Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018
Can someone change 3995/6 to Percy Main please.

(07 Apr 2018, 12:10 am)JM03 wrote Can someone change 3995/6 to Percy Main please.
And any updates on 4899 , saw on 53 a couple of days ago but didn't get a last ride on it.
(06 Apr 2018, 5:18 pm)park5354 wrote Yutong Demo will start service at 10:15 from Gateshead Metro. Tomorrow (Saturday)
On Sunday, first trip is 10:05 from Gateshead.
On Mon-Fri, first trip will be 06:55.

It is here until 23 April, and will only be on same runs as above

Just worked X66 from the Metrocentre for the 10:15 departure.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

(07 Apr 2018, 7:48 am)TyneWearTeesGNE wrote There should be a picture there ??

Nothing appeared :0
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018
Crusader Merc on fire in Jarrow bus station. No services able to serve bus station.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
(07 Apr 2018, 12:35 pm)Swiny1 wrote Crusader Merc on fire in Jarrow bus station. No services able to serve bus station.

5319 it is, from the pictures I have seen it looks another write off.
My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018
Aye didn't look good when I passed over the top. Love Citaros to.

(07 Apr 2018, 1:26 pm)Pulsar wrote 5319 it is, from the pictures I have seen it looks another write off.

That's a total of 4 since last July: 5233, 8303, 5248 and now 5319. GNE aren't having much luck when it comes to buses going up in flames!
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018
Can anyone tell me where 6071 has dissapeared to.
And also 4991 is at riverside with the front pannel and the front right wherl pannel missing, it is presumably on death row as other solars are
Jamie M
Unregistered
[Image: 39496889350_a653a3c5d0_o.jpg]NK67GMY / 6320 - Wright Streetdeck by Jamie MP, on Flickr

Didn't realise the N21s had a display update.

[Image: unknown.png]

(08 Apr 2018, 12:37 am)Northern4555 wrote GNE got quite a few about 4/5 years back,but I don’t think any caught fire while in north east.they have all been dispersed around the country to various bus companies now.

Was there any particular fault with the mechanism of the bendy-buses? I thought the Citaros used the same engines in either case so therefore wouldn't be a specific issue to bendy buses. I'm uninformed.  Confused
(08 Apr 2018, 12:52 am)Jamie M wrote [Image: 39496889350_a653a3c5d0_o.jpg]NK67GMY / 6320 - Wright Streetdeck by Jamie MP, on Flickr

Didn't realise the N21s had a display update.

[Image: unknown.png]

Was there any particular fault with the mechanism of the bendy-buses? I thought the Citaros used the same engines in either case so therefore wouldn't be a specific issue to bendy buses. I'm uninformed.  Confused

It was something to do with the 'bendy' bit and the accordion they fitted to them.
When going around corners, stopping/starting etc, trained mice were there to operate the accordion and press the relevant keys.
However, mice being mice - they got up to mischief and chewed through one electrical wire too many. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dj-B730nYmM
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jamie M
Unregistered
(08 Apr 2018, 8:34 am)Andreos1 wrote It was something to do with the 'bendy' bit and the accordion they fitted to them.
When going around corners, stopping/starting etc, trained mice were there to operate the accordion and press the relevant keys.
However, mice being mice - they got up to mischief and chewed through one electrical wire too many. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dj-B730nYmM

Damn. Should've known that one. May I ask though, were they blind mice or not?
(08 Apr 2018, 9:57 am)Jamie M wrote Damn. Should've known that one. May I ask though, were they blind mice or not?

Don't be daft. We all know there was only three of them.
This fleet bendy Mercs needed a load more than three blind mice.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jamie M
Unregistered
(08 Apr 2018, 10:01 am)Andreos1 wrote Don't be daft. We all know there was only three of them.
This fleet bendy Mercs needed a load more than three blind mice.

I always dreamed that one day that Mickey would be our saviour in this dark time.
(07 Apr 2018, 8:19 pm)GNE6312 wrote Can anyone tell me where 6071 has dissapeared to.
And also 4991 is at riverside with the front pannel and the front right wherl pannel missing, it is presumably on death row as other solars are

Wondered which black cats solar it was. Been there for a couple of months now
(08 Apr 2018, 11:00 am)JM03 wrote Wondered which black cats solar it was. Been there for a couple of months now

4991 has been withdrawn since January,

Having incurred defects uneconomical to repair, this vehicle has been withdrawn from service at Deptford Depot. Originally intended to be retained and re-allocated to service 35 (Low Moorsley - Boldon Cinema) in line with service changes effective 28th January 2018 due to having exhaust modifications undertaken bringing the service up to a 'Euro 5' engine rating, the Eminox SCRT exhaust will be transferred to Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 5202 (NK54 NUV).

--------

Is it not time for someone to investigate these fires?, isn't this the 4th one in so many months?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.