Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017

Jamie M
Unregistered
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017
(11 Jan 2017, 1:07 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Hopefully they'll work better, then.
Where do I put my samsung adaptive charging charger now? My S6 relies on plugs to charge above 1%/day 😛

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
Unregistered
One of the DD streetlites has been painted, with tag lines as noted above. Couldn't get ID.

(11 Jan 2017, 4:31 pm)Jamie M wrote One of the DD streetlites has been painted, with tag lines as noted above. Couldn't get ID.

DD Streetlites?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Jan 2017, 7:23 pm)JP6004 wrote Durham Diamond

Ohhh Tongue

Jamie M do you mean "branded" and not painted?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(11 Jan 2017, 7:39 pm)Michael wrote Ohhh

Jamie M do you mean "branded" and not painted?
Yes, sorry. Got me terminology the wrong way round!

(11 Jan 2017, 10:58 am)Michael wrote Go North East have uploaded a picture of the new Durham Durham Streetlites (Can't make it any bigger for some reason), photo is from https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/timesfares/16#timetable)

Brand is the same expect it has the same style side route info as the Prince Bishops.

At least the places served are un the right direction on this one - Sunderland and Durham being the wrong way around is a something that bugs me a little. This isn't me saying that it doesn't do what it is intended to do though
(11 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm)Jamie M wrote Where do I put my samsung adaptive charging charger now? My S6 relies on plugs to charge above 1%/day ?

My thoughts exactly...! For me, USB chargers merely hold the charge rather than increase it.
I really hope the bus industry isn't going to start shying away from actual plug sockets.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(11 Jan 2017, 9:22 pm)northern156 wrote My thoughts exactly...! For me, USB chargers merely hold the charge rather than increase it.
I really hope the bus industry isn't going to start shying away from actual plug sockets.

I've got an S6 too. I always use the USB on the 20/56 etc and mine charges fine
(11 Jan 2017, 9:22 pm)northern156 wrote My thoughts exactly...! For me, USB chargers merely hold the charge rather than increase it.
Really depends on what you are doing whilst charging through the USB's, if you have a fair few energy draining apps running, it barely charges the phone at all but they work okay if you limit the phone activity I've found.

I personally would rather have weak USB's rather than plugs which often don't work on buses.
(11 Jan 2017, 8:36 pm)S813 FVK wrote At least the places served are un the right direction on this one - Sunderland and Durham being the wrong way around is a something that bugs me a little. This isn't me saying that it doesn't do what it is intended to do though

Durham Diamond doesn't serve Sunderland !?!

What about Services 6 (former Diamond to Newcastle), X30/1, X71/0.being branded under a new service/ brand serving West Durham (Consett/Stanley) with New Buses? 

I suggest Northern (Strong brand in this area) & Northern Express or bringing back West Durham Swift/Express, or maybe extend Venture to larger vehicles (especially Consett routes where Venture is established).

Sick of poor quality Decker Cast Offs being used when not required for Scholars!
(11 Jan 2017, 9:52 pm)Venturego wrote Durham Diamond doesn't serve Sunderland !?!

I was referring to the Prince Bishops examples, apologies for not being clear. I thought I'd included the Prince Bishops name but must have went back to reword my post and forgot to add it back in:

[Image: 31130681732_49570e63f9.jpg]Go North East: 5437 / NK16BWY by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
8328 looking extremely smart in the new corporate livery I have to say, done exactly the same as the Solos at Riverside without the Taglines.
Just noticed these two tweets relating to the X10 and issues with the allocated vehicle.

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/8...2805402624
https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/8...5460031488

Initially it was vehicle issues which caused it to run late and then a further issue had meant it isn't departing Boro at all.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
I'm surprised rest of the Quaylink are yet to receive WIFI as only 5385 - 5388 have it, obvious reason why though, as they came from "Citylink 58".
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jan 2017, 11:05 am)Ds1197 wrote Does anyone when a Streetlite will be consett  heading towards Durham?

5444 should be due in Consett about now 12:34 with DD branding.
(12 Jan 2017, 12:16 pm)Jimmi wrote Durham Diamond branded 5442 is the 12:20 16A from Durham.

It's fine I'm on 5444 leaving Consett now
Jamie M
Unregistered
(12 Jan 2017, 2:50 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I put almost 1km onto our eggs, this afternoon, and went critical twice!

You what?
I don't speak this pokeyball language!

Jamie M
Unregistered
6143 has now been branded. It looks rather bland, to be honest. Couldn't see exactly what it was for.

There was chat somewhere (can't find it despite looking) about the spare Gemini's at Chester having a bit of a tart up.

It's a shame they didn't get to finish off 3963. Apart from the back row of seats that are in a new moquette, the rest of the downstairs saloon are minging.

Hopefully the two attached photos show the seats in their full glory.
.jpg 3963 1.jpg
.jpg 3963 2.jpg
'Illegitimis non carborundum'