You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis
Do Gateshead CT issue proper tickets? Is it worth buying a Day Rover off one of their buses or is it going to be too much hassle using it on other operators services if it's handwritten.
(06 Apr 2018, 6:27 pm)Mark1 wrote Do Gateshead CT issue proper tickets? Is it worth buying a Day Rover off one of their buses or is it going to be too much hassle using it on other operators services if it's handwritten.

Yeah they do. They have the same ticket machines as Go North East without the QR code scanner.

On that topic, I have noticed a massive improvement with GCT. Always get a ticket when travelling (prior some of the drivers did not issue tickets for single journeys), very reliable too. Good to see improvements being made, and the new Bluebirds have USBs which is a bonus.
(09 Apr 2018, 11:36 am)Andreos1 wrote No idea if it's still out, but an orange President was out on the 37 this morning.

I think they may be having some problems with the Bluebirds, as I have not seen one on the 335 for a bit. A streetlite was on the 335 on Saturday, so it would make sense.
(09 Apr 2018, 11:36 am)Andreos1 wrote No idea if it's still out, but an orange President was out on the 37 this morning.

Probaly be the peak journey.
What time did you see It?

(09 Apr 2018, 12:07 pm)Tom wrote I think they may be having some problems with the Bluebirds, as I have not seen one on the 335 for a bit. A streetlite was on the 335 on Saturday, so it would make sense.

No problems with the Bluebirds just taking advantage of the school holidays to work on vehicles while the PVR is reduced.
(09 Apr 2018, 12:16 pm)S830OFT wrote Probaly be the peak journey.
What time did you see It?

Yes, it was one of the peak shorts.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(09 Apr 2018, 12:07 pm)Tom wrote I think they may be having some problems with the Bluebirds, as I have not seen one on the 335 for a bit. A streetlite was on the 335 on Saturday, so it would make sense.

The streetlights destination wasnt working when it was on 335 today. It had paper in front window with 335 on. Then on the 18 was the same. Not good for a 67 plate bus
(09 Apr 2018, 9:28 pm)Jordan2104 wrote The streetlights destination wasnt working when it was on 335 today. It had paper in front window with 335 on. Then on the 18 was the same. Not good for a 67 plate bus

Do they have more than 1 streetlite
I’m sure it was a 16 plate on I seen with the destinations also not working.
(09 Apr 2018, 10:32 pm)Tom wrote Do they have more than 1 streetlite
I’m sure it was a 16 plate on I seen with the destinations also not working.

Wright Streetlight WF's at Central Taxis are:
SL16YPE an 8.8 metre unit with 33 seats.
SK67FMY an 9.5 metre unit with 37 seats.
(10 Apr 2018, 6:44 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote Wright Streetlight WF's at Central Taxis are:
SL16YPE an 8.8 metre unit with 33 seats.
SK67FMY an 9.5 metre unit with 37 seats.

Great, thanks.
Orange decker heading southbound on the A1 past the Chester-le-Street junction on the back of a recovery truck yesterday. Didn't see which one it was unfortunately.
Site Administrator
Gateshead Central Taxis
Report to Nexus. It is a contractual requirement for them to have a bus allocated with working destination displays - as well as being a PSVAR requirement.

The odd occasion may be understandable, but I am sure Nexus would be interested to hear of this being repeated 4 days in a row.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
This is a consistent problem that is going away. after today I'm furious! The 592 skipped the route at Downhill 21 minutes away from the terminus and headed up Boldon bank top. This is not the first time he has done this and he think he can get away with it. I have reported him to Nexus twice and will do again about this incident as this is beyond a joke.

Can anyone confirm if this is against the law or any rules as in my opinion it's extremely serious as there could be potential passengers. This time skipping the route at Downhill now that's just terrible!

I hope this driver gets a disciplinary or sacked as he is not customer focused and feels he has a right to do what he likes.

(20 Apr 2018, 6:17 pm)S830OFT wrote This is a consistent problem that is going away. after today I'm furious! The 592 skipped the route at Downhill 21 minutes away from the terminus and headed up Boldon bank top. This is not the first time he has done this and he think he can get away with it. I have reported him to Nexus twice and will do again about this incident as this is beyond a joke.

Can anyone confirm if this is against the law or any rules as in my opinion it's extremely serious as there could be potential passengers. This time skipping the route at Downhill now that's just terrible!

I hope this driver gets a disciplinary or sacked as he is not customer focused and feels he has a right to do what he likes.

It looks like it is a standard registered service, so it should be running along a fixed route in accordance to the timetable. Push Nexus for a response to your complaint.

They were doing similar on the 37 when they first took over. Completely skipping out Biddick Woods.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(20 Apr 2018, 6:52 pm)Adrian wrote It looks like it is a standard registered service, so it should be running along a fixed route in accordance to the timetable. Push Nexus for a response to your complaint.

They were doing similar on the 37 when they first took over. Completely skipping out Biddick Woods.

Thanks I know after complaing about the Ex Durham County Council buses and the Renault masters being allocated they ended up no longer allocating them. I just hope next time this route is up for tender they don't gain it back as they are doing a awful job at running it.

(20 Apr 2018, 7:02 pm)S830OFT wrote Thanks I know after complaing about the Ex Durham County Council buses and the Renault masters being allocated they ended up no longer allocating them. I just hope next time this route is up for tender they don't gain it back as they are doing a awful job at running it.

It's not acceptable but I can see the drivers logic. He may be thinking it is a workers service and he is unlikely to pick anyone up so ends the route after all passengers have alighted. 

But as I said that's no excuse.
(23 May 2018, 4:51 pm)Michael wrote Loads of school contracts canceled on Vosa today, 23 has also been canceled.

Guess it looks like GCT are retaining the rest of the services then that were up for tender.

GNE getting the 23 maybe?
(23 May 2018, 5:08 pm)Tom wrote Guess it looks like GCT are retaining the rest of the services then that were up for tender.

GNE getting the 23 maybe?

More might appear in the next couple of days.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.