You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes
(11 Apr 2017, 8:05 am)Michael wrote Oh dear......  not sure what they could cut/change for Stockton's services, don't know much about them haha

Wonder if the people from the Go North East thread who moan about that they constantly cut services will appear here!

Why would they? Stagecoach don't constantly cut services! Newcastle has just had its first major service review since 2003...
(11 Apr 2017, 9:38 am)RBZ 5459 wrote Hasn't been ruled out yet, but I doubt it given the changes in comparison to Newcastle, with the changes there more drastic to the network structure and re-routing - rather than just re-timings. Also to note, the three public consultation of the Newcastle network were announced shortly after it made the press.

Yes but as we know the changes have already been submitted on Vosa so consultation most likely not going to take place
(11 Apr 2017, 10:03 am)ifm001 wrote Yes but as we know the changes have already been submitted on Vosa so consultation most likely not going to take place

As were the Newcastle ones. Submissions to VOSA at the start of March with the last public consultation only being last week - in fact a further variation to the Newcastle 10/11 went in this week.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

(11 Apr 2017, 8:05 am)Michael wrote Oh dear......  not sure what they could cut/change for Stockton's services, don't know much about them haha

Wonder if the people from the Go North East thread who moan about that they constantly cut services will appear here!

Whilst not condoning the cuts at all, maybe the number of people affected will be smaller?
Will the cuts lead to passengers having to use multiple buses and as result see them paying more to get somewhere, following the axing of direct links?

The answer to those questions, may answer your own.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(11 Apr 2017, 10:30 am)RBZ 5459 wrote As were the Newcastle ones. Submissions to VOSA at the start of March with the last public consultation only being last week - in fact a further variation to the Newcastle 10/11 went in this week.

That is abuse of the system. Should not be allowed to cut services giving the 56 days notice and then be allowed to get dispensation to add them back on bit by bit. Dispensation should be for exceptional/unforeseen circumstances.
(11 Apr 2017, 7:48 am)Kuyoyo wrote Also mentioned:
  • 12: Minor timetable changes, evening service withdrawn (was nearly cut back to hourly)
  • E1/E2/E6: Revised terminus in Sunderland - now on John Street and Fawcett Street rather than serving Park Lane

I wonder what the surplus ADL E300s will be used on assuming a few less vehicles will be needed when the changes take effect.

I assume 39701/07/08 & 37143/4 will be a few of the vehicles that will be transferring elsewhere.
(11 Apr 2017, 3:55 pm)AIG20 wrote I wonder what the surplus ADL E300s will be used on assuming a few less vehicles will be needed when the changes take effect.

I assume 39701/07/08 & 37143/4 will be a few of the vehicles that will be transferring elsewhere.

There might not be many surplus E300s, or indeed any, as the E1/E2/E6 services currently struggle to keep to time at all times of day, and this might be a way of improving reliability but not increasing resources. It may result in regulation and time correcting being less common on those routes. Costs of operation will still drop as this takes Stagecoach out of Sunderland Interchange completely, thus saving on departure charges.

I reckon the 30 and X20 will interwork with the 10 and 11 at opposite half hours. No reductions have been announced for any other routes apart from 3/4/7/8. X34 might be a timing change for some trips, as I know the first trip to Newcastle Monday to Friday mornings is often late arriving at Pilgrim Street.
(11 Apr 2017, 4:54 pm)missedbus wrote There might not be many surplus E300s, or indeed any, as the E1/E2/E6 services currently struggle to keep to time at all times of day, and this might be a way of improving reliability but not increasing resources. It may result in regulation and time correcting being less common on those routes. Costs of operation will still drop as this takes Stagecoach out of Sunderland Interchange completely, thus saving on departure charges.

I reckon the 30 and X20 will interwork with the 10 and 11 at opposite half hours. No reductions have been announced for any other routes apart from 3/4/7/8. X34 might be a timing change for some trips, as I know the first trip to Newcastle Monday to Friday mornings is often late arriving at Pilgrim Street.

Indeed, The new terminus of the E1/2/6 will not affect the PVR, But will probably add a extra min or two to layover period they get in Sunderland, Reducing the frequency of the E's would be a catastrophe.

Bear in mind the Lindisfarne Roadwork's don't conclude to around the middle of August, And that the 10/11 are now split into the 10A/B - 11A/B during the day, So I would expect these to go standalone until the roadworks end to give extra running time/layover at the Shields end.

30 and X20 are expected to be going hourly, So these would be likely interwork.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Few more details on this leaflet... 

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/media-libr....pdf?la=en

Service 10/11 change is serving full length of Hillsview Avenue in North Kenton on inbound journeys. Outbound will still go via Kirkwood Drive.

Service 1 will no longer stop on Market Street on westbound journeys.

More consultation events have been announced. Again concentrating on Westerhope. Not sure why it is getting such special treatment! It does say more events are planned over the next few months.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...9036fa5d42
(12 Apr 2017, 7:09 pm)markydh wrote Few more details on this leaflet... 

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/media-libr....pdf?la=en

Service 10/11 change is serving full length of Hillsview Avenue in North Kenton on inbound journeys. Outbound will still go via Kirkwood Drive.

Service 1 will no longer stop on Market Street on westbound journeys.

More consultation events have been announced. Again concentrating on Westerhope. Not sure why it is getting such special treatment! It does say more events are planned over the next few months.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...9036fa5d42

Because Northern drivers tend to hog the bus stop I suspect. Too much at the Co-op stop.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

(12 Apr 2017, 11:58 pm)RBZ 5459 wrote Because Northern drivers tend to hog the bus stop I suspect. Too much at the Co-op stop.

Probably because the 27 & 58 terminate/ start at that stop?

However, I dont understand what was wrong last night. There was only the 57 on the stand, SNE bus stopped in middle of road forcing someone in a wheelchair to get up and step on to the bus as the bus driver couldn't be bothered to pull up to the kerb.....also created a tailback of cars in the meantime
(21 Apr 2017, 5:40 pm)topsweep1506 wrote Daft question is there a bus rally on this weekend?
Just wondering as ive got to get a bus ready tonight as its going to one on sunday

Aye there is, The Middlesbrough running day on Sunday though I don't know if that's the right name or not.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(21 Apr 2017, 5:50 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Aye there is, The Middlesbrough running day on Sunday though I don't know if that's the right name or not.

Ah good stuff Walkergate MMC 10638 will be going down
I nipped into Dalton Park earlier and noticed how tight the bus turning circle is. I presume Stagecoach would have tested it but 54045 is a very long vehicle! It could have to use the car park to turn around on the X55
Changes to Service 38 from Sunday 7 May 2017

04 May 2017

Following customer requests, we are pleased to announce that the route of Service 38 is revised at Norton Glebe.

From Norton Green, service 38 buses will once again operate a terminal loop via Junction Road and Norton Glebe, returning via Weaverham Road, Ashton Road, The Glebe and Junction Road.

Services 36 and 37 remain unchanged.

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...017May.pdf

Still nothing on the X55.......
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Introducing new Express Coach Service X55 from Saturday 20 May 2017
05 May 2017
Following customer requests, we are launching an extra-special Saturday express coach service linking Stockton, Billingham, Greatham and Hartlepool with Dalton Park and Newcastle.

Coaches will provide up to 3 return trips on Saturdays, offering up some great days out!

Special day return fares are available on this special service:

Stockton, Billingham, Hartlepool or Dalton Park to Newcastle:   £8.00

Stockton or Billingham to Dalton Park:   £6.00

Hartlepool to Dalton Park:   £4.50

Timetable here: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...017May.pdf

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:27:11:056

----------------------------

Changes to Service 8 from Sunday 21 May 201705 May 2017

Due to Nexus contract changes, evening and Sunday trips on Service 8 will no longer be operated by Stagecoach.

As a consequence, Stagecoach Megariders, Dayriders, Uniriders and VIP tickets will not be accepted on these evening and Sunday journeys.

Customers who wish to travel on the Monday to Saturday daytime Stagecoach Service 8, as well as the other operator’s evening and Sunday trips, are recommended to purchase a 1-week “£14 Sunderland Smartzone” product from their Stagecoach driver, as this product is valid on both operators’ services.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(05 May 2017, 9:07 am)Michael wrote Still nothing on the X55.......

They must be watching...!!!
(05 May 2017, 4:44 pm)Michael wrote Introducing new Express Coach Service X55 from Saturday 20 May 2017
05 May 2017
Following customer requests, we are launching an extra-special Saturday express coach service linking Stockton, Billingham, Greatham and Hartlepool with Dalton Park and Newcastle.

Coaches will provide up to 3 return trips on Saturdays, offering up some great days out!

Special day return fares are available on this special service:

Stockton, Billingham, Hartlepool or Dalton Park to Newcastle:   £8.00

Stockton or Billingham to Dalton Park:   £6.00

Hartlepool to Dalton Park:   £4.50

Timetable here: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...017May.pdf

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:27:11:056

----------------------------

Changes to Service 8 from Sunday 21 May 201705 May 2017

Due to Nexus contract changes, evening and Sunday trips on Service 8 will no longer be operated by Stagecoach.

As a consequence, Stagecoach Megariders, Dayriders, Uniriders and VIP tickets will not be accepted on these evening and Sunday journeys.

Customers who wish to travel on the Monday to Saturday daytime Stagecoach Service 8, as well as the other operator’s evening and Sunday trips, are recommended to purchase a 1-week “£14 Sunderland Smartzone” product from their Stagecoach driver, as this product is valid on both operators’ services.

Whilst explorers may not be the best value for the journeys that aren't highlighted, I cant help feeling they are for the longer trips. If passenger trends lead to the explorer being bought, it may have some impact on the sustainability of the service.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
PB0002404/29 Registered (Short notice)
BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD
Route: South Shields Mile End Road to South Shields The Lonnen
Service number: 12ss (12)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 04 Jun 2017
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 May 2017, 6:32 pm)ifm001 wrote South Shields changes from 04 June are all on the stagecoach website now. Timetables and route change details.

Does seem better for the E's not to go Park Lane, it can get congested some days at peak times, the E services are bad running together, some days 2 or 3 will come in the bus station at once and block every other stand.

Do wonder if we'll see NEXUS shuffle the stands around as stand P will be free.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
PB0002404/19 Registered (Short notice)
BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD
Route: Fawcett Street to Pennywell
Service number: 20 (20)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 19 Jun 2017
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.