You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: JH Coaches of Birtley
(02 Jul 2022, 4:45 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Apart from 1 Streetlite and 2 E400's i can't see any other vehicles in the JH fleet that would fit on the 82/82A. Even the E200's may not be used because of the centre doors.
Jh have Enviro 400?
(02 Jul 2022, 4:45 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Apart from 1 Streetlite and 2 E400's i can't see any other vehicles in the JH fleet that would fit on the 82/82A. Even the E200's may not be used because of the centre doors.

I don't think having dual doors would be a problem; it'd usually go on euro rating and min capacity. 

I think the Washington work they've won is only specifying Euro 5.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(02 Jul 2022, 6:28 pm)Adrian wrote I don't think having dual doors would be a problem; it'd usually go on euro rating and min capacity. 

I think the Washington work they've won is only specifying Euro 5.

Would that rule out the alx400s and presidents then, also what will the expected PVR of the 82/82A be?
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(02 Jul 2022, 10:27 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Would that rule out the alx400s and presidents then, also what will the expected PVR of the 82/82A be?

Very easy to calculate from the timetable, 2 for the 82, 1 for the 82A
(03 Jul 2022, 1:50 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Traveline is showing the same times as bustimes for 82 & 82A, clear error here then.
for smaller operators bustimes.org gets the data from Traveline - so Traveline input sounds wrong
(13 Jul 2022, 3:48 pm)Aaron21 wrote Where link

PB1049268/325
New JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD 30 (31) STANLEY BUS STATION STANLEY BUS STATION
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jul 2022, 6:54 pm)Dan wrote It is part of the contract specification for the 82/82A, but I remain sceptical as none of JH Coaches' buses currently track (other than the ST1 service):
https://bustimes.org/operators/jh-coaches/vehicles

Hopefully the 30/31 and 82/82A will track. Any information on fares likely to be forthcoming before the changes?

Do the changes start on Sunday 24th?
(18 Jul 2022, 5:55 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Apparently the 82/82A has moved from E to L at Gateshead Interchange.

Not a bad idea, keep majority of the Birtleys together. Also, If the X1 doesnt turn up and somebodies got the right ticket, only a short walk down the path from K.
(18 Jul 2022, 9:04 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Not a bad idea, keep majority of the Birtleys together. Also, If the X1 doesnt turn up and somebodies got the right ticket, only a short walk down the path from K.

Yes, I think it's a good idea. A good fit with the 21/25/X12/X21 and like you said, the X1 is just a short walk away. Just for a few moments there I was forgetting the 82 isn't a GNE service, I'm not sure if GNE tickets are going to be accepted.
(19 Jul 2022, 9:57 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote Yes, I think it's a good idea. A good fit with the 21/25/X12/X21 and like you said, the X1 is just a short walk away. Just for a few moments there I was forgetting the 82 isn't a GNE service, I'm not sure if GNE tickets are going to be accepted.
GNE where apparently working with DCC for ticket acceptance on 725/82 but nothing has came from it yet
(19 Jul 2022, 10:00 am)Unber43 wrote GNE where apparently working with DCC for ticket acceptance on 725/82 but nothing has came from it yet

Well the services are starting next week, so I'm guessing there won't be any ticket acceptance then, but hopefully for the future.
JH Coaches of Birtley
(19 Jul 2022, 10:00 am)Unber43 wrote GNE where apparently working with DCC for ticket acceptance on 725/82 but nothing has came from it yet

I hope DCC and Nexus are asking for alot of money from GNE for them to accept GNE tickets etc… on the secured bus services, otherwise there would be hardly any in come for the local authorities if most of the passengers are all using GNE passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(19 Jul 2022, 10:20 am)cbma06 wrote I hope DCC and Nexus are asking for alot of money from GNE for them to accept GNE tickets etc… on the secured bus services, otherwise there would be hardly any in come for the local authorities if most of the passengers are all using GNE passes.

I wonder how much tickets are for the weardale & JH services
(19 Jul 2022, 10:20 am)cbma06 wrote I hope DCC and Nexus are asking for alot of money from GNE for them to accept GNE tickets etc… on the secured bus services, otherwise there would be hardly any in come for the local authorities if most of the passengers are all using GNE passes.

Not arguing, but just putting it out there, JH are only going to be operating the 82/82A and the short local 30/31 in Stanley, therefore it's most likely they could only sell cheap singles/returns, due to operating in GNE territory (much like Weardale and Stanley Travel elsewhere in County Durham). Perhaps Nexus tickets could be valid within Tyne & Wear like they are on GCT/Phoenix (it says certain services on the Nexus website, but I believe it's all GCT/Phoenix routes). To be honest I think Nexus/Durham CC tickets should exist for secured bus services. Ticket acceptance does increase passenger numbers on secured bus services, but I guess doesn't increase the income for the local authority. Having ticket acceptance in place is convenient for passengers, as even if Nexus day tickets were valid for travel on the 82/82A , passengers are likely going to be connecting with GNE services, therefore just cheap singles are best if ticket acceptance is not in place. Ultimately, what is the best solution all round?
(19 Jul 2022, 10:44 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote Not arguing, but just putting it out there, JH are only going to be operating the 82/82A and the short local 30/31 in Stanley, therefore it's most likely they could only sell cheap singles/returns, due to operating in GNE territory (much like Weardale and Stanley Travel elsewhere in County Durham). Perhaps Nexus tickets could be valid within Tyne & Wear like they are on GCT/Phoenix (it says certain services on the Nexus website, but I believe it's all GCT/Phoenix routes). To be honest I think Nexus/Durham CC tickets should exist for secured bus services. Ticket acceptance does increase passenger numbers on secured bus services, but I guess doesn't increase the income for the local authority. Having ticket acceptance in place is convenient for passengers, as even if Nexus day tickets were valid for travel on the 82/82A , passengers are likely going to be connecting with GNE services, therefore just cheap singles are best if ticket acceptance is not in place. Ultimately, what is the best solution all round?
I've said this multiple times, the best way a bus network can work is either

- All areas have a major company runing through them e.g CLS has GNE. or have smaller companys JH, A-Line have ticket acceptance all of routes GCT have willl not make much money as passengers have to pay extra there are no opportunities for Day Tickets or anything.
(19 Jul 2022, 10:50 am)MurdnunoC wrote The Network One Tyne and Wear All Zone Plus weekly pass, priced at £34.00 per week, should be valid on JH services, as well as any services provided by Nexus, DCC, or NCC.

https://networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/anytime-ticket/
Does anyone know what a single would be say from Ayton/Lambton to the Galleries.