Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
(08 Nov 2013, 5:28 pm)aureolin wrote Streetlites only Euro 4? Or has someone just not changed the logo on the page?

that might take them a good few month to update all the pages :p

na but their Euro 5
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Nov 2013, 5:04 pm)Michael wrote The new Saltwell Park logo is now on the GNE page for the 53/54 + the timetable has being updated for the new style brand.

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/saltwell-park/

60 now has the new Drifter brand for its timetable.
61 now has its Simplicity timetable.

Blimey they even have FINALLY put the Lambton Worm and Centurion brands online!
(08 Nov 2013, 5:40 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Blimey they even have FINALLY put the Lambton Worm and Centurion brands online!

Ye. only after months and months!!! =D
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Nov 2013, 5:43 pm)Michael wrote Ye. only after months and months!!! =D

More like Years when it comes to the Lambton Worm, perhaps GNE deem it Important now that it has Versas from this Upcoming Monday.
(08 Nov 2013, 5:47 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote More like Years when it comes to the Lambton Worm, perhaps GNE deem it Important now that it has Versas from this Upcoming Monday.

Ye, The Streetshuttle logo should be removed in a couple of weeks time to.

The SOLO SR's should start arriving soon since it's November, wonder what colour they will turn up in..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(08 Nov 2013, 5:49 pm)Michael wrote Ye, The Streetshuttle logo should be removed in a couple of weeks time to.

The SOLO SR's should start arriving soon since it's November, wonder what colour they will turn up in..

What length are the Solo SR's?
(08 Nov 2013, 5:49 pm)Michael wrote Ye, The Streetshuttle logo should be removed in a couple of weeks time to.

I think they'll start arriving the week commencing Monday 25th November as GNE need to Repaint the Saltwell Park Versas/South Tyne Cadets and the Remaining FAB56 Solars so that'll give them 2 Weeks to short them out once all the Drifter/Saltwell Park Streetlites have been transferred over to there respective Depot. Most of the Versas for the 58 have Arrived and quite a few are already Branded. So Saltmeadows should have a bit time on there hands to do these repaints.
Site Administrator
(08 Nov 2013, 6:28 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I think they'll start arriving the week commencing Monday 25th November as GNE need to Repaint the Saltwell Park Versas/South Tyne Cadets and the Remaining FAB56 Solars so that'll give them 2 Weeks to short them out once all the Drifter/Saltwell Park Streetlites have been transferred over to there respective Depot. Most of the Versas for the 58 have Arrived and quite a few are already Branded. So Saltmeadows should have a bit time on there hands to do these repaints.

I was under the impression that only one vehicle is away from a depot at a time, and one xxxx branded vehicle is repainted per week?
So two weeks isn't enough time to sort out the Fab56s, Drifters, Parks, South Tynes and Cobalt Clippers really - normal work will continue as and when deliveries arrive.
(08 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm)Dan wrote I was under the impression that only one vehicle is away from a depot at a time, and one xxxx branded vehicle is repainted per week?
So two weeks isn't enough time to sort out the Fab56s, Drifters, Parks, South Tynes and Cobalt Clippers really - normal work will continue as and when deliveries arrive.

So that'll mean Washington will have Branded South Tyne/Saltwell Parks out in service then for a few weeks possibly on the M2/M3 etc, could always send them up to Thorntons a Repaint/Branding as GNE are tight on time to be honset. And I forgot about the Cobalt Clipper Repaints.
Site Administrator
(08 Nov 2013, 6:51 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote So that'll mean Washington will have Branded South Tyne/Saltwell Parks out in service then for a few weeks possibly on the M2/M3 etc, could always send them up to Thorntons a Repaint/Branding as GNE are tight on time to be honset. And I forgot about the Cobalt Clipper Repaints.

Even with the aid of Thorntons, I believe the 'one per week' rule still stands.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(08 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm)Dan wrote I was under the impression that only one vehicle is away from a depot at a time, and one xxxx branded vehicle is repainted per week?

The fab 56 repaints will continue as they have been, however, they are little bit pushed for the parks. There's no way all of them are going to be ready for a next Sunday branding of South Tyne vehicles. There's still 8307-8309 drifters that need repainting. I expect they'll debrand the vehicles and just have the plain green Versa's operating on the 39, so a similar thing may happen with the Saltwell Park.
It may not be a good time to relaunch the M2/M3.

It's not finalised yet but there's going to be some serious disruption through Birtley as a result of a new housing development (Birtley Lane) and the supermarket.

Will obviously effect 21, 28 and Arriva's X2 and X24.
(08 Nov 2013, 7:22 pm)gtomlinson wrote It may not be a good time to relaunch the M2/M3.

It's not finalised yet but there's going to be some serious disruption through Birtley as a result of a new housing development (Birtley Lane) and the supermarket.

Will obviously effect 21, 28 and Arriva's X2 and X24.

Where on Birtley Lane is the housing development?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(08 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm)andreos1 wrote Where on Birtley Lane is the housing development?

It's the development around Mount Pleasant but as part of the agreement to build the housing Persimmon will have to rebuild several road junctions around the area including those at Birtley Lane/Durham Road

There's going to be a raft of restrictions but its not yet finalised so I can't really say too much

Edit - anyone going through Birtley may have noticed the removal of the bus shelter opposite the Morrisons Development and its replacement with a temporary stand further down Durham Road, this is part of the upcoming disruption
(08 Nov 2013, 7:33 pm)gtomlinson wrote It's the development around Mount Pleasant but as part of the agreement to build the housing Persimmon will have to rebuild several road junctions around the area including those at Birtley Lane/Durham Road

There's going to be a raft of restrictions but its not yet finalised so I can't really say too much

Haven't heard a thing about new houses there.

Obviously the junction was changed when the new road was built off Birtley Lane by the Church/the Grove - so I am guessing there will be some improvements outside the Red Lion/Church at the very minimum.
PB0002400/514 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: FRAMWELLGATE MOOR, NEW COLLEGE
Finish Point: DURHAM NORTH ROAD/COUNTY HOSPITAL
Via:
Service Number: PR5
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 14-NOV-2013
Other Details: 14th November 2013 until 17th November 2013 only Thursday to Sunday
Site Administrator
(08 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm)Dan wrote There's a Drifter bus outside McDonalds at Sunderland today.

Said bus being 5369:
[Image: 537323_10202426499803443_1661560962_n.jpg]
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(08 Nov 2013, 10:22 pm)Dan wrote Said bus being 5369:

Oh strange it 5376 at Seaham yesterday, you'd of thought they'd use the same vehicle. Has anyone seen any out on the road?
(08 Nov 2013, 6:21 pm)CatsFast101 wrote What length are the Solo SR's?

Sorry for the late reply, not sure, they might be the same as the current ones
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Nov 2013, 10:32 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Oh strange it 5376 at Seaham yesterday, you'd of thought they'd use the same vehicle. Has anyone seen any out on the road?

Why would they use the same vehicle?
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(08 Nov 2013, 10:36 pm)citaro5284 wrote Why would they use the same vehicle?

Why wouldn't they use the same vehicle?
(08 Nov 2013, 10:37 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Why wouldn't they use the same vehicle?

Surely it'd make sense to just use whatever is free? Same or different. Guess there's preparation work needs to be done on the vehicles before they go into service.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(08 Nov 2013, 10:22 pm)Dan wrote Said bus being 5369:

That body really suits the new Drifter livery - the front end looks stylish especially with keeping to a simple logo on the front with a nice bright livery on the rear half...lets hope the Parks come out looking decent too.
Site Administrator
(08 Nov 2013, 10:56 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote That body really suits the new Drifter livery - the front end looks stylish especially with keeping to a simple logo on the front with a nice bright livery on the rear half...lets hope the Parks come out looking decent too.

I understand the first Park is fully branded now, and due to be transferred to Gateshead early next week for driver familiarisation.
I have had a thought and I think GNE should order a further 11 Gemini 2's to Replace 05/06 Reg Geminis on the Ten/TTX/Red Arrows and Angel, Thus allowing 4 of the 05/06 Regs to go onto DFDS and 2 Northern and the other how it is as GNE's Cash Cow. The other 4 Gemini 2's would go onto the X66 to Replace the rest of the Artics.

And as I am currently living at my Dads Flat in Deckham till Sunday when he comes back off Holiday, I have used the 58 Daily going into Gateshead/Newcastle and to Heworth, and have to say I am sticking to my comments from a Few Months back, that GNE are making a Big Mistake bringing in Versas, Take Tonight for example I got on the 16:24 from Gateshead Interchange heading towards Heworth and it was Packed to the Rafters with Standees up to the Back of the Bus which was a X66 Bendy, tbh I was quite shocked at how full it was having seen Numerous Comments about Passenger Numbers over the past few Months.
(08 Nov 2013, 11:51 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I have had a thought and I think GNE should order a further 11 Gemini 2's to Replace 05/06 Reg Geminis on the Ten/TTX/Red Arrows and Angel, Thus allowing 4 of the 05/06 Regs to go onto DFDS and 2 Northern and the other how it is as GNE's Cash Cow. The other 4 Gemini 2's would go onto the X66 to Replace the rest of the Artics.

And as I am currently living at my Dads Flat in Deckham till Sunday when he comes back off Holiday, I have used the 58 Daily going into Gateshead/Newcastle and to Heworth, and have to say I am sticking to my comments from a Few Months back, that GNE are making a Big Mistake bringing in Versas, Take Tonight for example I got on the 16:24 from Gateshead Interchange heading towards Heworth and it was Packed to the Rafters with Standees up to the Back of the Bus which was a X66 Bendy, tbh I was quite shocked at how full it was having seen Numerous Comments about Passenger Numbers over the past few Months.

Don't be silly man, us mere mortal passengers/enthusiasts don't know a thing Wink

How often has the 1 been discussed since the idea was first mooted about extending it south of the river?
Did it work the first time? Is it working now?

Then there is the 58 as you mentioned above...

There are many more examples of mistakes(too many to remember) being made (not just GNE), but who are we to judge or comment when two or three 'insiders' insist that we are wrong each and every time?
(08 Nov 2013, 11:51 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote The other 4 Gemini 2's would go onto the X66 to Replace the rest of the Artics.

X66 would then not be able to use Centrelink
(09 Nov 2013, 12:03 am)andreos1 wrote There are many more examples of mistakes(too many to remember) being made (not just GNE), but who are we to judge or comment when two or three 'insiders' insist that we are wrong each and every time?

So to prove your point, Adam wants to use double deckers on the X66 which cannot go on Centrelink for the low bridge.

And then you say 'insiders' insist we are wrong each time.........
(09 Nov 2013, 12:08 am)citaro5284 wrote X66 would then not be able to use Centrelink

it can use going to the Merocentre, but coming back it cant because of the low bridge next to the High Level Bridge, thing is the X66 doesn't really need to use the Centrelink as when I get on it usually goes straight up the Motorway when coming out of Gateshead.
It's also the QEII Metro Bridge that is low aswell as the one next to the High Level.

And to add at the minute. The X66 is unable to use the Centrelink heading Westbound due to the roadworks at the Railway Bridge at the bottom of West Street, which have also caused Hill Street to be closed off.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.