enterprise has come to an end. I will work for them part time for 12 hours per week whilst I complete my final year at university. It has been great to catchup with friends over the past few days and nights. Looking forward to catching up with the Prince Bishops Streetlites and the various IndiGo Solos  Smile.
Moved into halls at Aberdeen last weekend (3rd), and so that's made me pretty happy for the last week and a bit!  Smile

In addition, the number 20 that runs from where I'm staying to the campus is operated by B10BLEs and B7RLEs Big Grin There are a few too many Streetlites knocking around for my liking though...
(13 Sep 2016, 11:12 am)mb134 wrote Moved into halls at Aberdeen last weekend (3rd), and so that's made me pretty happy for the last week and a bit!  Smile

In addition, the number 20 that runs from where I'm staying to the campus is operated by B10BLEs and B7RLEs Big Grin There are a few too many Streetlites knocking around for my liking though...

I sometimes have to go to Aberdeen with work, I think it is a lovely place.
Had a canny day out today, rode the Darlington Moorsbus this afternoon with 1511 being allocated. Got some good photos along the route, here's one of 1511 at Ralph's Cross on Blakey Ridge on the M4 to Danby plus 1438 on Redcar's Moorsbus service M16 to Saltburn.
[Image: 29770847595_106bbbc39e.jpg]Arriva North East: 1511 / NK13FJY by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

[Image: 29688569501_c90d244598.jpg]Arriva North East: 1438 / NK10CEX by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
A couple of things the bloke sat behind me at the Gateshead game came out with yesterday......

"Paddy McLaughlin, you've got the cutting edge of a potato salad" and "I hope that lad isn't Christian because his crosses are sh*te"

The second one certainly made me chuckle.