Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

What's annoying you today? V4 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V4

Jamie M
Unregistered
RE: What's annoying you today? V4
(09 Nov 2016, 5:27 pm)GMitchelhill wrote My mind is overthinking, and it's playing hell with my anxiety issues and worrying that I may be falling back into a depression.
Gotta stay strong, easier said than done, but nothing else to it. Been there, done that, and all I can tell you is find ways to dismiss the small voices. Everyone is different, especially with coping with their own conscience, but have confidence in yourself and that you'll be alright, and you'll find it's all good

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The fact that 3 of the 4 FAB 56 Geminis I travelled on, the plugs weren't working.

However it worked out in the end as I managed to get some Volvo Olympian haulage as the 4th one (the one with working plugs) followed the Olympian into Toon.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(10 Nov 2016, 10:47 pm)GMitchelhill wrote The fact that 3 of the 4 FAB 56 Geminis I travelled on, the plugs weren't working.

However it worked out in the end as I managed to get some Volvo Olympian haulage as the 4th one (the one with working plugs) followed the Olympian into Toon.
Plug sockets not working can be a pain, don't think any of Darlington's Sapphire 7 branded buses having working sockets, at least one of the two Belmont 7 branded Pulsar's do though but is little consolation to the fact that I nearly always only ever use the Darlington depot boards. Annoys me that so many of the plug sockets on North East buses don't work, sampled a selection of Transdev buses in Yorkshire recently that have USB charging points and all three buses that had them worked.

This is part the reason why I now permanently have my phone set to STAMINA mode, to increase the battery life between charges.
(10 Nov 2016, 11:08 pm)Jimmi wrote Plug sockets not working can be a pain, don't think any of Darlington's Sapphire 7 branded buses having working sockets, at least one of the two Belmont 7 branded Pulsar's do though but is little consolation to the fact that I nearly always only ever use the Darlington depot boards. Annoys me that so many of the plug sockets on North East buses don't work, sampled a selection of Transdev buses in Yorkshire recently that have USB charging points and all three buses that had them worked.

This is part the reason why I now permanently have my phone set to STAMINA mode, to increase the battery life between charges.

This is the reason that I now have a 10,000mA power pack.

One to put on your Christmas list.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(10 Nov 2016, 11:33 pm)BusLoverMum wrote This is the reason that I now have a 10,000mA power pack.

One to put on your Christmas list.
Id just forget to charge the power pack.
I've learned how to make my SGS6 last the whole day on one charge and listen to music and whatever. A few tips for android:
1) Avoid using GNE app - it's trash on android and hurts the battery life, even if the screen is off because of background processing.
2) Turn the screen off as much as possible.
3) Use restrictive data, only uses data on active applications, meaning much less 4G processing.

I can get 20 hours out of my phone whilst listening to music loud and browsing as much as I need to. No need for powerpacks unless I found myself camping or short of a charger. Impossible to get more than a day out of it, even if you dont listen to music and just leave the screen off! Most iphones are similar, though my 3GS got a good 3 days of heavy usage before needing a charge. Great little phone but too old to work now.

(10 Nov 2016, 11:57 pm)Jamie M wrote Id just forget to charge the power pack.
I've learned how to make my SGS6 last the whole day on one charge and listen to music and whatever. A few tips for android:
1) Avoid using GNE app - it's trash on android and hurts the battery life, even if the screen is off because of background processing.
3) Use restrictive data, only uses data on active applications, meaning much less 4G processing.

I can get 20 hours out of my phone whilst listening to music loud and browsing as much as I need to. No need for powerpacks unless I found myself camping or short of a charger. Impossible to get more than a day out of it, even if you dont listen to music and just leave the screen off! Most iphones are similar, though my 3GS got a good 3 days of heavy usage before needing a charge. Great little phone but too old to work now.

I just connect up the charger when my phone's done! Helps that phone has turbo charge, so tops up dead quick.

Bigun remembers to connect when I nag him. We both Pokémon which is a big drain.
(10 Nov 2016, 11:57 pm)Jamie M wrote Id just forget to charge the power pack.

My way of increasing the battery life on my phone in addition to the above is to turn it off when I go to bed at night, I have an alarm clock in my bedroom which I can set if I need to be up for a certain time. The STAMINA mode on my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact works a treat at keeping the battery life up as it disables a lot of things running in the background.

I hardly ever use the GNE app anyway, only really require the Live Stop Departures feature but I find it a bit sluggish and a pain to use, so what I often tend to do is use Google Maps as it often gives live times from bus stops for Go North East (and Arriva North East) buses in minutes.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(11 Nov 2016, 12:20 am)Jimmi wrote My way of increasing the battery life on my phone in addition to the above is to turn it off when I go to bed at night, I have an alarm clock in my bedroom which I can set if I need to be up for a certain time. The STAMINA mode on my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact works a treat at keeping the battery life up as it disables a lot of things running in the background.

I hardly ever use the GNE app anyway, only really require the Live Stop Departures feature but I find it a bit sluggish and a pain to use, so what I often tend to do is use Google Maps as it often gives live times from bus stops for Go North East (and Arriva North East) buses in minutes.
The apple gne app is great, they are apparently developing the android app to be even better than ever. I got told this from an advisor who seemed to be completely bored.
Oh well. Hopefully soon.

Waiting at Theatre Royal for 5332 to get a photo of it passing the theatre and the minute it appears to come round the corner some moronic van driver decides it's the right time to park right in front of where I am standing.

Here is what I got cos of that van, gonna have to wait for it 5332 to come back to get a better photo

[Image: a2efd6839a00166fabbe74ca21eba7c8.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
(16 Nov 2016, 9:24 am)Jimmi wrote I've woke up in the wrong mood this morning, incredibly angry and getting fed up over nowt (worse than usual). I blame my nose which is blocked up but also needs blowing a lot.

I might be speaking the obvious here Jimmi like, but blowing a nose that obviously needs blowing... It might help the situation.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Train in front of us has broken down on the way out of Liverpool Lime Street Station. Great... We're stuck!
EDIT: now being diverted.

Also stupid station, telling me to go to platform 9 when it was leaving from platform 5 and I think it was always leaving from 5.

Got attacked by pigeons as some threw a load of bread on the ground at the point I walked past him.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Nov 2016, 11:25 am)Jimmi wrote Train in front of us has broken down on the way out of Liverpool Lime Street Station. Great... We're stuck!
EDIT: now being diverted.

Looking like I'm going to be 60+ minutes late getting back into Darlington this afternoon as a result of the above and another incident blocking the line at Staley Bridge, we have joined with another train at Manchester with half heading to Newcastle and the other half heading to Scarborough, will be split at York.

Delay repay anyone?
(19 Nov 2016, 12:53 pm)Jimmi wrote Looking like I'm going to be 60+ minutes late getting back into Darlington this afternoon as a result of the above and another incident blocking the line at Staley Bridge, we have joined with another train at Manchester with half heading to Newcastle and the other half heading to Scarborough, will be split at York.

Delay repay anyone?

Make sure you're in the correct split!
Don't want to see a post about how you were in the wrong split, just missed an X93 from Scarborough and won't get home until after 9! Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(19 Nov 2016, 1:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote Make sure you're in the correct split!
Don't want to see a post about how you were in the wrong split, just missed an X93 from Scarborough and won't get home until after 9! Wink
Not a problem, service terminating at York. Have to change to a CrossCountry service to Darlington.
(19 Nov 2016, 2:39 pm)Jimmi wrote Not a problem, service terminating at York. Have to change to a CrossCountry service to Darlington.

Chin up Jimmi, something will go wrong to make your day!
Next door's 20 something daughter drunken singing with her mates.

Might be less sympathetic next time her dad and aunt come to the door all sad face because we're disturbing their family piss up with essential diy at the ungodly hour of 7 pm.
Marxista Fozzski
My daughters Rabbit died earlier on this afternoon...

Although I got it for free w/hutch off someone for nothing, I am not happy though, we were told it was less than a year old, and we now think he may have been older than we thought...

It's awful, I held him in my arms earlier and he was practically dead then, at one point this morning my partner had to clean turd and stick her finger up his ringpiece to clear it of turd...

We are hiding it from my lil girl till in the morning, and my future father-in-law will bury him tomorrow

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
(26 Nov 2016, 9:28 pm)Michael wrote The stupid bloody posts on my Facebook about X-Factor and Honey G...

I honestly don't care, it's fixed anyway
Indeed. My Facebook exploded last Sunday when Honey G didn't go out of the competition, never seen so many red angry faces in my life!

Honestly don't care about it, you can get annoyed about it but I choose not to watch X Factor, so please stop it as it gets really annoying getting bombarded by posts of the results each week it is on with such angry posts about who goes out.
(26 Nov 2016, 9:44 pm)Jimmi wrote Indeed. My Facebook exploded last Sunday when Honey G didn't go out of the competition, never seen so many red angry faces in my life!

Honestly don't care about it, you can get annoyed about it but I choose not to watch X Factor, so please stop it as it gets really annoying getting bombarded by posts of the results each week it is on with such angry posts about who goes out.

I've not watched the show, but I've got the app so I can vote for Honey G. It's important she wins so we can just accept there's no talent left and we don't have to endure the X Factor coming back next year.
(26 Nov 2016, 9:48 pm)James101 wrote I've not watched the show, but I've got the app so I can vote for Honey G. It's important she wins so we can just accept there's no talent left and we don't have to endure the X Factor coming back next year.
Problem is though, people want rid of the X Factor but the thing is not to vote for the worst contestant on the show, the thing that will probably get rid of it is to just simply not watch it and not vote, if enough people tune out, it will go away. I see and hear people say they aren't going to watch it anymore and yet the following weekend, there they are again. Despite the viewing figures being lower than in previous years, it probably still makes a significant amount of money for ITV and Simon Cowell.
(26 Nov 2016, 9:55 pm)Jimmi wrote Problem is though, people want rid of the X Factor but the thing is not to vote for the worst contestant on the show, the thing that will probably get rid of it is to just simply not watch it and not vote, if enough people tune out, it will go away. I see and hear people say they aren't going to watch it anymore and yet the following weekend, there they are again. Despite the viewing figures being lower than in previous years, it probably still makes a significant amount of money for ITV and Simon Cowell.

Its time for a new show I reckon, X Factor has been on too many years.
And the Honey G thing atm is just as big reason not to watch it, Every time I see her I just cringe.

Britain's got talent is a bit better, As its a variety of acts, While the X Factor is just Auto-Tuned bs.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile