You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Bus incidents
I think when I was on YY64 GWX back when it was being trialed on the X21 it ended up losing a windmirror just after leaving Gateshead Interchange. Other than that I don't think I've ever been on a bus in an accident.

Though I'd probably narrowly avoided being in one yesterday when the driver of the X21 I was on slammed on the brakes at the start of the roadworks on the A1, as everyone was being forced into one lane due to an accident further up.
[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
(12 Oct 2022, 6:02 pm)wibblejunior wrote I think when I was on YY64 GWX back when it was being trialed on the X21 it ended up losing a windmirror just after leaving Gateshead Interchange. Other than that I don't think I've ever been on a bus in an accident.

Though I'd probably narrowly avoided being in one yesterday when the driver of the X21 I was on slammed on the brakes at the start of the roadworks on the A1, as everyone was being forced into one lane due to an accident further up.
I've been in a few incidents mainly when a bus has hit a wingmirror, or someone has hit the bus. 

5397 must have been in quite the incident https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...1640453819
(22 Oct 2022, 3:29 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Imagine actually wanting to get home and having those tits on board.

The driver should have kicked them off
I agree, however its the kicking them off which is the hard part they're not going to get off. 

And when the next bus comes they are going to push to the front of the queue and force themselves on.
(22 Oct 2022, 3:34 pm)Unber43 wrote I agree, however its the kicking them off which is the hard part they're not going to get off. 

And when the next bus comes they are going to push to the front of the queue and force themselves on.

It was to promote a new single. I have a feeling the two people getting on are stooges and the driver knows exactly what is going on hence the rather long time for them to board so the drone could go around.

Whether upper management knows, who knows, but it doesn't seem random.

Found it slightly amusing ngl.
(22 Oct 2022, 9:05 pm)Storx wrote It was to promote a new single. I have a feeling the two people getting on are stooges and the driver knows exactly what is going on hence the rather long time for them to board so the drone could go around.

Whether upper management knows, who knows, but it doesn't seem random.

Found it slightly amusing ngl.

Watching it, I found it amusing, but if I was that passenger downstairs I'd be well pissed! I'd be whacking a complaint straight into Arriva about it given, like you say, the driver was essentially going along with it.
(10 Nov 2022, 6:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...s2EaiGuM4l&id=100035369666210&sfnsn=scwspmo

Not sure where they get Shiney Row from.
But anyway, hit and run in the Mount Pleasant area this morning involving a couple of cars and a bus.
Anyone know what bus it was?

(10 Nov 2022, 9:00 pm)nova347 wrote Anyone know what bus it was
Never mind, 5368
(14 Dec 2022, 7:53 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Hmmm... engineering announce they're going on strike and all of a sudden buses are catching on fire.

maybe a case for poirot or marple?
(14 Dec 2022, 7:53 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Hmmm... engineering announce they're going on strike and all of a sudden buses are catching on fire.
It's not all of a sudden though, is it? There's been a semi-regular occurrence of engine fires for a good few years now.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(15 Dec 2022, 9:06 am)BusLoverMum wrote If this has happened to such a new bus then neglect, willful negligence or something that is an issue for recall must be involved.

ADL might turn round and point to any retrofitting of various components and blame that.

Unsure what this specific batch have had fitted but it might certainly be the get out clause.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(15 Dec 2022, 7:52 am)Rob44 wrote maybe a case for poirot or marple?

I think Vera would be more suitable!

(15 Dec 2022, 9:36 am)Andreos1 wrote ADL might turn round and point to any retrofitting of various components and blame that.

Unsure what this specific batch have had fitted but it might certainly be the get out clause.

They haven't had anything done to them though have they? They were delivered from the factory in that spec
(15 Dec 2022, 8:04 am)Adrian wrote It's not all of a sudden though, is it? There's been a semi-regular occurrence of engine fires for a good few years now.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I remember someone saying that GNE don't do regular maintence and just do it when its needed/breakdowns.

I could swear I remember something like every 4 months we do a full check on our buses, and every 6 weeks we just do a small check of them or something like that on their website
(15 Dec 2022, 12:19 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I think Vera would be more suitable!

They haven't had anything done to them though have they? They were delivered from the factory in that spec

Interior wise - yeah, think they were delivered in that spec.
However, there may have been additional features added to the engine bay following on from that.
Ironically, some of those features can include fire supression systems!
https://www.fireshieldsystemsltd.co.uk/a...ons/buses/
Mandatory for vehicles manufactured from 2021 onwards according to that link.
There's even a local supplier https://www.elitevehiclesupplies.com/aut...n-systems/

If the vehicle yesterday was fitted with one of those fire supression devices. I'd be demanding my money back.
(14 Dec 2022, 7:47 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [Image: 318429291_1164027277811086_4382373299166...e=63C190FF]

That elf has been up to no good so it seems.

Perhaps our very own Daniel should keep a closer eye.

He needs to be if that elf is tasked with making GNE seem like more of a personable business.

After all it is something they need to be apparently focusing on, as it will also apparently aid recruitment in GNE being seen as an employer of choice.
(15 Dec 2022, 12:37 pm)Unber43 wrote I remember someone saying that GNE don't do regular maintence and just do it when its needed/breakdowns.

I could swear I remember something like every 4 months we do a full check on our buses, and every 6 weeks we just do a small check of them or something like that on their website
It is a requirement of holding an Operator's Licence that operators undertake regular inspections of their vehicles and maintain them in a roadworthy condition- normally every 4 weeks.
Guide to maintaining roadworthiness