You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

From Newcastle, what is the best service to and from Wallsend? I can get the Stagecoach 12 or 40 or I can get the GNE 11 or Q3, I think the Coaster 1/1A takes longer. I don't know where is best to post this.
RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2018
(01 Apr 2018, 7:47 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote From Newcastle, what is the best service to and from Wallsend? I can get the Stagecoach 12 or 40 or I can get the GNE 11 or Q3, I think the Coaster 1/1A takes longer. I don't know where is best to post this.

I always get 1 or 11. There quicker
(01 Apr 2018, 11:23 pm)Jordan2104 wrote I always get 1 or 11. There quicker

Thanks. I thought 11 was quickest, then Q3, then 1. Stagecoach 12 and 40 feel like they both take ages to get to Wallsend, no idea why. 

I will probably get the 11, I think. I come from a mostly Stagecoach area so it costs more to get a GNE service to Wallsend, but I think it's better anyway.
(02 Apr 2018, 12:56 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote Thanks. I thought 11 was quickest, then Q3, then 1. Stagecoach 12 and 40 feel like they both take ages to get to Wallsend, no idea why. 

I will probably get the 11, I think. I come from a mostly Stagecoach area so it costs more to get a GNE service to Wallsend, but I think it's better anyway.

According to the timetables, Stagecoach 22 only takes 1 minute longer than GNE 11 between the same two destinations, so may be a better option for you if you prefer Stagecoach.
(02 Apr 2018, 1:17 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote According to the timetables, Stagecoach 22 only takes 1 minute longer than GNE 11 between the same two destinations, so may be a better option for you if you prefer Stagecoach.

Yes, I forgot about the 22. Thanks, stagecoachbusdepot. I prefer GNE, but Stagecoach costs less because my area is Stagecoach. 

I used to get Stagecoach buses to and from Wallsend, but started getting a Day Rover so I could get the first bus that comes along.
(02 Apr 2018, 3:53 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Yes, I forgot about the 22. Thanks, stagecoachbusdepot. I prefer GNE, but Stagecoach costs less because my area is Stagecoach. 

I used to get Stagecoach buses to and from Wallsend, but started getting a Day Rover so I could get the first bus that comes along.

Does the smartzone weekly pass not help you if your in thy area, and want to get whichever bus arrives first
(02 Apr 2018, 4:00 pm)ifm001 wrote Does the smartzone weekly pass not help you if your in thy area, and want to get whichever bus arrives first

Unfortunately I don't need a weekly pass, otherwise a Smartzone would be helpful.  Thanks.
I ended up getting the Stagecoach 22 to and from Wallsend today. I wanted the GNE 11 but it wasn't a Blue Arrow Scania Wright Solar as I expected and wanted or a Blue Arrow OmniCity. I think it was a Scania Omnidekker. It was late too, so after letting many 22s go by I ended up getting the 22 which followed the 11 closely anyway.
(03 Apr 2018, 3:47 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote I ended up getting the Stagecoach 22 to and from Wallsend today.  I wanted the GNE 11 but it wasn't a Blue Arrow Scania Wright Solar as I expected and wanted or a Blue Arrow OmniCity. I think it was a Scania Omnidekker.  It was late too, so after letting many 22s go by I ended up getting the 22 which followed the 11 closely anyway.

Its funny cus i probably walked right past you,although you probably wont get a solar on the 11 now cus im sure they-re all withdrawn frim service
Kind Regards
Tez
(03 Apr 2018, 5:17 pm)V514DFT wrote Its funny cus i probably walked right past you,although you probably wont get a solar on the 11 now cus im sure they-re all withdrawn frim service

Really, what time?  I didn't know that. I got the Solar twice, I think. Usually I miss the 11 unfortunately. Today I had plenty of time and the 11 was even late, but I don't like the Omnidekkers. I'd like to see the Omnidekkers and Presidents withdrawn and new buses for the 11.
(03 Apr 2018, 6:28 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Really, what time?  I didn't know that. I got the Solar twice, I think. Usually I miss the 11 unfortunately. Today I had plenty of time and the 11 was even late, but I don't like the Omnidekkers. I'd like to see the Omnidekkers and Presidents withdrawn and new buses for the 11.

It was about 2pm i was in Wallsend,got bloody soaked
Kind Regards
Tez
Which Stagecoach buses have WiFi onboard?

Does Stagecoach NE plan on introducing NSAs in the future? Stagecoach does have NSAs somewhere.
(04 Apr 2018, 8:54 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Which Stagecoach buses have WiFi onboard?

Does Stagecoach NE plan on introducing NSAs in the future? Stagecoach does have NSAs somewhere.

Our Stagecoach fleet list here: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/list.php?operatorF=3

No Stagecoach buses up here have NSA's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(04 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm)Michael wrote Our Stagecoach fleet list here: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/list.php?operatorF=3

No Stagecoach buses up here have NSA's.

Thanks, Michael.

I can't remember where Stagecoach buses have NSAs, but I know nowhere up here does. I was asking if Stagecoach NE will introduce NSAs at some point.
They said at a Stockton bus forum they had no plans to but that was a while back. They said passengers had mixed feelings about them which is fair enough.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the reason for Hartlepool gaining ADL E200s for the 1 instead of more MAN E200s was due to timekeeping/reliability issues of the MAN E200s on that route? 
Just whenever I'm in Hartlepool there is several MAN E200s allocated to the 1 with the ADL's allocated to the town services. There was 5 on there today!
Site Administrator
(04 Apr 2018, 11:23 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Thanks, Michael.

I can't remember where Stagecoach buses have NSAs, but I know nowhere up here does. I was asking if Stagecoach NE will introduce NSAs at some point.

The provision of 'next stop' audio-visual announcements is quite likely to be mandatory in the near future, under the Bus Services Bill.
Site Administrator
(10 Apr 2018, 5:05 pm)Cock Robin wrote Angry

Surely that's a good thing? Making our public transport more accessible for the visually-impaired, boosting their confidence so they use public transport more often?
(10 Apr 2018, 5:19 pm)Dan wrote Surely that's a good thing? Making our public transport more accessible for the visually-impaired, boosting their confidence so they use public transport more often?

So in the near future while on the X34 I'll hear this "The Next Stop is Gateshead High Street where we will arrive in approximately 15 minutes
(10 Apr 2018, 5:42 pm)Ds1197 wrote So in the near future while on the X34 I'll hear this "The Next Stop is Gateshead High Street where we will arrive in approximately 15 minutes

Hopefully yes , it should give the oap’s time to gather there things together before arriving, also other passengers gather things together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(10 Apr 2018, 5:19 pm)Dan wrote Surely that's a good thing? Making our public transport more accessible for the visually-impaired, boosting their confidence so they use public transport more often?
Indeed. It never ceases to amaze me how utterly ignorant some people can be when it comes to accessibility needs. Same folk who hated low floor buses when they were first introduced.
RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018
On the subject of next stop announcements, I think for the visually impaired and those who are not sure where they are going, they can be very useful. However, they are not always on and sometimes they are behind.

Stagecoach previously saying passengers have mixed feelings about them as Cock Robin told me in this same thread, makes sense. Bus operators are serving ALL passengers, not SOME passengers who benefit from the announcements. I can see how they can be annoying when you don't need them. My opinion is as not all bus services have them within the same operator, they are unfair and pointless anyway. Stagecoach doesn't have them so again that is unfair. Either ALL services have them - GNE, Arriva, Stagecoach, GCT, Stanley Travel, Phoenix etc or none do. I am in favour of NSAs, but only if people need them and use them.

Stop names are inconsistent and that also causes some confusion.

I think for public transport accessibility NSAs will be mandatory in the future. Some people won't like it but some people most probably don't like not having them now.
(10 Apr 2018, 6:15 pm)markydh wrote Indeed. It never ceases to amaze me how utterly ignorant some people can be when it comes to accessibility needs. Same folk who hated low floor buses when they were first introduced.
I personally find that after a while, next stop announcements tend to become background noise to those passengers who aren't specifically listening out for them, I've had to listen to them day in, day out on the Sapphire 7 for over 4 years now and I only really notice them when I make an effort to actually listen out for them.
(10 Apr 2018, 7:33 pm)Jimmi wrote I personally find that after a while, next stop announcements tend to become background noise to those passengers who aren't specifically listening out for them, I've had to listen to them day in, day out on the Sapphire 7 for over 4 years now and I only really notice them when I make an effort to actually listen out for them.

On my regular routes i tend to tune them out, but when I'm exploring somewhere new, it's very useful to have a confirmation that you're where you think you are.

Most public transport in Germany uses some kind of next stop info provision, so it's more of a surprise that so few vehicles in the UK do it!
Information from "Steven Knight Media - Fleet News Ramblings":

Any reason why the below changes are taking place?

✤Stagecoach North East
MAN/East Lancs Kinetics 22514 & 22515 are in the process of being transferred from Slatyford to Stockton with MAN/ALX300s 22065 & 22066 moving from Stockton to Slatyford in exchange.
The swap of 22515 in exchange for 22065 took place this morning, and 22065 has already entered service at Slatyford depot.
The swap of 22514 in exchange for 22066 has yet to take place, with both vehicles in service at their normal depots this morning.
Other vehicle exchanges expected in the next few days are MAN/East Lancs Kinetics 22512 & 22513 moving from Slatyford to Walkergate with MAN/ALX300s 22341 & 22342 moving from Walkergate to Slatyford in exchange.
To spread out the cr*p so Slatyford don't have so much lost mileage! Don't know why they don't just get rid of them and put some of the spare E300s back on the road.