You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019
(10 Jun 2019, 8:12 pm)Tom wrote

I don't personally think there is anything wrong with the Quaylink Versas on the Q3, yes the newer ones are better but I have noticed anything wrong with the 10 plate ones.

I don't think there is a massive different in seating, but sometimes in the morning the older ones can seem a bit crowded. The Q3 seems to have grown in popularity recently, sometimes it is full by the time it reaches St Peters Basin going to Newcastle in the mornings. Good to see, as I was worried the Wallsend section would be withdrawn when it first start, barely anyone used it.

Hopefully if all of them are done, it'll sort out allocations and the Versa's will be done like the Citaro's, so all the brand has a set fleet number.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

(10 Jun 2019, 7:11 pm)Dan wrote Yes, even sits quite well on the older body. A lot of designs tend to look worse on the older body compared to the Solo SR.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You can tell by the rear lights too

Kind Regards
Tez

(10 Jun 2019, 7:11 pm)Dan wrote Yes, even sits quite well on the older body. A lot of designs tend to look worse on the older body compared to the Solo SR.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. This does look good on the older style Solo, where I don’t think the older style looked as good in the Indigo livery.

5289 (think it was that one) getting a lift back to Deptford
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
The front display on 6141 is a bit flickery today, also a bit leaky inside with water leaking from the ceiling at the front, although that could have just been condensation
Angel 6321 announced it would next call at Blackett St this morning!
Would the updates have been rolled out remotely and this vehicle managed to escape it somehow?
Site Administrator

(12 Jun 2019, 12:43 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Angel 6321 announced it would next call at Blackett St this morning!
Would the updates have been rolled out remotely and this vehicle managed to escape it somehow?

Yes, that one hasn't yet installed the update.

The current VOR position at Chester-le-Street has meant that they've been unable to keep the bus VOR for it to be checked.

(12 Jun 2019, 4:56 pm)Dan wrote

The current VOR position at Chester-le-Street has meant that they've been unable to keep the bus VOR for it to be checked.

Probs because CLS Is always short

I would imagine in the summer It will be done when a B7 can be released to CLS to cover for it.

(12 Jun 2019, 8:53 pm)Coppercap40 wrote

The Fleet allocation list on the GNE website has 6046 down twice

5327 down as 5372 too

6332 is back at CLS. On 21. Guessing it’s a loan

(13 Jun 2019, 2:48 pm)Citaro5338 wrote Is 634 on loan to Chester le street as I tracked it rare on the 25

Pretty sure I had that on the 42, so don't think so

(12 Jun 2019, 8:39 am)streetdeckfan wrote The front display on 6141 is a bit flickery today, also a bit leaky inside with water leaking from the ceiling at the front, although that could have just been condensation

It probably rattled holes in itself when it was struggling, the other week.

Lol wouldnt be surprised, 3995 and 3996 deffinately leak, cus on a dry day they smell foisty as if they are trying to dry out

Kind Regards
Tez

(14 Jun 2019, 2:57 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

Its certainly eye catching that's for sure! Perhaps not for the right reasons though

It’ll look better with the branding applied.

(14 Jun 2019, 3:28 pm)JP6004 wrote

This in byker for a reason? Toon Tour route learning?

Next stop announcements and tour commentary being set up perhaps?

Site Administrator

(14 Jun 2019, 3:46 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote

Next stop announcements and tour commentary being set up perhaps?

Got it in one!

(12 Jun 2019, 4:56 pm)Dan wrote

6318 also seems to have been missed. Although 6318 also seems to have missed the previous update that silences the service & destination announcement while the doors are open, as it repeats itself upon leaving each stop. Rather annoying. Actually last time I was on it I heard a group of 4 Australian's (probably heading out to the Angel of the North) comment on it repeating itself at each stop.

(14 Jun 2019, 3:03 pm)Dan wrote 5286 has now been repainted:
https://twitter.com/DanGrahamGNE/status/...7701702656

Very smart.

Site Administrator

(14 Jun 2019, 5:17 pm)ne14ne1 wrote

6318 also seems to have been missed. Although 6318 also seems to have missed the previous update that silences the service & destination announcement while the doors are open, as it repeats itself upon leaving each stop. Rather annoying. Actually last time I was on it I heard a group of 4 Australian's (probably heading out to the Angel of the North) comment on it repeating itself at each stop.

6318 appears to have installed yesterday at 13:05.

Site Administrator

(14 Jun 2019, 5:47 pm)N1cholas wrote

Was that the one you had on the 55, it looks smart, were you testing the new announcements out on that one too

Caught in the act!

Yep, announcements will be back up and running on the 55/55A/55X again from next week.

(14 Jun 2019, 5:20 pm)Dan wrote

6318 appears to have installed yesterday at 13:05.

I was on it this morning. I'll keep an ear out should I happen to be on it again soon.