Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

CatsFast101
Unregistered
RE: Go North East - Latest
(03 Dec 2013, 4:04 pm)Dan wrote Sorry if it's already been posted - some (if not all) of the Drifter Streetlites now have full branding, with the front having gained sand.

Why has it took them so long to brand the front?
Site Administrator
(03 Dec 2013, 4:50 pm)Michael wrote 13 less darts in service Smile, how many of the Sr's are branded?

Any signs of the first deckers for the 56 yet?

All, I believe.

Not yet.
PB0002400/347 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Saltwell road Joseph Swan School and Dunston Kingsmeadow School given service number 846/856/866 effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/454 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Winlaton Bus Station and Dunston Kingsmeadow School given service number 849 effective from 06-Jan-2014.

PB0003954/509 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Dunston kingsmeadow School and Lobley Hill Cragside Gardens given service number 847 effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/573 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between DUNSTON HILL, KINGSMEADOW SCHOOL and BENSHAM given service number 848 effective from 06-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/589 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: WINLATON BUS STATION
Finish Point: DUNSTON KINGSMEADOW SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: 849
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 06-JAN-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ( SCHOOLDAYS ONLY)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Preserving a DAF....I've heard it all now. Though I did like the ex-Airport examples unique GNE corporate swoosh livery

Big Grin
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(03 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm)gtomlinson wrote Preserving a DAF....I've heard it all now. Though I did like the ex-Airport examples unique GNE corporate swoosh livery

Big Grin

To be honest, while it has been pointed out they can be valuable to Independent Operators, I dont see why anyone would want to preserve a DAF, there awful vehicles...Not a patch on older buses i.e. Leyland National Wink
5201 is back in service after its repaint. Been on the 56 all day. Like 4942 and 4943, it's in plain red
Site Administrator
(03 Dec 2013, 7:24 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Not to keen on the drifer brand think its a bit lazy copying the coaster got a feeling the 50 is going to end up like that

I'd imagine the customers on the Drifter and Coaster were different - they're unlikely to use (or even see) both services.
GNE appeal to their customers, rather than enthusiasts.
(03 Dec 2013, 2:57 pm)Tom wrote £2.60 from Gateshead to the Cannon Inn at Low Fell?! - What a rip off, you only pay £1.80 on the X2 from Newcastle!

Only £1.45 from gateshead to low fell and £1.95 from newcastle, £2.60 gets ya to birtley. Arriva need to be competative along the route because of the frequency.
We have been advised by Sunderland City Council that High Street West and the bus route via The Londonderry and the Empire Theatre will be closed permanently from 13th January 2014.
This road is being closed as part of the re-alignment of the new St Mary's Way and public realm works in this area of the City Centre.

Consequently, inbound buses operating on Services 9, 56, X3, X36 will be re-routed to operate via St Mary's Way and St Michael's Way to reach Albion Place and Park Lane bus station and will no longer serve High Street West or The Londonderry.

These services will temporarily observe the lay-by bus stop on St Michaels Way immediately south of the large roundabout until a new bus stop is brought into use on the new alignment of St Mary's Way/Livingstone Road.

Service 135 will be diverted to operate from Marks and Spencers bus stop via St Mary's Way to Silksworth Road, with Services 136 and 700 operating via St Mary's Way only, observing a new temporary bus stop near to the old Vaux brewery site. The bus stops at the Empire Theatre and The Londonderry will no longer be accessible by these services.
---
http://www.simplygo.com/news/enchanted-parks/
---

In the Enthusiast Area theirs a pic of the Venture SOLO SR
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(04 Dec 2013, 4:28 pm)MilkybarKid wrote Bright orange gemini decker and around 7 venture solo sr's outside saltmeadows around an hour ago.

Woo the FAB 56 decker's have started to arrive =D

Venture Solo SR's entering service this Sunday?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(04 Dec 2013, 4:57 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Reg is NL63 YHW - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/11208507193/

One wonders how it's acceptable for one enthusiast to be invited into the depot to take photographs but for others, it's not the same story?
I'd appreciate that these photographs could be taken for Go North East if they were to be used on their website and/or Social Media pages (as was the case with the same author's "Venture" Solo SR photograph), but this demonstrates fairness and equality to all enthusiasts at its best as the photographs have been uploaded to the author's photo sharing website first.
Hmm...

I'm usually very supportive of Go North East and warmly invite them to use any of the photographs published on my photostream (some of you may have even noticed one of my Saltwell Park pics on GNE's Facebook a week or so ago), but I don't see how one enthusiast can be invited to take photographs inside of a depot while others can't?
(04 Dec 2013, 5:04 pm)Dan wrote One wonders how it's acceptable for one enthusiast to be invited into the depot to take photographs but for others, it's not the same story?
I'd appreciate that these photographs could be taken for Go North East if they were to be used on their website and/or Social Media pages (as was the case with the same author's "Venture" Solo SR photograph), but this demonstrates fairness and equality to all enthusiasts at its best as the photographs have been uploaded to the author's photo sharing website first.
Hmm...

I'm usually very supportive of Go North East and warmly invite them to use any of the photographs published on my photostream (some of you may have even noticed one of my Saltwell Park pics on GNE's Facebook a week or so ago), but I don't see how one enthusiast can be invited to take photographs inside of a depot while others can't?

I cant really say anything because i don't go out and take pic's but it looks that way.

I like this one of all the Venture SOLO Sr's lined up.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/11208430826/

Anyone know why theirs a Connections 4 bus in the background of the decker? just their for maintenance?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(04 Dec 2013, 5:09 pm)Michael wrote I cant really say anything because i don't go out and take pic's but it looks that way.

I like this one of all the Venture SOLO Sr's lined up.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/11208430826/

Not to mention the upper deck interior shot of the B9 and the interior shot of the Solo SR...
(04 Dec 2013, 5:10 pm)Dan wrote Not to mention the upper deck interior shot of the B9 and the interior shot of the Solo SR...

What will their fleet numbers be, the FAB 56 deckers?
Will they follow on from 6083?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(04 Dec 2013, 5:04 pm)Dan wrote One wonders how it's acceptable for one enthusiast to be invited into the depot to take photographs but for others, it's not the same story?
Hmm...

I didn't think much of it at first, until I seen the link Michael posted and then put 2 and 2 together, I also remember a few months back that said Author also tagged along for the Tynedale Xpress Launch also. One of the 3 Authors must work for GNE on the Promotional side of things otherwise they wouldn't be able to take the Photos that they have inside the Depot otherwise.

I'm expecting not to much to be said about this by other Enthusiasts as this trio are probably "Well Known" and "Respected" and it'll be given the good old shrug of the shoulder, whereas if these photos were taken by Myself or Bazza for example there would be uproar on the NEB Trespassing Thread about it. Seems to be one rule for one person and another rule for another person which is hardly fare really.
Hmm...

I heard the man behind that flikr is go north easts official photographer for new bus launches but is just a spotter that gets invited along and does not work for the company I think you all should ask company if you can do that too
Site Administrator
(04 Dec 2013, 5:14 pm)Michael wrote What will their fleet numbers be, the FAB 56 deckers?
Will they follow on from 6083?

Deptford-based B9s: 6084 – 6100
Percy Main-based B9s: 6101 – 6117
(04 Dec 2013, 5:24 pm)Dan wrote Deptford-based B9s: 6084 – 6100
Percy Main-based B9s: 6101 – 6117

=), cheer's thought they would be.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(04 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I didn't think much of it at first, until I seen the link Michael posted and then put 2 and 2 together, I also remember a few months back that said Author also tagged along for the Tynedale Xpress Launch also. One of the 3 Authors must work for GNE on the Promotional side of things otherwise they wouldn't be able to take the Photos that they have inside the Depot otherwise.

I'm expecting not to much to be said about this by other Enthusiasts as this trio are probably "Well Known" and "Respected" and it'll be given the good old shrug of the shoulder, whereas if these photos were taken by Myself or Bazza for example there would be uproar on the NEB Trespassing Thread about it. Seems to be one rule for one person and another rule for another person which is hardly fare really.

I'm well aware that one of the authors has several 'contacts' within Go North East management (he has told me that himself before), and I understand he takes publicity photographs for Go North East... What annoys me is the depot situation. As you say, if you had organised with a member of management to take photographs inside of the buses (regardless of whether it was for promotional purposes or not), there would be a huge uproar about it on every single platform. Hardly fair, and I really can't support it. Don't get me wrong, if it's promotion along the route of the service, I can't and wouldn't complain... When it's private property that all enthusiasts don't have access to - I start to have reason for complaint. It shows a clear divide between older and newer enthusiasts, and I imagine that the newer photographers won't feel 'appreciated' in the slightest.

"I respect Go North East management by not visiting depots and waiting until they launch the buses" - right...
(04 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm)R838PRG wrote I heard the man behind that flikr is go north easts official photographer for new bus launches but is just a spotter that gets invited along and does not work for the company I think you all should ask company if you can do that too

That isn't a bad idea actually, it would certainly make the current divide between older and younger enthusiasts more fair and it would offer Enthusiasts a chance to come together more at these promotional events.
Site Administrator
(04 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)Liam wrote I think you'll qualify for the free selection box Wink
I will be lumped with a mince pie which some dude off the radio has spat on.

We certainly couldn't go together - height perspective y'know, they'd think I was your dad! Angel
(04 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)Liam wrote I think you'll qualify for the free selection box Wink
I will be lumped with a mince pie which some dude off the radio has spat on.

Doubt it. Everyone over 11 is an adult without a valid key card. Tongue
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Claws away ladies.

As Official DAF Appreciation Officer I am appalled at this name calling
(04 Dec 2013, 6:20 pm)gtomlinson wrote Claws away ladies.

As Official DAF Appreciation Officer I am appalled at this name calling

Redundant role nowadays isn't it? Unless your hours have been cut to part time, and only when Soccerbus runs. Wink
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(04 Dec 2013, 5:48 pm)Liam wrote Official? Are you sure he doesn't just pester people, so they are forced give him something to do so they can actually get some work done in the office? Monday: Here's a photograph of the Drifter.
Tuesday: Here's a photograph of the Saltwell Park. PS. Any news for me? I am a very lonely man who still lives with his mum.
Wednesday: Here's a photograph of the Venture. I really don't have a life.

You get the drift

Same person does seem to be the one who has to have the "firsts" and his photos plastered everywhere - magazines, web and enthusiast publications.