Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016
(27 Oct 2016, 7:12 am)Jackamcardle wrote If anyone sees or knows where the demonstrator is on the X1 today, or even if it is out at all that would be greatly appreciated.
9099 will be leaving Eldon Square at either 13:25 or 13:35 if you haven't got it yet.

EDIT: left Eldon Square not in service
thought I would mention that in a previous post, about the TEN. if go north east couldn't buy more Volvo b9TL's they could use 6184 6100 6116 6117. then they could source some omnidekkas to the depot where they are now. (this is a suggestion which probably wont happen)
Prefer
7486 LJ51 DGZ
1764 NK05 GWC
5230 NK55 OLH
6301 NK16 BXA
22570 SP08 DCV
12078 NK11 DJD
FJ61 EXO
Jamie M
Unregistered
(27 Oct 2016, 4:16 pm)EL1TE wrote 6126 has now been de branded
27 and 31 still left branded.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(27 Oct 2016, 12:30 pm)Jimmi wrote SCRAP THAT, left not in service.

It dropped back in to service at some point later this afternoon, saw it at Springwell about an hour and a half ago, heading towards Easington Lane.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(27 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm)Buses98 wrote thought I would mention that in a previous post, about the TEN. if go north east couldn't buy more Volvo b9TL's they could use 6184 6100 6116 6117. then they could source some omnidekkas to the depot where they are now. (this is a suggestion which probably wont happen)

Volvo don't make the B9TL's anymore.
Hardly earth shattering news, but I overtook the Go North East Hiab/lorry mounted crane the other day.
Didn't realise it was still going! Pleased to see it still kicking around.
(27 Oct 2016, 4:57 pm)BFK wrote Volvo don't make the B9TL's anymore.

sorry should have been more specific but I mean like from dealer stock as there are still some available well it has been rumoured
Prefer
7486 LJ51 DGZ
1764 NK05 GWC
5230 NK55 OLH
6301 NK16 BXA
22570 SP08 DCV
12078 NK11 DJD
FJ61 EXO
(27 Oct 2016, 5:40 pm)Buses98 wrote sorry should have been more specific but I mean like from dealer stock as there are still some available well it has been rumoured

I thought the Red Kite deckers were the last from dealer stock
(27 Oct 2016, 4:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote It dropped back in to service at some point later this afternoon, saw it at Springwell about an hour and a half ago, heading towards Easington Lane.
Seemed to be some issues on the X1 this afternoon, 9099 and a President came into Eldon Square at the same time with 9099 leaving not in service, also saw two B9's together later on with one leaving not in service.
(27 Oct 2016, 6:20 pm)Jimmi wrote Seemed to be some issues on the X1 this afternoon, 9099 and a President came into Eldon Square at the same time with 9099 leaving not in service, also saw two B9's together later on with one leaving not in service.

There was issues in the town apparently. No idea what, but GNE were tweeting about delays.

Mind, two Q3's following each other yesterday surprised me!
(27 Oct 2016, 6:31 pm)Andreos1 wrote There was issues in the town apparently. No idea what, but GNE were tweeting about delays.

Mind, two Q3's following each other yesterday surprised me!
I walked along Blackett Street at around 11:00 and it essentially turned into a bus park as it was littered with buses that weren't moving as that bit which is only really wide enough for one bus had buses on it heading in both directions. Newcastle City Centre seems to be a nightmare at the moment with all the roadworks and demolition works going on and things are probably only going to get worse with Christmas coming, all the Gateshead - Newcastle express services seem to be coming in via the A167(M) and Barras Bridge to reach Eldon Square.
Emergency services were called to an incident in the city centre Blackett Street and others to come to a standstill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(27 Oct 2016, 6:39 pm)Jimmi wrote Gateshead - Newcastle express services seem to be coming in via the A167(M) and Barras Bridge to reach Eldon Square.

The expresses are going into Eldon Square this way while John Dobson Street is closed

(27 Oct 2016, 6:53 pm)S813 FVK wrote The expresses are going into Eldon Square this way while John Dobson Street is closed

It's much quicker, before they added in the pointless Blackett St stop on the 21, they used to sometimes go around that way to avoid Blackett St
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Jamie M
Unregistered
(27 Oct 2016, 7:47 pm)Ambassador wrote It's much quicker, before they added in the pointless Blackett St stop on the 21, they used to sometimes go around that way to avoid Blackett St
You get stuck at haymarket as you do the opposite way. lose-lose situation.

(27 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm)Jamie M wrote You get stuck at haymarket as you do the opposite way. lose-lose situation.

I did an X1 yesterday evening and I got through fine?
(27 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm)Jamie M wrote You get stuck at haymarket as you do the opposite way. lose-lose situation.

The X12 and X25 aremuch quicker now it uses that route. Especially for commuters. I've yet to get stuck at Haymarket. You also avoid a good few traffic lights
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
5211 and 6089 were NIS on Wessington Way yesterday driven by engineers at around 1030
When are rest of the Solo's arriving from Thames travel?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(28 Oct 2016, 2:34 pm)Michael wrote When are rest of the Solo's arriving from Thames travel?

Next month.

695 and 696 have now arrived at Chester-le-Street Depot for inspection, so I can now confirm that this pair will be heading to Crook to replace 571 and 572 on "The OK Way" service 18.

In other news, 4897 has now been sold for preservation. It remains on-site at Saltmeadows Road at present, but will be taken by its new owner next week.
Site Administrator
(28 Oct 2016, 3:41 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote 695 and 696 hopefully in OK livery for the 18 and not the new red/blue or, even worse, the ultra-naff Indigo.

695 and 696 both carry Go North East's new corporate livery:

[Image: 30259302430_3bf022bf17.jpg]Go North East: 0696 / YJ13HOH by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Goes back to what I was saying yesterday about it looking like weaker brands are being removed from the network...
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1874&pid=184222#pid184222
(28 Oct 2016, 3:41 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote 695 and 696 hopefully in OK livery for the 18 and not the new red/blue or, even worse, the ultra-naff Indigo.

Well for one the new "Red/Blue" livery is better than plain red... the talk about Indigo is boring now, i don't see you complaining about "Max, Sapphire and now Frequenta" being over used on Arriva....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Oct 2016, 3:43 pm)Dan wrote 695 and 696 both carry Go North East's new corporate livery:

[Image: 30259302430_3bf022bf17.jpg]Go North East: 0696 / YJ13HOH by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Goes back to what I was saying yesterday about it looking like weaker brands are being removed from the network...
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1874&pid=184222#pid184222

Hopefully the likes of "Simplicity, Lambton Worm, See It, Do it, Sunderland, South Tyne, Loop, Green/Blue Arrow" will follow.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Don't think it's the worst thing that the OK Way is being dropped considering how frequently corporate liveried buses work the 18, at least now all the buses will be red. IMO it seems more noticeable when branded buses are missing on the 18 considering it only has a PVR of two, I've been to Bishop Auckland this afternoon and saw the same President a few times standing in for a MPD today. In some ways it would be ideal to have a spare Solo at Crook/Chester-le-Street for the 18 but it would be daft having a Solo and a double decker sit spare in Bishop Auckland all day when just one double decker can be spare for both the 18 and X21 and there isn't really any route at Chester-le-Street you could get away with allocating a Solo to, at a push you could maybe allocate them to the 34/34A.
(28 Oct 2016, 3:23 pm)Dan wrote Next month.

695 and 696 have now arrived at Chester-le-Street Depot for inspection, so I can now confirm that this pair will be heading to Crook to replace 571 and 572 on "The OK Way" service 18.

In other news, 4897 has now been sold for preservation. It remains on-site at Saltmeadows Road at present, but will be taken by its new owner next week.

To the owner of Leyland National Mk2 4708 (FTN 708W), Leyland Olympian 3522 (C522 LJR) and Bristol VRT 3406 (JPT 406T).
All Arriva liveries are uninspiring, and boring as they're so common. What makes GNE interesting is the branding, often quite original. The OK brands were good liveries, the weak thing was the lack of marketing of the routes and the fact they didn't persist with the OK1 which always seemed to have adequate numbers of passengers. Indigo is a weak brand, as is See it Do it, and I must admit the 6/X70/X71 Northern was a weak livery as well. "Northern" should still be the corporate brand as that was "strong" being how the company had been known for decades. Many others brands are good, some great. Trouble is, the weak brand ideas are becoming more common and the originality seems to have disappeared. Green/blue Arrow are reasonable liveries, but lack originality or local relevance. Indigo is not only a vile colour, it lacks the local links which the previous brands on those routes had, and certainly shouldn't have been continued in more than one area. However, the new corporate red/blue livery is quite pleasing; I just wish the brand name was going to be Northern.
(28 Oct 2016, 4:51 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote All Arriva liveries are uninspiring, and boring as they're so common. What makes GNE interesting is the branding, often quite original. The OK brands were good liveries, the  weak thing was the lack of marketing of the routes and the fact they didn't persist with the OK1 which always seemed to have adequate numbers of passengers.  Indigo is a weak brand, as is See it Do it, and I must admit the 6/X70/X71 Northern was a weak livery as well. "Northern" should still be the corporate brand as that was  "strong" being how the company had been known for decades. Many others brands are good, some great. Trouble is, the weak brand ideas are becoming more common and the originality seems to have disappeared. Green/blue Arrow are reasonable liveries, but lack originality or local relevance. Indigo is not only a vile colour, it lacks the local links which the previous brands on those routes had, and certainly shouldn't have been continued in more than one area. However, the new corporate red/blue livery is quite pleasing; I just wish the brand name was going to be Northern.

Ye i was gutted the OK1 didn't work out for them, i do like the new livery though, just hope the new cooperate name looks alright on the bus.

Arriva need something new now.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.