You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

East Gateshead service re-brands | Services 51/52, 58 & 93/94

East Gateshead service re-brands | Services 51/52, 58 & 93/94

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints
It's the question of how many buses from the 58/93/94, are getting done. 6149,6153 that's only 5. As 6154 is 2019 corp so maybe it will be allocated to the 58

As for the 93/94 I don't know how many run on there so not sure. Maybe could see a same was with the Crusader how it goes 6002/07 then 6051/55
(30 May 2021, 4:40 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote It's the question of how many buses from the 58/93/94, are getting done. 6149,6153 that's only 5. As 6154 is 2019 corp so maybe it will be allocated to the 58

As for the 93/94 I don't know how many run on there so not sure. Maybe could see a same was with the Crusader how it goes 6002/07 then 6051/55

Iirc correctly the PVR for the 58 is 6 operating Every 12 Minutes and the 93/94 is 6 operating Every 20 Minutes. 

I would therefore say the following:

6149 to 6153/6161 (East Gateshead Rider)
6154 (Corporate Livery Spare)
6155 to 6160 (East Gateshead Loop)
(30 May 2021, 5:12 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote Wait the pvr for the 93/94 is 6 I thought it would have been 8. 4 buses on each. I'm surprised at that as of how popular it is

Would've been if it still operated Every 15 Minutes as it did pre-covid but now we are in post-covid it operates Every 20 Minutes which I think is justified given the additional capacity of the Volvo B9's which are now allocated.
(30 May 2021, 5:24 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote Ah I see. Is there any other services that have been affected and had there pvr cut down

Quite a few services over the past few years such as the 4/27/56 & X1 were all Every 10 Minutes at one point and now operate either Every 12 Minutes or Every 15 Minutes, reducing frequency can improve reliability of services given extra running time in the timetable, i'd still say the 4/X1 are still very tightly timed from A to B whereas other services are more slack like the 309 where drivers seems to get a good few minutes at certain stops along the route from observations made on route to work at the Cobalt especially on a Sunday Service iirc they get approx 5/6 minutes wait time along the route between Newcastle and Cobalt which for a short journey is quite a lot in my opinion.
(30 May 2021, 5:56 pm)Malarkey wrote  whereas other services are more slack like the 309 where drivers seems to get a good few minutes at certain stops along the route from observations made on route to work at the Cobalt especially on a Sunday Service iirc they get approx 5/6 minutes wait time along the route between Newcastle and Cobalt which for a short journey is quite a lot in my opinion.
When the suns out though or a match is on, the Sunday 309 journeys are known to run 10-15 mins late. 

At the monent, the 309 is standalone with a PVR of 7x but when normality finally returns, they'll no doubt need to go back to either the 310-311-309-310 interworking pattern or 309-311-309 with the 310 standalone.

Demand will no doubt increase if Arriva also follow suit with the 306 & 308 cutting them both to every 20 minutes and for that to happen and keep the 306 reliable (based on interworking with the 308), it would need to be withdrawn from Battle Hill.
[Image: 51219037965_8c61868ea2_z.jpg]Go North East | 6149 by West Yorkshire Bus Spotter, on Flickr
That's a nice livery you've got there, be a shame if someone put an advert on it...

[Image: 51221085818_d4e74a348f_z.jpg]Go North East 6150 LJ62KCU by aptyldsley, on Flickr

Surely the frames should have been removed, or fare info should have been placed somewhere else?

Saw some pics of the new First Doncaster livery today too - wonder if they've been sharing a design agency...

[Image: 51215923188_f8f050809c_z.jpg]First South Yorkshire 36239 BN 12 WOX Doncaster Racecourse. by bedford97, on Flickr
(02 Jun 2021, 8:33 pm)mb134 wrote [Image: 51219037965_8c61868ea2_z.jpg]Go North East | 6149 by West Yorkshire Bus Spotter, on Flickr
That's a nice livery you've got there, be a shame if someone put an advert on it...

[Image: 51221085818_d4e74a348f_z.jpg]Go North East 6150 LJ62KCU by aptyldsley, on Flickr

Surely the frames should have been removed, or fare info should have been placed somewhere else?

It doesn't look too bad when the ad board is only covering what is essentially an internal ad. Certainly better than the days where ad boards covered large parts of the branding, and even the logo in some cases.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(02 Jun 2021, 8:56 pm)Adrian wrote It doesn't look too bad when the ad board is only covering what is essentially an internal ad. Certainly better than the days where ad boards covered large parts of the branding, and even the logo in some cases.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with the ad being there. I just find it odd that they've left the frames around what seems to be part of the livery, and then someone's gone straight away to slap an advert over the top of it? 

I can only assume they were meant to remove the frames, given that the CityRider and Crusader B9s done in the same style had them removed.

Edit: Same with that First B9. From memory ANEs E400MMCs have the same with t-adverts covering the ANE URL.
Site Administrator
Go North East - Recent Repaints
(02 Jun 2021, 9:05 pm)mb134 wrote Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with the ad being there. I just find it odd that they've left the frames around what seems to be part of the livery, and then someone's gone straight away to slap an advert over the top of it? 

I can only assume they were meant to remove the frames, given that the CityRider and Crusader B9s done in the same style had them removed.

Edit: Same with that First B9. From memory ANEs E400MMCs have the same with t-adverts covering the ANE URL.

The Cityrider buses never had advertisement frames.

Only half the Crusaders did, so they were removed.

The East Gateshead buses should have frames fitted (and the livery has been designed to accommodate them, unlike what we’ve seen in the past where they’ve been retrofitted and covered half the design and left half the design outside of the frame) but there shouldn’t be any adverts in them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02 Jun 2021, 10:34 pm)Dan wrote The Cityrider buses never had advertisement frames.

Only half the Crusaders did, so they were removed.

The East Gateshead buses should have frames fitted (and the livery has been designed to accommodate them, unlike what we’ve seen in the past where they’ve been retrofitted and covered half the design and left half the design outside of the frame) but there shouldn’t be any adverts in them yet.

Have the metro shuttles and one of the quaulink gone for refurb? They not been in service for over a month and presumably would of already been repainted before now
(02 Jun 2021, 10:34 pm)Dan wrote The East Gateshead buses should have frames fitted (and the livery has been designed to accommodate them, unlike what we’ve seen in the past where they’ve been retrofitted and covered half the design and left half the design outside of the frame) but there shouldn’t be any adverts in them yet.

Naughty advertisement company *slap*
(02 Jun 2021, 8:33 pm)mb134 wrote [Image: 51219037965_8c61868ea2_z.jpg]Go North East | 6149 by West Yorkshire Bus Spotter, on Flickr

Saw some pics of the new First Doncaster livery today too - wonder if they've been sharing a design agency...

[Image: 51215923188_f8f050809c_z.jpg]First South Yorkshire 36239 BN 12 WOX Doncaster Racecourse. by bedford97, on Flickr

I was passing through Donny a couple of months ago and saw the livery.
Compared it to the new colour scheme on the 56.
Apparently the 56 colour scheme was done by a different agency to normal.
So now we have an agency that copies a copy and paste agency.

No idea who did this one. Could be the copy and paste agency or the agency that copies the copy and paste agency Huh
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Jun 2021, 8:12 am)Andreos1 wrote I was passing through Donny a couple of months ago and saw the livery.

No idea who did this one. Could be the copy and paste agency or the agency that copies the copy and paste agency Huh

If a different copy and paste agency has indeed copied that particular copy and paste agency for the 56 livery, then they've done a very good job at copying and pasting.

But I just think it's the one copy and paste agency who doesn't seem to be able to copy and paste consistency between liveries.
(03 Jun 2021, 9:01 am)omnicity4659 wrote If a different copy and paste agency has indeed copied that particular copy and paste agency for the 56 livery, then they've done a very good job at copying and pasting.

But I just think it's the one copy and paste agency who doesn't seem to be able to copy and paste consistency between liveries.

The discussion about the 56 and Donny buses might be in this thread. Or somewhere else. 
I find it difficult to keep up with what has been posted where these days.

Not sure the search function is working either.
(03 Jun 2021, 8:12 am)Andreos1 wrote I was passing through Donny a couple of months ago and saw the livery.

And here is another similar livery

https://flic.kr/p/2kYpvrT
(03 Jun 2021, 5:49 pm)streetdeckfan wrote It's even got the same awful vinyl on the front window!

Just seems like someone's been given work on the first of the month, procrastinated for 4 weeks, then remembered they had some liveries to make at 3pm on the last Friday.

Same design agency or not, some of the liveries coming out at the moment - across a number of operators - are uninspiring and unoriginal. To be honest it makes it slightly worse if they are different agencies, if I'd saw company X do a livery for First, then why would I be okay giving a virtually identical one to Go-Ahead, for example? 

If all the hype from some of these agencies is to be believed, we shouldn't live in a world where the new Stagecoach liveries, as smart as they are (and as much as I like them), are some of the freshest, most unique, and eye-catching out there.
Tbh we are coming into a new era of bus branding.

Stagecoach want all there buses to look the same. Same livery

Go North East seem to be doing branding that won't confused people. Like many branding did with wacky names. (Some were good. Some were bad)

Arriva seem to be doing a new style of blue to there buses while introducing a new style of Sapphire and fazing out the max brand.

Like how many buses have been debrand or changed from max to Sapphire or max to normal

Mainly Go North East with there X Lines saying there part of a branding. Fast and quick services. Tbh some of the branding that's was previously before coming X Lines made little to no sense

Red Arrows X1 (Don't know what that was meant to symbolise)

Red Kite X45/6/7 (Showing the buses passed the area where Red kites have been spotted and the Red Kite trail) possible but could be wrong

ToonLink X70/71 (A link to the toon I'm guessing from Stanley and Consett)

Tynedale Express X84/85 (Simpl a Tynedale Express from Hexham to Newcastle)

Can't say much on the X9/X10 as there's was simpl before becoming X Lines

Castle Express X21(Didn't see the point in this part unless there was a reason)

X Lines is one of GNE better branding. Giving them a new look to show there the quicker links to other buses.

Especially with the X21 & 21. Quicker links to Durham between the two
(03 Jun 2021, 5:38 pm)busmanT wrote And here is another similar livery

https://flic.kr/p/2kYpvrT

Had to have a double take there. Thought it must have been Deptford's new livery for the 2!
Never in my wildest thoughts would it be somewhere in Suffolk!
(03 Jun 2021, 8:55 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote Tbh we are coming into a new era of bus branding.

Stagecoach want all there buses to look the same. Same livery

Go North East seem to be doing branding that won't confused people. Like many branding did with wacky names. (Some were good. Some were bad)

Arriva seem to be doing a new style of blue to there buses while introducing a new style of Sapphire and fazing out the max brand.

Like how many buses have been debrand or changed from max to Sapphire or max to normal

Mainly Go North East with there X Lines saying there part of a branding. Fast and quick services. Tbh some of the branding that's was previously before coming X Lines made little to no sense

Red Arrows X1 (Don't know what that was meant to symbolise)

Red Kite X45/6/7 (Showing the buses passed the area where Red kites have been spotted and the Red Kite trail) possible but could be wrong

ToonLink X70/71 (A link to the toon I'm guessing from Stanley and Consett)

Tynedale Express X84/85 (Simpl a Tynedale Express from Hexham to Newcastle)

Can't say much on the X9/X10 as there's was simpl before becoming X Lines

Castle Express X21(Didn't see the point in this part unless there was a reason)

X Lines is one of GNE better branding. Giving them a new look to show there the quicker links to other buses.

Especially with the X21 & 21. Quicker links to Durham between the two

Red Arrows - Doesn't mean anything was just an early brand I believe.
Red Kite - Derwentside Red Kites
Toonlink - Links to the 'toon' from Winlaton and Prudhoe (originally on the Scotswood Road services / 604)
Castles Express - Links all the castles express: Newcastle, Durham and Bishop Auckland.

The two newest brands are up there with two of the most irrelevant and stupid brands imo especially when they've both had the same name for over 10 year now; it's more pointless name changes for the sake of it.

East Gateshead Rider is by the far out of the two and up there with imo the worst brands ever. If your going to brand any route about horses then it has to be the 12 with the Blaydon Races links. It's had a brand, people knew what the brand was and they've ditched it imo for no reason at all (Citylink). By all means modernise brands but renaming them every few years defeats the point in the first place.

East Gateshead Loop is just confusing and bizarre. Right you want to get the 'East Gateshead' Loop to Team Valley the place which is furthest West you can go in Gateshead.

I've said about the crap copy and pasting bland brands before though so won't moan about that again.
To be honest, I would class Western Gateshead as areas like Blaydon, Winlaton, Whickham, Ryton, Rowlands Gill etc, basically West of the A1 between Team Valley and where it crosses the Tyne, whilst Eastern Gateshead I felt was areas East of Old Durham Road, the areas like Team Valley, Low Fell, Gateshead I felt were central Gateshead whilst South of the A1 at the Angel, basically Birtley and Barley Mow was Southern Gateshead, I believe they don't seem themselves as part of Gateshead and more County Durham due to the area having a DH postcode.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(03 Jun 2021, 9:59 pm)Storx wrote Red Arrows - Doesn't mean anything was just an early brand I believe.
Red Kite - Derwentside Red Kites
Toonlink - Links to the 'toon' from Winlaton and Prudhoe (originally on the Scotswood Road services / 604)
Castles Express - Links all the castles express: Newcastle, Durham and Bishop Auckland.

The two newest brands are up there with two of the most irrelevant and stupid brands imo especially when they've both had the same name for over 10 year now; it's more pointless name changes for the sake of it.

East Gateshead Rider is by the far out of the two and up there with imo the worst brands ever. If your going to brand any route about horses then it has to be the 12 with the Blaydon Races links. It's had a brand, people knew what the brand was and they've ditched it imo for no reason at all (Citylink). By all means modernise brands but renaming them every few years defeats the point in the first place.

East Gateshead Loop is just confusing and bizarre. Right you want to get the 'East Gateshead' Loop to Team Valley the place which is furthest West you can go in Gateshead.

I've said about the crap copy and pasting bland brands before though so won't moan about that again.
Yea. Granted it would be better if East part out. It would be better.

I won't say there crap. At least they got branding unlike some routes which will probably never get branding 

To name a few 
12/12A, 6/6A, 50/50A, 49/49A, 35,35A, 69, 9, 33/33A(Newcastle) 25, 28/28A, 34, M6/M7/M8, X22, X6, 5, 30/1/2, 33(Sunderland) 38,38A, 55
And all the others routes that are stuck with other branded buses on or 2016/2019 corp version 

Tbh it's nice to see new branding and names coming up for GNE. My personal favourite is QuayCity. Mainly its unique from the rest 

Why is it unique. Because its not like the other brands. The brands have a main colour at the back. Following by the Yellow and White stripes then the bigger main colour at the rest of the bus. 

QuayCity manged to survive this type of branding. Its one of my favourite cause its the best one. If GNE had have followed the same way and had the same way most branding had. Then it wouldn't be my favourite