You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(02 Feb 2014, 2:31 pm)Michael wrote Wonder if any of the drivers had a few tears yesterday for Gateshead or Winlaton depot closing.. most of the drivers probables being their for years and class it as their home...

I think the answer will be yes. Some even took early retirement than have the upheaval of moving!
(02 Feb 2014, 2:59 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think the answer will be yes. Some even took early retirement than have the upheaval of moving!

That's a shame they retired because of moving depots but bet they get a decent pension.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Feb 2014, 3:02 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote I think that the CC B9's will launch Tomorrow. Does every bus have the tagline fast and frequent link to North Shields?

Some have....but not as quick as the Metro mind pet on them

(source - HP)
(02 Feb 2014, 3:05 pm)Michael wrote That's a shame they retired because of moving depots but bet they get a decent pension.

surely i dont think he was being serious..
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 4:50 pm)Wellsey18 wrote surely i dont think he was being serious..

You want to see some of the Facebook posts by employees at the depots in question...
(02 Feb 2014, 4:50 pm)Dan wrote You want to see some of the Facebook posts by employees at the depots in question...

Care to go on?! Lol
(02 Feb 2014, 4:50 pm)Dan wrote You want to see some of the Facebook posts by employees at the depots in question...

The memories that carbuncle of a shed must hold....and the memories that identikit carbuncle Riverside will now hold
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 5:17 pm)gtomlinson wrote The memories that carbuncle of a shed must hold....and the memories that identikit carbuncle Riverside will now hold

Close enough! Tongue
(02 Feb 2014, 10:42 am)Dan wrote On the subject of the X66, I'd like to make reference to a topic discussed a few days ago: interior branding.

5347 now carries the same interior stickers as new purchases, as shown in the attachments below. If what I have been told is true, then these will be rolled out across the entire fleet and standardised interior branding will follow.

Pity GNE keep plastering stickers over windows - they're for looking out of, not covering in branding or stickers. A few years ago they were obsessed with obliterating the view from the front windows of deckers with random fares information on the route. Although I'm a fan of branding outside, I've never liked the massive amount of mainly useless information (often in tiny print you need binoculars to read) they have
a compulsion to cover the inside of branded buses with - did anyone really read it all? Must've been really sad if they did!
(02 Feb 2014, 5:55 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote Pity GNE keep plastering stickers over windows - they're for looking out of, not covering in branding or stickers. A few years ago they were obsessed with obliterating the view from the front windows of deckers with random fares information on the route. Although I'm a fan of branding outside, I've never liked the massive amount of mainly useless information (often in tiny print you need binoculars to read) they have
a compulsion to cover the inside of branded buses with - did anyone really read it all? Must've been really sad if they did!

People read it for routes and info about the brand etc, it helps quite lot when your not from the area.

I'm i sad because i used to read it?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Half of the bus drivers look sick anyways never smile Attitude is disgraceful want to be greatfull they got a job when it says on there buses respect our staff should say respect our passergers in the drivers cab
(02 Feb 2014, 6:29 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Half of the bus drivers look sick anyways never smile Attitude is disgraceful want to be greatfull they got a job when it says on there buses respect our staff should say respect our passergers in the drivers cab

Doesn't apply to the Tyne Valley drivers, but, I presume, if you are faced with abuse from passengers it is hard to remain friendly.
(02 Feb 2014, 5:57 pm)Michael wrote People read it for routes and info about the brand etc, it helps quite lot when your not from the area.

I'm i sad because i used to read it?

Must admit to learning the Lambton Worm song when the lyrics were on the 71.
whist lads, haad yer gobs...

Having never been on a Blaydon Racers bus, do you know if the lyrics were written out on there?
....gannin along the Scotswoooooood Road....

Mind if The Magic Roundabout had lasted... They could have has the theme tune piped through the bus!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 6:55 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Do the new Spares on Cobalt/Fab 56 have wifi or sockets or are they just bog standard.

They are equipped to the same standard as the branded examples.
Thats good!! Im assuming its the same with the red Versas.

I understand the 10 back ups dont have these features

What about the other back ups, Angel, Red arrows, TTX

Did they ever fit these buses with the features of the newer buses on the brands

(02 Feb 2014, 6:56 pm)Dan wrote They are equipped to the same standard as the branded examples.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 6:59 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Thats good!! Im assuming its the same with the red Versas.

I understand the 10 back ups dont have these features

What about the other back ups, Angel, Red arrows, TTX

Did they ever fit these buses with the features of the newer buses on the brands

3963 has Wi-Fi fitted I think, so I'd assume the rest do too - no plug sockets.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 7:02 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Anyone got any new photos of Riverside today Smile

I do.
I'm just terribly slow at uploading photos, hence delay in news and fleet list updates.

I should have them up by 8.
(02 Feb 2014, 7:00 pm)Dan wrote 3963 has Wi-Fi fitted I think, so I'd assume the rest do too - no plug sockets.

It does indeed Dan.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(02 Feb 2014, 7:05 pm)Dan wrote I do.
I'm just terribly slow at uploading photos, hence delay in news and fleet list updates.

I should have them up by 8.

Took me 6 and Half Hours to Caption and Upload 75 Photos on Friday, The Time just dragged by for me.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 7:14 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Took me 6 and Half Hours to Caption and Upload 75 Photos on Friday, The Time just dragged by for me.

Totally lack inspiration when it comes to Arriva photos, haha (sorry Arriva fans!) Sad
(02 Feb 2014, 7:14 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Took me 6 and Half Hours to Caption and Upload 75 Photos on Friday, The Time just dragged by for me.

Im not a flickr master myself but I know it takes ages to upload them. But its a good system, I have a load of photos from over the years to upload. Mostly from rallies and stuff. Some are bad quality and some are good. I shall upload them soon.
(02 Feb 2014, 7:16 pm)Dan wrote Totally lack inspiration when it comes to Arriva photos, haha (sorry Arriva fans!) Sad

Same here both Arriva/Stagecoach, I have 30 Photos sitting in Folder, waiting to be Uploaded, but I just can't bothered. Plus it's going to get worse as I started another Training Course with Ingeus/Zodiac Training in Sunderland Tomorrow, which lasts 4 Months. Basically my Photostream on Flickr will be Odd Workings Galore again.
(02 Feb 2014, 7:16 pm)Dan wrote Totally lack inspiration when it comes to Arriva photos, haha (sorry Arriva fans!) Sad

That's me with Stagecoach, find them very boring.
(02 Feb 2014, 7:17 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Im not a flickr master myself but I know it takes ages to upload them. But its a good system, I have a load of photos from over the years to upload. Mostly from rallies and stuff. Some are bad quality and some are good. I shall upload them soon.

It would nice of you to share them, I quite like photos from the Past from the Wear Buses Days, back when I was a little kid.
Marxista Fozzski
(02 Feb 2014, 6:37 pm)G-CPTN wrote Doesn't apply to the Tyne Valley drivers, but, I presume, if you are faced with abuse from passengers it is hard to remain friendly.

I have seen a few driver with a face like a smacked arse, absolutely miserable...

My mate once told me Bus Driving is a thankless job, and no matter what shit you get, just smile, through gritted teeth if need be