Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3529
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
(07 Nov 2013, 5:30 pm)Dan wrote May even see a Citylink or two withdrawn if we're lucky...!

There's normally at least two off every day, so it won't be a surprise to anyone! Tongue
NL63 YAG is the Latest Arrival at Saltmeadows for Citylink Service 58 and it arrived at 15:30pm

To take this photo I put my feet in between the gaps in the Fence and then put my through and raised the Camera to take the Photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/10728655314/

As for the Bendies I spotted 5354 Unbranded heading onto Tyne Bridge This Afternoon possibly heading to Thorntons I think, but the odd thing was came along from where the X66 would turn left as it was to go to the Metrocentre.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/10728866953/
Site Administrator
(07 Nov 2013, 5:32 pm)Michael wrote Sorry i missed out what it was gonna be branded as..

I was more so pointing out that 8306 will be staying at Deptford - guessing it was just a typo in your OP though! Wink

Of course as a result of 603-606 being transferred over, we may see the withdrawal of some of the "Washington Street Shuttle" MPDs too!

(07 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm)BJ10VUS wrote There's normally at least two off every day, so it won't be a surprise to anyone! Tongue

This in addition to or excluding the one or two that haven't moved from the back of Sunderland Rd depot for er... quite a while? Tongue
(07 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm)BJ10VUS wrote There's normally at least two off every day, so it won't be a surprise to anyone! Tongue

No as 5348/8266 and Pulse 5163 were all on the 58 Today, Got photos of all 3 which will be uploaded later
(07 Nov 2013, 6:02 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote NL63 YAG is the Latest Arrival at Saltmeadows for Citylink Service 58 and it arrived at 15:30pm

To take this photo I put my feet in between the gaps in the Fence and then put my through and raised the Camera to take the Photo.

As for the Bendies I spotted 5354 Unbranded heading onto Tyne Bridge This Afternoon possibly heading to Thorntons I think, but the odd thing was came along from where the X66 would turn left as it was to go to the Metrocentre.

Does Thornton's store buses their to?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Nov 2013, 6:02 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote To take this photo I put my feet in between the gaps in the Fence and then put my through and raised the Camera to take the Photo.

By mind Adam, you are keen Tongue
[quote='Dan' pid='18986' dateline='1383847436']

I was more so pointing out that 8306 will be staying at Deptford - guessing it was just a typo in your OP though! Wink
---------
Ah right, didn't notice! :p
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Nov 2013, 6:07 pm)citaro5284 wrote By mind Adam, you are keen Tongue

Indeed, I seen it at Heworth and took a photo and it was blurred, so I got on the next 94 down to Saltmeadows, main thing is I did not trespass unlike others.
(07 Nov 2013, 6:35 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Indeed, I seen it at Heworth and took a photo and it was blurred, so I got on the next 94 down to Saltmeadows, main thing is I did not trespass unlike others.

Good lad! - I don't think you'd trespass regardless!
Go North East - Latest
(07 Nov 2013, 6:05 pm)Michael wrote Does Thornton's store buses their to?

I'm assuming it was heading their here mind, I believe they do store Buses up there once Withdrawn, I highly Doubt Saltmeadows/Hexham would be able to store them until go for scrap, so thorntons would be the best option
(07 Nov 2013, 6:37 pm)Tom wrote Good lad! - I don't think you'd trespass regardless!

Certainly not as I have my screwed on and follow the rules and guidelines that are clearly stated, unlike those who choose to break the law.
(07 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Certainly not as I have my screwed on and follow the rules and guidelines that are clearly stated, unlike those who choose to break the law.

I hope it is HEAD
(07 Nov 2013, 7:26 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote haha im guessing you seen me scale the fence then

It was your comment.....'as I have my screwed on', and I am just hoping it is your head which is screwed on!
(07 Nov 2013, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 wrote It was your comment.....'as I have my screwed on', and I am just hoping it is your head which is screwed on!

ahh yes, typo error and that is what I meant to put
(07 Nov 2013, 6:02 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote NL63 YAG is the Latest Arrival at Saltmeadows for Citylink Service 58 and it arrived at 15:30pm

The Merc is full of drivers - believe an artic famil course was ran today to train extra drivers to cover the X40 at Saltmeadows.

The first 58 from Cemetry Road to Heworth was operated by a new Versa this morning departing 5:36. Believe it was quickly taken off.
(07 Nov 2013, 7:54 pm)R838PRG wrote The first 58 from Cemetry Road to Heworth was operated by a new Versa this morning departing 5:36. Believe it was quickly taken off.

Spent all morning looking for her from 9. Had doubts that it was in-service after I heard as it was rather an early board (i.e. next stop announcement testing).
(07 Nov 2013, 7:54 pm)R838PRG wrote The Merc is full of drivers - believe an artic famil course was ran today to train extra drivers to cover the X40 at Saltmeadows.

I seen this merc doing reversing in Metro Centre Coach Park at about 1300.
(07 Nov 2013, 7:54 pm)R838PRG wrote The first 58 from Cemetry Road to Heworth was operated by a new Versa this morning departing 5:36. Believe it was quickly taken off.

It was out doing next stop announcement testing. Best time to do it, when not many people are about.
(07 Nov 2013, 7:59 pm)benwell3031 wrote I seen this merc doing reversing in Metro Centre Coach Park at about 1300.

The photo I got of it was at half 2, Just out of curiosity are 57reg Artics Staying off the 58, so they can used on the on X40 and the extra X66's over the Festive Period.
(07 Nov 2013, 8:13 pm)citaro5284 wrote It was out doing next stop announcement testing. Best time to do it, when not many people are about.

How does the next stop announcement trigger by the way? I assume it's beyond Nexus to fork out for the infrastructure for all operators to take advantage of, so my thoughts are it works with some sort of on-board GPS unit? Curious that's all.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(07 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm)aureolin wrote How does the next stop announcement trigger by the way? I assume it's beyond Nexus to fork out for the infrastructure for all operators to take advantage of, so my thoughts are it works with some sort of on-board GPS unit? Curious that's all.

It does. It is done through Hanover Displays. Link below gives you an idea. It knows when it leaves a stop as it is also linked to when the driver closes the doors along with the GPS.

http://www.hanoverdisplays.com/index.php...ystem.html

NL63 YAH also arrived yesterday
(08 Nov 2013, 7:51 am)citaro5284 wrote NL63 YAH also arrived yesterday

They arriving quite quick, 2 more today?

Can they get delivered over the weekend?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Nov 2013, 7:51 am)citaro5284 wrote NL63 YAH also arrived yesterday

What time did that arrive as I was at Saltmeadows for only a few minutes as got off the 94 then pretty much got straight back on 93 to go back to Heworth after I had taken a few photos.
(08 Nov 2013, 11:26 am)Adam Malarkey wrote What time did that arrive as I was at Saltmeadows for only a few minutes as got off the 94 then pretty much got straight back on 93 to go back to Heworth after I had taken a few photos.

Earlier in the day
(08 Nov 2013, 5:04 pm)Michael wrote The new Saltwell Park logo is now on the GNE page for the 53/54 + the timetable has being updated for the new style brand.

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/saltwell-park/

60 now has the new Drifter brand for its timetable.
61 now has its Simplicity timetable.

Streetlites only Euro 4? Or has someone just not changed the logo on the page?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook