Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

PYGALLS COACHES | North East Buses

Skip to main content

CatsFast101
Unregistered
RE: PYGALLS COACHES
(10 Dec 2013, 9:26 am)Dan wrote Just looked on Traveline... The 230 exists when travelling between Sunderland and Hartlepool for today and tomorrow - nothing for Thursday.
Guess Nexus and Connect Tees Valley are equally as bad!

230 according to Traveline will be oeprating to Sunderland still tomorrow, Thursday it should do the new route to Seaham.
Site Administrator
(10 Dec 2013, 10:58 pm)CatsFast101 wrote 230 according to Traveline will be oeprating to Sunderland still tomorrow, Thursday it should do the new route to Seaham.

That's what I said. Tongue
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(11 Dec 2013, 6:44 am)Dan wrote That's what I said. Tongue

Yes I'm agreeing and confirming that it is due to start its new route Thursday,
(10 Dec 2013, 9:26 am)Dan wrote Just looked on Traveline... The 230 exists when travelling between Sunderland and Hartlepool for today and tomorrow - nothing for Thursday.
Guess Nexus and Connect Tees Valley are equally as bad!

Connect Tees Valley have gone right down the pan. Their changes list used to be updated well in advance (afer all they do get 56 days notice these days) but up to yesterday there was still nothing on their changes list about the 230 changing. Haven't checked today.
Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 9:23 am)Tom wrote Will it be continuing after the Christmas period?

I very much doubt it. It seems a very Christmas shopper related service to me, but I guess if it does prove to be successful, there is scope for it to carry on.
Well they haven't cancelled it yet so for now it should be running. Should do alright for J anuary sales but after that loadings will start to fall away. Should have been launched back in October.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 9:52 am)tyresmoke wrote Well they haven't cancelled it yet so for now it should be running. Should do alright for J anuary sales but after that loadings will start to fall away. Should have been launched back in October.

Agreed - the potential client-base could have been built up over time in the period up to now, had it of been launched back in October. Certainly would have had a good idea in regards to the passenger numbers both when the Metrocentre is thriving and when it isn't as great.
My lass and my daughter gone to the Metrocentre today, their would of getting the X27 from Peterlee but since it arrives at Metrocentre at 11am and due to leave the Metrocentre at 3pm, which only gives her just under 4 hours to go round which is not enough time to visit most of the shops and have a bite to eat. I took her over in the car to the A19 junction and their boarded the first X10 this morning from Peterlee to Gateshead and then onto X66.

I would of thought Pygalls X27 would of left the Metrocentre at about 5pm ish. as what the old OK X27 used to do years ago, unless the driver didn't want to be held up with traffic as it would be quite abit of delay at 5pm to get out of the Metrocentre, even though at this time of year for a Saturday would be very busy around the Metrocentre.

(14 Dec 2013, 10:21 am)andreos1 wrote Has anyone seen what is working it yet or what loadings are like?
Was in the Galleries earlier, but couldn't hang about

The Tempo working it today judging by a photo on my rebranded "North East Bus & Coach" Facebook group.

Site Administrator
As expected, YJ55 was allocated to service X27 today. Arrived into Metrocentre with approximately 10-15 passengers. Rather impressive!

Oops, Scott beat me to it. Tongue
Not a bad start.
It would have been 17 if cbma06's mrs and daughter had got it.
Bet there were a few on the x9 and x10 from Peterlee who didn't know about it either.

Really hope this works for Pygalls.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 Dec 2013, 1:00 pm)andreos1 wrote Not a bad start.
It would have been 17 if cbma06's mrs and daughter had got it.
Bet there were a few on the x9 and x10 from Peterlee who didn't know about it either.

Really hope this works for Pygalls.

I might of got the X27 to the Metrocentre with our lass and daughter if the departed journey was about 5pm from Metrocentre, but didn't fancy just being at the Metrocentre just for 4 hours, take that long trying to get in and out of the shops when its busy for a Saturday xmas rush with children around etc...

Could of spent 4 hours in Modelzone for trying to work out what bus models that I want, ashame its not there no more.

When I received the X27 timetable from Pygalls via email.

Pygalls replied with the following quote:
"We are hoping that the proposed route is successful so that in the future we can broaden the Service side of our Company"

(14 Dec 2013, 1:18 pm)cbma06 wrote I might of got the X27 to the Metrocentre with our lass and daughter if the departed journey was about 5pm from Metrocentre, but didn't fancy just being at the Metrocentre just for 4 hours, take that long trying to get in and out of the shops when its busy for a Saturday xmas rush with children around etc...

Could of spent 4 hours in Modelzone for trying to work out what bus models that I want, ashame its not there no more.

When I received the X27 timetable from Pygalls via email.

Pygalls replied with the following quote:
"We are hoping that the proposed route is successful so that in the future we can broaden the Service side of our Company"

Would genuinely love to see them come good with some commercial service work.
Fingers crossed the powers that be at GNE or ANE towers don't come along with some 'friendly' competition and spoil it all.
I went along to Washington Galleries Bus Station to give Pygalls my support but it appears the bus did not turn up or it was very late. I arrived at 10.20 for the 10.35 X27 at stand F and I was still waiting at 11.15.
I decided to use GNE to visit Newcastle then the Metro Centre on arrival at the Metro Centre I noticed Pygalls YJ55BJE in the coach park.
.jpg PC140009.jpg
Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 3:48 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote I went along to Washington Galleries Bus Station to give Pygalls my support but it appears the bus did not turn up or it was very late. I arrived at 10.20 for the 10.35 X27 at stand F and I was still waiting at 11.15.
I decided to use GNE to visit Newcastle then the Metro Centre on arrival at the Metro Centre I noticed Pygalls YJ55BJE in the coach park.

It arrived at The Metrocentre 5-10 minutes early.
During the first weeks of the 230's operation, I found drivers were often departing early - not as excessive as 15+ mins early though.
Glad I didn't go to Washington to get a photo of it. Although it was moreso due to laziness (would have involved leaving earlier), if it didn't actually turn up...
Site Administrator
(14 Dec 2013, 4:54 pm)Michael wrote If there leaving early how do they expect to make money?
No the wonder the 230 was changed.

I contacted Pygall's numerous times about the early departures (especially the 17:15 one from Sunderland on the 230) and I said exactly the same as you - how it was (at the time) a relatively new service and therefore reliability and punctuation needed to be an utmost priority.
I think Pygalls have missed a trick already with this X27 if they are willing to sit at The Metrocentre Coach Park for 4 Hours, They should of done a few Short Journey's Between The Metrocentre and Washington Galleries or something to make more Money. To then make the Service more Successful and allowing them to expand into Service Work more.
(14 Dec 2013, 5:11 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I think Pygalls have missed a trick already with this X27 if they are willing to sit at The Metrocentre Coach Park for 4 Hours, They should of done a few Short Journey's Between The Metrocentre and Washington Galleries or something to make more Money. To then make the Service more Successful and allowing them to expand into Service Work more.

Seeing the problems passengers are facing on Newcastle - Metrocentre services and the crowds on the 100, a couple of short runs (particularly on match days) over the river and a similar circuit to the 100, could be worth a few more quid and certainly less mileage than to Washington and running the risk of being stuck on the A1.

Or they could really stir it up and see what they can pick up on a Blaydon - Newcastle service.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
I do hope this works out for Pygalls some local County Durham services and some special Saturday services would be very good, hope they get good loadings etc.
Cameron on the busses
Unregistered
My school uses Pygalls to transport us from school to home. I normally get F114 TML but on Friday, got G627 BPH, which had ran on the 230 earlier in the day, it has no destination options, just the route. I assume that many were confused as to where it was going. I think it may have had few passengers.
I believe I may of got the First photo of J961 TBW on Boxing Day, I certainly don't recall it being Mentioned as it had Reportedly joined Pygalls way back in January.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/11567916296/

J961 TBW has quite few former owners, It started it's life Overseas in China working for Chinese Operator (China and Lightpower), it then moved back over to the UK where it was Built and Joined the Kinches of Minety Fleet, where it Operated Scholars Services in Glouchester, In December 2012 Kinches lost all there Scholars Contracts and all there Vehicles were Withdrawn, I would think this was Withdrawn and Sold to Mortons of Little London, Mortons are Based in the Hants and Dorset Area, and they did them up and sold them on, With J961 TBW being Sold to Pygalls. Nevertheless a Mystery Solved.
(29 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I believe I may of got the First photo of J961 TBW on Boxing Day, I certainly don't recall it being Mentioned as it had Reportedly joined Pygalls way back in January.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/11567916296/

J961 TBW has quite few former owners, It started it's life Overseas in China working for Chinese Operator (China and Lightpower), it then moved back over to the UK where it was Built and Joined the Kinches of Minety Fleet, where it Operated Scholars Services in Glouchester, In December 2012 Kinches lost all there Scholars Contracts and all there Vehicles were Withdrawn, I would think this was Withdrawn and Sold to Mortons of Little London, Mortons are Based in the Hants and Dorset Area, and they did them up and sold them on, With J961 TBW being Sold to Pygalls. Nevertheless a Mystery Solved.

Certainly been mentioned on my site and been on the fleetlist since it arrived Adam... I've seen it since when I've been in Peterlee at school time too Smile

Does anybody know if the X27 last Saturday was operated by Pygalls yellow double decker, just that I picked my daughter up from St Bedes school in Peterlee and generally see a host of scholars buses operated by Pygalls, Snowdons etc..., and Pygalls had the yellow decker on the scholars and the display still says X27 on the front and side displays.