You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2019

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
(25 Mar 2019, 10:02 pm)omnicity4659 wrote The 1608 off Shields is full and standing leaving Cobalt. Hate to see a Solo on it.
I'd anticipate management checking passenger loadings before making decisions - these things aren't done on a whim!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
(25 Mar 2019, 10:07 pm)Dan wrote I'd anticipate management checking passenger loadings before making decisions - these things aren't done on a whim!

Lost half of the regular commuters then?   Big Grin
What has happened to service 19 over the past 15 years? When it first launched as the R19, new vehicles were sourced and it got the 'special treatment' to speak. I know that the economic climate has been a bit up and down over the years and Utilitywise going into administration probably hasn't helped.
Site Administrator
(25 Mar 2019, 10:27 pm)L469 YVK wrote What has happened to service 19 over the past 15 years? When it first launched as the R19, new vehicles were sourced and it got the 'special treatment' to speak. I know that the economic climate has been a bit up and down over the years and Utilitywise going into administration probably hasn't helped.
Cobalt Business Park in decline, the number of people working there has vastly decreased in recent years (yet more and more buses are being added in by Stagecoach!)

More and more offices are offering flexible working patterns - allowing staff to work from home, work longer hours (but with a four day week), etc.

One of the many challenges bus operators are facing in the current climate!

Blimey are the 16 reg solos falling apart already,673 makes this weird whining noise,and im currently on 675 which sounds like its been over reved,surely 3 year old buses shouldnt sound like theyre about 10 years old
Kind Regards
Tez
(26 Mar 2019, 12:53 pm)V514DFT wrote Blimey are the 16 reg solos falling apart already,673 makes this weird whining noise,and im currently on 675 which sounds like its been over reved,surely 3 year old buses shouldnt sound like theyre about 10 years old

Might need to trial one this weekend as I am curious now to how bad they are as when I had 680 back on the 9th September it sounded fine but that is nearly 7 months ago so things can change in that long. I need to go into investion mode, lol.
(26 Mar 2019, 3:42 pm)Ds1197 wrote Do riverside run an early morning 5?

Usually uses a crusader merc on the 5 into Shields and then onto 26/27 out of Shields I would imagine. Very early in the morning before 6 I think.
(26 Mar 2019, 4:28 pm)ifm001 wrote Usually uses a crusader merc on the 5 into Shields and then onto 26/27 out of Shields I would imagine. Very early in the morning before 6 I think.

Indeed - 05:34 from Fellgate
681 has just left Sunderland towards Silksworth, if anyone needs a picture.

Wonder if the 33/33A will get bigger buses?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
(26 Mar 2019, 5:30 pm)Michael wrote 681 has just left Sunderland towards Silksworth, if anyone needs a picture.

[Image: 46558387465_323a2b9478_c.jpg]Go North East indiGo 681 / NK66 CWW by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
(26 Mar 2019, 5:30 pm)Michael wrote 681 has just left Sunderland towards Silksworth, if anyone needs a picture.

I think whatever goes on the 33's will be linked to reallocation's once Consett Depot opens. I have a funny feeling a few Citaros from Riverside will end up at Deptford with Versa's going on the X30.
(26 Mar 2019, 5:59 pm)Malarkey wrote I think whatever goes on the 33's will be linked to reallocation's once Consett Depot opens. I have a funny feeling a few Citaros from Riverside will end up at Deptford with Versa's going on the X30.

Maybe, so: 

Citaro's on the 33/33A
Versa's on the X30

What would replace the Versa's?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(26 Mar 2019, 6:30 pm)deanmachine wrote Citaros on the 33 seems like a bit of a waste of fuel. A Streetlite is perfect for that route.

Unless the Streetlites were come off of the X66 then currently their is none of this vehicle type available which is the same for the Citaro's.

I do think though with the full batch of Omnicities from Stanley going to Riverside that something will be free'd up and allocate elsewhere.
(26 Mar 2019, 6:30 pm)Malarkey wrote Unless the Streetlites were come off of the X66 then currently their is none of this vehicle type available which is the same for the Citaro's.

I do think though with the full batch of Omnicities from Stanley going to Riverside that something will be free'd up and allocate elsewhere.

Ye defo, something will be getting kicked out of Riverside haha 

Or we get Versa's at back at Deptford until new buses arrive and then re-shuffle all the fleet around again haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Mar 2019, 10:34 pm)Dan wrote Cobalt Business Park in decline, the number of people working there has vastly decreased in recent years (yet more and more buses are being added in by Stagecoach!)

More and more offices are offering flexible working patterns - allowing staff to work from home, work longer hours (but with a four day week), etc.

One of the many challenges bus operators are facing in the current climate!

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. I'd say that although Stagecoach are sending more buses to the Cobalt, GNE still have a stronghold particularly with the 309 as that is the most frequent (taking journey time into account) and viable option between Newcastle and the Cobalt. If any service was to be at bigger danger from the 22, it would be the Coaster but that seems to be doing ok. The 309 should be ok as that has grown beyond Cobalt too with it now being a viable alternative to the 308 plus holding an almost monopoly in Battle Hill with the 310 & 57.

On another note, if the re-timing of the 309 on a Sunday improved passenger numbers and GNE extended that into a regular evening service with a frequency increase, would users of the service towards Blyth from Cobalt kick off if the departures on an evening were moved to around the xx:25 & xx:55 mark? 

The 19 is a funny route though. Still just about gets by but a capacity decrease would make more sense.
(26 Mar 2019, 6:41 pm)Michael wrote Ye defo, something will be getting kicked out of Riverside haha 

Or we get Versa's at back at Deptford until new buses arrive and then re-shuffle all the fleet around again haha

Wheres these Versa's coming from? I didn't think they were any available to be transferred at this moment in time. 

I was thinking could it not be a possibility that Deptford gain 718-720 from Peterlee (which have NSA) with 701-703 replacing them at Peterlee when 681,689,690 move to Washington.
(26 Mar 2019, 6:51 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote Wheres these Versa's coming from? I didn't think they were any available to be transferred at this moment in time. 

I was thinking could it not be a possibility that Deptford gain 718-720 from Peterlee (which have NSA) with 701-703 replacing them at Peterlee when 681,689,690 move to Washington.

I was just expanding on a previous post about the Versa's!

Aye that could happen but i wonder why they're swapping the buses around, seems a odd move.

Edit:

I hope the timetables are put in a better format than the current black and white versions....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(26 Mar 2019, 6:51 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote I was thinking could it not be a possibility that Deptford gain 718-720 from Peterlee (which have NSA) with 701-703 replacing them at Peterlee when 681,689,690 move to Washington.

That's the line I was thinking of too. I don't believe the announcement systems are currently being used at Peterlee which seems like a bit of a waste.
(27 Mar 2019, 5:57 pm)Tyne_Traveller wrote Alpha Recovery towed away Dennis Dart MPD 618 from Hexham depot this morning,  619 was gone by yesterday.

That the end of the darts then?
Kind Regards
Tez