You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

RE: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
(24 Jun 2020, 11:55 am)Michael wrote Or you can do both?, go for a walk with friends and then go to the pub?, i love to do both.

Don't get me wrong though, its not like i was out every week at the pub before Covid Tongue, I'd rather drink in the garden or someones house, but if someone says, "let's go to the pub", it's normally a yes from me Tongue.

My response is usually "are you paying?!"
Me being an absolute cheapskate means I don't like paying 3x the amount just to sit in a pub

I don't drink that much, so I'm usually just having a pepsi, but £1.50 for a glass when I can get a big bottle for that price (and not have it taste like it's been watered down)

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Martjin Confirmed tonight that they're working on timetables for non-essential places opening on 4th July - more likely weekend than evening changing though.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I'm more stressed out that the Gyms aren't opening any time soon. Also will the new GAL Streetdecks and E400s have aircon?
(24 Jun 2020, 6:59 pm)Big O wrote I'm more stressed out that the Gyms aren't opening any time soon. Also will the new GAL Streetdecks and E400s have aircon?

I can understand why the indoor gyms aren't opening, the virus is spread by droplets, and when people are sweating and breathing heavily it makes it spread a lot easier, even with the panels separating them. It lingers around in the air for quite a while, especially without a lot of ventilation, which is quite difficult when you're designing the areas to not allow ventilation between areas

Hasn't AC been standard fit for quite a number of years now, I'd be very surprised if they didn't
So when the pubs etc. reopen, is the advice still not to use public transport unless necessary? Or will the change in recommended social distancing impact this advice?
(24 Jun 2020, 11:33 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I can understand why the indoor gyms aren't opening, the virus is spread by droplets, and when people are sweating and breathing heavily it makes it spread a lot easier, even with the panels separating them. It lingers around in the air for quite a while, especially without a lot of ventilation, which is quite difficult when you're designing the areas to not allow ventilation between areas

Hasn't AC been standard fit for quite a number of years now, I'd be very surprised if they didn't
AC seems to be one of the worst vectors for indoor transmission. All that badly filtered recirculated air.
(25 Jun 2020, 9:51 pm)BusLoverMum wrote AC seems to be one of the worst vectors for indoor transmission. All that badly filtered recirculated air.

From what I've read that seems to be blown out of proportion (pardon the pun).
According to HSE, as long as the systems bring in some fresh air the risk of it spreading COVID is pretty low, even on full recirculation systems, as long as they recirculate in the same area the risk is no greater than having the system turned off. The biggest risk is stagnant air, so even a desk fan helps.

Obviously the best thing to do is just open a window, but having the AC blasting doesn't increase the risk any more than just being in the same room
Site Administrator
(29 Jun 2020, 7:44 am)ASX_Terranova wrote With horden peterlee station now open will it necessitate any peterlee area changes.

None - services 209/210 were re-routed via Horden Station from 1 June, ready for it opening.
(29 Jun 2020, 7:44 am)ASX_Terranova wrote With horden peterlee station now open will it necessitate any peterlee area changes.

Service 209/210 will be serving HORDEN station, timetable already up at the bus stop at the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: 5f4ee865d7cc7e39f709f5ca02620439.jpg]

Just been looking at the timetable of the 20 and x20, would of thought there also put the timings of the x20 on a Sunday on the 20 Sunday timetable for the key stops

Couple more noticed from this weekends service changes.

South Tyneside.
5 Jarrow to South Shields remaining on a 2 hour service on Sundays.

26 Jarrow to Soith Shields. No longer serving Hebburn, Heworth, Gateshead and Newcastle on weekends (or daily for that matter)
(05 Jul 2020, 9:43 pm)ifm001 wrote Couple more noticed from this weekends service changes.

South Tyneside.
5 Jarrow to South Shields remaining on a 2 hour service on Sundays.

26 Jarrow to Soith Shields. No longer serving Hebburn, Heworth, Gateshead and Newcastle on weekends (or daily for that matter)
5 is 2hr every night of the week. The 1914(?) departure from Shields runs off on arrival at Jarrow.
Spotted this on VOSA, 90 down as a variation but when you click on it, its got the 90 down as getting withdrawn from the 19th July, is this due to COVID-19?
.png 90.png
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Jul 2020, 7:43 pm)Michael wrote Spotted this on VOSA, 90 down as a variation but when you click on it, its got the 90 down as getting withdrawn from the 19th July, is this due to COVID-19?
It's not the route getting withdrawn... it's that actual registration (for the change) being withdrawn. If the route was being withdrawn it would show as 'Cancelled' - there is variation 11 which was a change registered on 01 July to be implemented on 19 July. Presumably this is bringing more journeys back into the timetable.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(07 Jul 2020, 8:27 pm)tyresmoke wrote It's not the route getting withdrawn... it's that actual registration (for the change) being withdrawn. If the route was being withdrawn it would show as 'Cancelled' - there is variation 11 which was a change registered on 01 July to be implemented on 19 July. Presumably this is bringing more journeys back into the timetable.

Ah right thanks for clearing that up.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Jul 2020, 8:27 pm)tyresmoke wrote It's not the route getting withdrawn... it's that actual registration (for the change) being withdrawn. If the route was being withdrawn it would show as 'Cancelled' - there is variation 11 which was a change registered on 01 July to be implemented on 19 July. Presumably this is bringing more journeys back into the timetable.
or perhaps taking journeys out of the timetable as some service 90 journeys work with the Nexus secured 23 service (which has been cancelled from the 19th July).
(07 Jul 2020, 9:42 pm)busmanT wrote or perhaps taking journeys out of the timetable as some service 90 journeys work with the Nexus secured 23 service (which has been cancelled from the 19th July).

Any idea why the 23 has been cancelled?

Here is the cancelation on VOSA for those wondering.
.jpg 20200707_230654.jpg
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Jul 2020, 10:16 pm)Michael wrote Any idea why the 23 has been cancelled?

Probably a contract change since Nexus secure that along with the 933, 90 and 937

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(07 Jul 2020, 10:21 pm)6049 wrote Probably a contract change since Nexus secure that along with the 933, 90 and 937

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ah right, 933 attached below.

937 still attached to the X22, with the last change is 4th April 2020.
.jpg Screenshot_20200707-232525_Chrome.jpg
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Jul 2020, 11:12 pm)peter wrote Services 923 and 921 are being withdrawn from the 21st and 28th August respectively:

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/556565/

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/556564/

At this rate all the work services will be gone :p

Unless they're changing operators??

Wonder if NEXUS is anticipating in people using them less and less in the future because of more people working permanently from home.

----

If the 23 is getting withdrawn on the 19th July, Go North East should be putting on the site soon.

----

Looking on bustimes.org, looks like the only run cancelled on the 90 is 18.05 - https://bustimes.org/registrations/PB0003954/528

933 - 17.10 journey cancelled - https://bustimes.org/registrations/PB0003954/973
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Jul 2020, 11:33 pm)Michael wrote At this rate all the work services will be gone :p

Unless they're changing operators??

Wonder if NEXUS is anticipating in people using them less and less in the future because of more people working permanently from home.

----

If the 23 is getting withdrawn on the 19th July, Go North East should be putting on the site soon.
Npower closing in a few month. With less people, less demand for services
(07 Jul 2020, 11:42 pm)JP6004 wrote Npower closing in a few month. With less people, less demand for services

Ah right, wonder if that'll mean changes at a later date to the X20/35/35A?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Jul 2020, 11:42 pm)JP6004 wrote Npower closing in a few month. With less people, less demand for services

Yep, npower been bought by eon energy company, it has been on the cards since last October, closing down all up north and moving work down south

Site Administrator
(07 Jul 2020, 10:16 pm)Michael wrote Any idea why the 23 has been cancelled?

Gateshead Central Taxis have been awarded with the contract to operate service 23, from 19 July.

(08 Jul 2020, 6:14 am)Dan wrote Gateshead Central Taxis have been awarded with the contract to operate service 23, from 19 July.

Shock horror.... I hope they have enough buses then.....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Jul 2020, 5:16 am)cbma06 wrote Yep, npower been bought by eon energy company, it has been on the cards since last October, closing down all up north and moving work down south

Yea, have my redundancy consultation next week

(07 Jul 2020, 11:56 pm)Michael wrote Ah right, wonder if that'll mean changes at a later date to the X20/35/35A?
Other offices still operate from the business park. Cant imagine they would pull those as well....well maybe the the 35A.