You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: 2016-17 Football Season
(31 Aug 2016, 10:56 pm)Tom wrote He told Everton to fuck off and joined Spurs instead haha. Everton have had a lucky escape!

Thinking about how much we have got for the dead wood in our squad it isn't bad really. £7.5 for Janmaat, £25m for Wijnaldum, £30m for Sissoko and £3m for Cisse. Not bad business considering in my eyes we have a better squad than last season

Aye, they've definitely dodged a bullet there like. 

A far better squad in my opinion, although players may not be technically as good, they will put in 100 times the effort.
(31 Aug 2016, 10:59 pm)mb134 wrote Aye, they've definitely dodged a bullet there like. 

A far better squad in my opinion, although players may not be technically as good, they will put in 100 times the effort.

Completely agree. Think it will be us and Villa up there at the end of the season as Villa are another team who have done well in the transfer window.
(31 Aug 2016, 11:17 pm)Tom wrote Completely agree. Think it will be us and Villa up there at the end of the season as Villa are another team who have done well in the transfer window.

Think we'll be there or thereabouts, not sure if we'll go up as Champions, but it'll be close. 

Brighton will be up there, and then I think one of Villa and Norwich, the other falling into mid-table. Really dislike Villa so I hope they go into freefall.
(31 Aug 2016, 11:31 pm)mb134 wrote Think we'll be there or thereabouts, not sure if we'll go up as Champions, but it'll be close. 

Brighton will be up there, and then I think one of Villa and Norwich, the other falling into mid-table. Really dislike Villa so I hope they go into freefall.

I can't stand Villa either. Would like to see Brighton up there though as I like Chris Houghton, great manager.
Aston Villa have sacked manager Roberto di Matteo, 124 days after he took over. 

Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce both strongly linked to replace him, Steve McClaren also linked by some. 

I think I'd pay to see them get McClaren in
Marxista Fozzski
(03 Oct 2016, 10:14 am)mb134 wrote Aston Villa have sacked manager Roberto di Matteo, 124 days after he took over. 

Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce both strongly linked to replace him, Steve McClaren also linked by some. 

No chance with Allardyce I think

There is every possibility of him being further investigated by the FA...There is talk of a possible ban from football.

Steve Bruce is a difficult one, given his links to Brum City, I would put my money on McClaren

Following link is from the Fail about Allaradyce

Disgraced Sam Allardyce faces ban from Football

Daily Fail wroteSam Allardyce faces a lengthy ban from football after the catastrophic blunder that cost him the England job.

The manager was forced out of his dream role on Tuesday after being filmed advising fake businessmen how to circumvent FA rules on the issue of third party ownership during a Daily Telegraph sting operation.

The fact he so openly advised the bogus associates about flouting his employer’s regulations not only cost him his job, but left him open to a potential FA charge.

Sam Allardyce last one game as England manager before his position was made untenable +6
Sam Allardyce last one game as England manager before his position was made untenable

Such a charge could trigger a lengthy ban for Allardyce, who at 61 is in the latter stages of his managerial career.

The FA handed former England manager Don Revie a 10-year ban in 1977 after he quit while still under contract to take up a role with the United Arab Emirates. That punishment was eventually overturned.

The regular questions about those at the top of the sport could weaken or kill our passion
This time the FA will not be considering disciplinary action against their disgraced former boss until police have finished their investigation into this week’s revelations.

FA chief executive Martin Glenn said: ‘It is realistic he could be charged. The Telegraph are releasing the full transcripts to the police, which is what has to happen, and once we get full access to them we’ll pass them to our integrity unit.

Allardyce could face a lengthy ban from football in light of the undercover investigation +6
Allardyce could face a lengthy ban from football in light of the undercover investigation
FA chief executive Martin Glenn is yet to disclose if the governing body will act on Allardyce +6
FA chief executive Martin Glenn is yet to disclose if the governing body will act on Allardyce
‘The decision will be based on the merits of the evidence. You could guess that bringing the game into disrepute might be a possible charge. The punishment could range from a fine to a ban.’

Glenn insisted that Allardyce’s past, including the Panorama documentary that questioned his transfer dealings, was thoroughly considered by the FA.

‘We knew he was a man of the world, we knew there had been a Panorama inquiry a few years ago,’ said Glenn. ‘We checked with our integrity unit. We were conscious there were no inquiries under way that would implicate him'.
(03 Oct 2016, 10:14 am)mb134 wrote Aston Villa have sacked manager Roberto di Matteo, 124 days after he took over. 

I can't really see them appointing Steve Mclearen. As a Newcastle United fan, I'd love to see them appoint him, but I'm sure that they will hire someone who actually knows what he's doing!
(03 Oct 2016, 10:24 am)MrFozz wrote No chance with Allardyce I think

There is every possibility of him being further investigated by the FA...There is talk of a possible ban from football.

Steve Bruce is a difficult one, given his links to Brum City, I would put my money on McClaren

Following link is from the Fail about Allaradyce

Disgraced Sam Allardyce faces ban from Football
I can't see Allardyce ever getting a job in football again, after what he done, he has really mucked up his reputation and legacy.
Marxista Fozzski
2016-17 Football Season
4th Qualifying Round (draw released Monday 3rd October)

3p.m. Saturday 15th October (unless stated)

Three level 9 teams survive - Bishop Auckland, Westfields (Hereford) and Hadley (to replay)

Brackley Town, Kettering Town and Kidderminster Harriers were moved from the North Zone (in Q3 ) to the South Zone

North
01 Southport NAT 5 v Chester NAT 5
02 Alfreton Town CN 6 v Gateshead NAT 5
03 North Ferriby United NAT 5 v Macclesfield Town NAT 5
04 F.C. United of Manchester CN 6 or Harrogate Town CN 6 v F.C. Halifax Town CN 6
05 Stockport County CN 6 v Bishop Auckland NL1 9
06 Barrow NAT 5 v Tranmere Rovers NAT 5
07 Halesowen Town NPP 7 or Nantwich Town NPP 7 v Stourbridge NPP 7
08 Altrincham CN 6 v Matlock Town NPP 7 or Workington NPP 7
09 Lincoln City NAT 5 v Guiseley NAT 5
10 Lincoln United NPS 8 v Spennymoor Town NPP 7
11 Stamford NPS 8 v Wrexham NAT 5
12 York City NAT 5 v Curzon Ashton CN 6

South
13 Welling United CS 6 v Whitehawk CS 6
14 Westfields (Hereford) MDP 9 v Leiston ISP 7
15 Sutton United NAT 5 v Forest Green Rovers NAT 5
16 Chesham United SLP 7 v Potters Bar Town SLC 8 or Bath City CS 6
17 Dagenham & Redbridge NAT 5 v Wealdstone CS 6
18 Torquay United NAT 5 v Woking NAT 5
19 Taunton Town SLW 8 v Gloucester City CN 6 or Hemel Hempstead Town CS 6
20 Braintree Town NAT 5 v Bromley NAT 5
21 Beaconsfield S.Y.C.O.B. SLC 8 v Brackley Town CN 6
22 Tonbridge Angels ISP 7 v Dartford CS 6
23 Faversham Town ISS 8 or Egham Town SLC 8 v St. Albans City CS 6
24 Boreham Wood NAT 5 v Hendon ISP 7
25 Aldershot Town NAT 5 v Eastbourne Borough CS 6 or Hadley SMP 9
26 Harrow Borough ISP 7 v Margate CS 6 or Hastings United ISS 8
27 Maidstone United NAT 5 v Billericay Town ISP 7
28 Kidderminster Harriers CN 6 v Weymouth SLP 7
29 Solihull Moors NAT 5 v Kettering Town SLP 7
30 Burgess Hill Town ISP 7 v Dover Athletic NAT 5
31 Merstham ISP 7 v Ebbsfleet United CS 6
32 Eastleigh NAT 5 v North Leigh SLW 8

Some good ties there for the North East

Gateshead should overcome Alfreton, Spennymoor should overcome Lincoln United and the stand-out tie for our region is Bishop Auckland at Edgeley Park to play former League Club Stockport County...

I expect both Heed and Moors in the draw for the First Round, if Bishop overcome Stockport, they will be the first Northern League representatives in the First Round Proper for a few years

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(12 Oct 2016, 5:49 pm)Y935 ERG wrote Along with Villa - they're set to get Steve Bruce.

I disagree there. I think he's an excellent manager.

Managers like Steve Bruce, Neil Warnock etc are made for getting teams promoted.
(12 Oct 2016, 9:31 pm)LeeCalder wrote I disagree there. I think he's an excellent manager.

Managers like Steve Bruce, Neil Warnock etc are made for getting teams promoted.

Yeah Steve Bruce isn't a bad manager at all. Got Hull promoted last season with an arguably worse team than Villa have now.
Warnock will have a tough job with Cardiff though
Gary Mills has just been sacked at Wrexham.

The grass ain't always greener. All that money he had (and spent) and he was recently complaining he didn't have enough!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(13 Oct 2016, 4:12 pm)Andreos1 wrote Gary Mills has just been sacked at Wrexham.

The grass ain't always greener. All that money he had (and spent) and he was recently complaining he didn't have enough!

Well we all know what he said when he joined Wrexham don't we.......

"There will be no excuses here. The club [Wrexham] has everything you need to go and be successful.

"I will work so, so hard to give everyone at this wonderful club their dream of getting back into the football league."

Well Gary, you failed. Miserably.
(16 Oct 2016, 10:42 am)LeeCalder wrote Gary Mills has been appointed as manager of York City
Didn't he manage them a couple of years ago, or am I thinking of someone else?
Marxista Fozzski
(16 Oct 2016, 11:06 am)NK06JXC wrote Didn't he manage them a couple of years ago, or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes he did...got them to the football league

(16 Oct 2016, 10:42 am)LeeCalder wrote Gary Mills has been appointed as manager of York City

I haven't looked on Twitter to see the reaction post-appointment.
However the reaction on there after his sacking from Wrexham, was that the majority didn't want him back.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
(16 Oct 2016, 11:17 am)Andreos1 wrote I haven't looked on Twitter to see the reaction post-appointment.
However the reaction on there after his sacking from Wrexham, was that the majority didn't want him back.
The farce that is York City gets better...

Jackie McNamara stays on as CEO

(16 Oct 2016, 4:25 pm)MrFozz wrote The farce that is York City gets better...

Jackie McNamara stays on as CEO

Reports are saying that McNamara plowed a lot of his own money into the club. I think he genuinely tried his best at the club, but he just isn't a good enough manager.
(16 Oct 2016, 4:23 pm)MrFozz wrote Everton and Citeh after Jordan Pickford...Joe Hart Linked with Sunderland

Sunderland AFC transfer news: Everton and Manchester City track Jordan Pickford, Joe Hart linked

Sunderland should give the kid everything he wants and more, in terms of offering him a new deal. I don't rate Hart with a good defence, let alone what Sunderland have. 

I don't see him being first choice at Everton or City. Pep brought in Bravo, and will want to be proven right there, while Koeman likes Stekelenburg.
Marxista Fozzski
(17 Oct 2016, 6:19 pm)LeeCalder wrote Gateshead or Alfreton have been drawn at home to League Two Newport County in the 1st Round of the FA Cup
Spennymoor get MK Dons away

Marxista Fozzski
(17 Oct 2016, 6:19 pm)LeeCalder wrote Gateshead or Alfreton have been drawn at home to League Two Newport County in the 1st Round of the FA Cup
Gateshead out...

Whats going on at Int'l Stadium I had high hopes for them when you went to Wembley, thought they would be our newest representatives in the League...Way things are going, we will beat you back and you will have Spenny Town as rivals