You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Bus incidents
Understand that two cars involved heading opposite direction. One lost control and spun into the path of the oncoming bus.

Bus literally had nowhere to go, whereas typically the news likes to suggest the bus was the front and centre of the incident.
(19 Apr 2023, 5:41 pm)Unber43 wrote A Arriva Solo was involved in a collision when a vehicle rear ended it at a bus stop.

THe amount of people blaming the bus driver is a joke.

2857 on Northgate, Darlington (A167): https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/2...arlington/
(21 Apr 2023, 12:33 pm)NL62WVW wrote One of Durham Diamonds is currently on its side in field near Craghead, unsure which one it is

I'm sure it will polish up nicely.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Bus incidents
[Image: 3528f9ddb592639a042a13ec7b3d4c6d.jpg]

Go North East statement From over turned bus!

Gary Edmundson, operations director of Go North East said: "We've had a vehicle that left the road and due to the camber of the bank it's tipped over on its side.

"Thankfully no passengers have been injured and we have no injuries recorded for the driver.

"The next step now is working with the local police to try and understand what happened and the cause of the accident and retrieve the vehicle"

It’s been reported no one onboard the bus has been injured.

Photo - The Northern Echo

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
(21 Apr 2023, 1:54 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: 3528f9ddb592639a042a13ec7b3d4c6d.jpg]

Gary Edmundson, operations director of Go North East said: "We've had a vehicle that left the road and due to the camber of the bank it's tipped over on its side.

"Thankfully no passengers have been injured and we have no injuries recorded for the driver.

"The next step now is working with the local police to try and understand what happened and the cause of the accident and retrieve the vehicle"

Yer 6062. It has been said in comments on Facebook that people are in Gateshead hospital waiting for scans. And with this being the 12:06 to 16 to Consett its probably picked up a lot of the New Durham College students as one comment mentioned the bus was full.
(21 Apr 2023, 1:54 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: 3528f9ddb592639a042a13ec7b3d4c6d.jpg]

It was 6062, I think he might have took the right turn too fast and couldn't turn the wheel back in time and just fell off the road. They seems a bit far from the road tho.

https://news.sky.com/video/bristol-dange...e-12862385
Bus incidents
I'm not putting any blame on the driver at this stage, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of the driver going too fast for the corner.

I've been on the 16 a few times where it's genuinely felt dangerous the speed they were driving.

We were nearly involved in a head on once when a driver took a left hand blind bend too fast and there were stationary cars round the corner from roadworks further up. We ended up on the other side of the road and cars coming the other way had to slam on.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
I wonder if its possible there was cars coming down, and with the bus being full apparently that the wheel has actually went over the grass and thats caused it to tip due to the amount of people on it.

Consett drivers do tend to go quite fast, which I do like. But especially on the X45 it seems like they've slowed down.

I've got some photos of a friend of a friend, and it seems like its just slipped down the bank which does have quite a dip on the grass verge. There is a photo with the back of the driver but im not going to share that.
.png Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 15.23.41.png
Bus incidents
(21 Apr 2023, 2:08 pm)nova347 wrote Yer 6062. It has been said in comments on Facebook that people are in Gateshead hospital waiting for scans. And with this being the 12:06 to 16 to Consett its probably picked up a lot of the New Durham College students as one comment mentioned the bus was full.

Further to our post, it has now being reported Eleven people have been treated by ambulance crews and two taken to hospital for further treatment after a double-decker bus overturned on a busy County Durham road. We hope they are fit and well!

More to come from Bus company.

- Posted by Stanley County Durham Facebook page

(21 Apr 2023, 2:17 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I'm not putting any blame on the driver at this stage, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of the driver going too fast for the corner.

I've been on the 16 a few times where it's genuinely felt dangerous the speed they were driving.

We were nearly involved in a head on once when a driver took a left hand blind bend too fast and there were stationary cars round the corner from roadworks further up. We ended up on the other side of the road and cars coming the other way had to slam on.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Im not putting blame on anyone either but when i get a bus that fills up with " students" they all stand upstairs on a decker so maybe if they were standing upstairs this made the vehicle more unstable?

On a related note i've had loads of dreams of being on a bus when it ends up exactly like in the photo.............
A similar thing happened to the 25 with one of the 16 Plate StreetDecks. With the photo I added above he was too far from the junction imo for it to be a speed issue.
Bus incidents
[Image: e591fe734e246fb776084f48093274aa.jpg]

Here’s another photo from The Northern Echo, looks like the driver was a bit too far to the left and gravity did it’s thing going by the tyre track.

Wonder why they’d be that far to the left unless something like a tractor or other large vehicle (there’s a farm not far up from this location) was coming the other way and the driver pulled in too far.