Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017
Has 5248 or 5249 transferred to Stanley?, sure I seen a new corporate liveried scania on the 45/46 earlier.
Had the indigo solo left peterlee to north Tyneside yet?. Just that 698 is doing service work at peterlee while an indigo is doing staff shuttles and service 700 at deptford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(21 Mar 2017, 12:48 pm)cbma06 wrote Had the indigo solo left peterlee to north Tyneside yet?. Just that 698 is doing service work at peterlee while an indigo is doing staff shuttles and service 700 at deptford

It has. Photoed it on the 40 this morning.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Wonder which service will receive WIFI next?, not including the service(s) which will gain the ex Blaydon Racer Citaro's.

I think the Loop will get the Citaro's, 9 Citaro's - 8 for the PVR plus one spare, the Loop Scania's to replace older Scania's in the fleet and the 3 remaining B10's. 

In the 2017/2018 financial year, i think the Green/Blue Arrow will receive new buses, hence why i think the "Loop" will receive the ex Blaydon Racer ones.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Mar 2017, 5:57 pm)Michael wrote Wonder which service will receive WIFI next?, not including the service(s) which will gain the ex Blaydon Racer Citaro's.

I think the Loop will get the Citaro's, 9 Citaro's - 8 for the PVR plus one spare, the Loop Scania's to replace older Scania's in the fleet and the 3 remaining B10's. 

In the 2017/2018 financial year, i think the Green/Blue Arrow will receive new buses, hence why i think the "Loop" will receive the ex Blaydon Racer ones.

I agree with Blue Arrow and Green Arrow getting new buses, especially as the 11 seems to be growing in passenger numbers (probably as people around here still don't know which bus goes where!)

See a few 11s with high passenger numbers heading towards Newcastle from Wallsend but never seems to be as busy heading back for some reason.
(21 Mar 2017, 6:58 pm)Tom wrote I agree with Blue Arrow and Green Arrow getting new buses, especially as the 11 seems to be growing in passenger numbers (probably as people around here still don't know which bus goes where!)

See a few 11s with high passenger numbers heading towards Newcastle from Wallsend but never seems to be as busy heading back for some reason.

Don't know why they don't withdraw the gateshead terminating 1s now that the 11 is on during the day  most passengers seem to just get on first to arrive now. Also stand C is getting ridiculous at gateshead as services 1. 11 and 53 all stand ages before departure and it's crazy for those of us trying to get 28A or 29. The latter two should relocate to stand D now that doesn't get used except for metro replacement.
Are the 2 Venture Solos now based at Percy Main going to be repainted for their New duties at Percy Main or are they likely to stay in Venture colours with the view that they will return to Stanley once suitable vehicles have been sourced for Percy Mains duties.

Likewise is the Indigo East Durham Solo now based at Percy Main likely to have its branding updated to reflect that of Indigo North Tyne?
(21 Mar 2017, 10:08 pm)thetravelman wrote Are the 2 Venture Solos now based at Percy Main going to be repainted for their New duties at Percy Main or are they likely to stay in Venture colours with the view that they will return to Stanley once suitable vehicles have been sourced for Percy Mains duties.

Likewise is the Indigo East Durham Solo now based at Percy Main likely to have its branding updated to reflect that of Indigo North Tyne?

Yes, the Venture Solos will be repainted as there is no reason for them to return to Stanley now 710-714 have started to enter service (I suspect 648 and 649 will also transfer out although I would say unlikely to Percy Main).
649 was seen dragging its rear around Stanley with what looks to be a suspension fault - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

651 is operating at Percy Main still with the Peterlee version of the Indigo livery. Seen in Rosehill on Tuesday Morning - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

707 has now entered service at Peterlee and seen on the 923s at Rainton Bridge at teatime on Tuesday- https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...764595553/

710 looking brand new in East Stanley - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

Also 713 in Annfield Plain - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

4955 seen on the 41 on Tuesday morning in Rosehill - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

5240 seen on the 30 this afternoon - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Jamie M
Unregistered
[Image: a2648e24f866cd4d0b3caf6ade00bc87.jpg]
Timetable updates, buses and tag lines featured. I think it's interesting how the format has been changed to "{month}{year} edition".
(22 Mar 2017, 12:48 pm)Jamie M wrote [Image: a2648e24f866cd4d0b3caf6ade00bc87.jpg]
Timetable updates, buses and tag lines featured. I think it's interesting how the format has been changed to "{month}{year} edition".

It's says edition, as timetable updated but there's no change of service, busways and stagecoach and go ahead northern all used to have the edition when there's no change to service and only thing is new is paper timetables.

Jamie M
Unregistered
(22 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm)cbma06 wrote It's says edition, as timetable updated but there's no change of service, busways and stagecoach and go ahead northern all used to have the edition when there's no change to service and only thing is new is paper timetables.

Thameside council use "change leaflets" showing only the runs that have changed, which is extremely hard to follow. I've never seen this on time tables, though.
thought i would mention that told of a hexham driver that X85 will be extending to bellingham and that the 682 & 680 merginging into 1 route its all tals but would be good. Also to point it out if the 49/49A has recieved streetlites and the durham diamond 16/16A has could potentially see the 57 and 35/35A/36 recieve them too. The only mercedes benz citaros in the fleet without wifi is the see it do it sunderland yet the 57 route is only 1 hour 19 minuteslong but the 35 is 106(?) minutes long which in my eyes it should have wifi.
(23 Mar 2017, 4:18 pm)Ryan99 wrote NK07KPG is in all black base
93/94 ?

Looks like it, or the Toonlink unless another brand is getting a redesign but i would say the "Loop".
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Mar 2017, 4:23 pm)Michael wrote Looks like it, or the Toonlink unless another brand is getting a redesign but i would say the "Loop".

I would say they are for the 12/12A and the Omnicities have been mentioned about possibly going to Stanley?
(23 Mar 2017, 6:10 pm)Sinky.1 wrote 6017 has transferred from Chester-le-Street Depot to Crook, yet again.Angel

Was on X25 yesterday and today. Are you sure?
(23 Mar 2017, 5:59 pm)Tom wrote I would say they are for the 12/12A and the Omnicities have been mentioned about possibly going to Stanley?

Only 5 are needed but probables include one spare.

Wonder where the rest of the Citaro's would go?, Deptford for the 9 to be full Citaro or the 61?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Mar 2017, 7:44 pm)Michael wrote Only 5 are needed but probables include one spare.

Wonder where the rest of the Citaro's would go?, Deptford for the 9 to be full Citaro or the 61?

Suggestion :-

5275/76/77/78/79 onto 12/12A, 5280/81/82/83 spare for 12/12A/27/57, with 5331/5332 to Deptford for 9.
(23 Mar 2017, 8:01 pm)Michael wrote Would they need 4 spares though, the 27 and 57 already have 3.

Would get rid of a few older vehicles though.
(23 Mar 2017, 8:03 pm)S813 FVK wrote Would get rid of a few older vehicles though.

But why Riverside, Deptford could use with another one too, as it seems the ones on the 35/36 are always off the road.

If the 9 is to gain a full allocation, 3 spares should be allocated. (one of the See it Do it Citaro's included in that 3) 

I hope after the Citylink 57 Citaro's get refurbished, the Citaro's at Deptford go next, hopefully that awful brand on the 35/36 will be removed!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.