You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

The Seasider
(13 Apr 2021, 9:33 am)Micheal Aaron Parker wrote Does anyone know if the seasider will return this year. Seems strange stagecoach haven't announced it yet

I think if it was we’d have hard something by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

RE: The Seasider
(13 Apr 2021, 9:33 am)Micheal Aaron Parker wrote Does anyone know if the seasider will return this year. Seems strange stagecoach haven't announced it yet

Might be worth contacting Stagecoach and asking them?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
The Seasider
(28 Apr 2021, 4:53 pm)AIG20 wrote Will this be used at Sunderland, or are Sunderland just helping out by doing the MOT and Service?

It’s just getting an MOT and service at Sunderland as I think that’s where they are done at for Stagecoach North East then it’ll go back to Walkergate.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
The Seasider
Leaving some clues for some of you that’s being spoke about for wheatsheaf.

3 buses

South Shields

No roof

Coming soon apparently...

(Posted by Harry Barker on Stagecoach North East Enthusiasts on Facebook).

Guess this explains why the open toppers have all had their MOT recently.

(24 May 2021, 4:38 pm)TEN 6083 wrote Leaving some clues for some of you that’s being spoke about for wheatsheaf.

3 buses

South Shields

No roof

Coming soon apparently...

(Posted by Harry Barker on Stagecoach North East Enthusiasts on Facebook).

Guess this explains why the open toppers have all had their MOT recently.

A version of the original E1? That would make so much sense in the summer.
(24 May 2021, 9:21 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Hopefully a resurrection of the 22 - all we would need then are the iconic liveries back and jobs a good un.

Latest indications are four, which may allow the E1 to be operated stand alone from the usual rotation. it would make more sense to re-introduce the 22, at least then the dependency on 100% availability would not be a concern. Unless Stagecoach are finding more.....  Idea
There is a photo on Flickr of 17643 on the pits at Sunderland with service E1 programmed on the display.

I think 17239 is also now at Sunderland.

Looks like a South Shields to Sunderland open-top service is starting soon?
(17 Jun 2021, 5:34 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote Yew it's planned for the E service over the summer. I'm guessing July till beginning of September or during the holidays

A separate service going straight along the Coast Road, like the original E1 many years ago, would be good to bring back.
(17 Jun 2021, 5:34 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote Yew it's planned for the E service over the summer. I'm guessing July till beginning of September or during the holidays

That's good, least they're out and about.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.