Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
would make sense to put 5331 on 27 as 5330 and 5332 are both Crusader but when both 5330 and 5330 were new they were both Ten branded so it does make sense to put 5331 to Crusader
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
(03 Feb 2014, 5:44 pm)Bazza Houston wrote would make sense to put 5331 on 27 as 5330 and 5332 are both Crusader but when both 5330 and 5330 were new they were both Ten branded so it does make sense to put 5331 to Crusader

But of course if 5332 is not going to receive a warranty repaint just yet (would be wiser to keep it for later, if the Crusader is to receive new vehicles later this year!), it's a pointless repaint.

(03 Feb 2014, 5:46 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote I'll go into more depth later but to sum the B9TL Gemini 2 up. It knocks ten bells out off the E400 and VDL DB300 Gemini 2!

Now there's a surprise! Big Grin Big Grin
On VOSA today.

PB0002400/260 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Chester - Le - Street South Burns and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Concourse given service number 28,28A effective from 30-Mar-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/591 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: DURHAM BUS STATION
Finish Point: BEAMISH MUSEUM
Via:
Service Number: 128
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 29-MAR-2014
Other Details: 29TH MARCH 2014 UNTIL 1 NOVEMBER 2014 SATURDAY ONLY- HOURLY
(03 Feb 2014, 11:59 am)JP6004 wrote Fleet list been updated. Looks like 5204 now part of laser. Doesn't show 5210 being transferred to Hexham though

Fleet changes being updated since:

The new Gateshead Riverside depot became operational on 1 February and all of the allocation from Sunderland Road, Gateshead and Winlaton depots has been transferred to the new site. See the fleet list and allocation for details.

Volvo B7/East Lancs 3979: PJ02PZF and B10BLE/Wright 4920: X492 WGR have been transferred from Deptford to Riverside. Scania L94s 4964: NL52 WVV has been transferred from Deptford to Washington and 5210: NK54 NVE from Deptford to Hexham. Volvo B10BLE 4845: R845 PRG has been transferred from Riverside to Deptford.

Finally 8306-8309 and 8319 are now coloured for Simplicity ..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Feb 2014, 5:52 pm)Jimmi wrote On VOSA today.

PB0002400/260 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Chester - Le - Street South Burns and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Concourse given service number 28,28A effective from 30-Mar-2014. To amend Timetable.

Preparation for the new tri axle double deck coaches on the route no doubt Big Grin
According to Albert (some Go North East Driver based at riverside) things haven't been going well. The fob things that let drivers open the door into the drivers rooms don't work. The lockers are too small to fit their bags into and since the depot itself only has 50 parking spaces for staff, people have been parking in Costco. But you can only park in there for an hour so they have all been getting tickets.
(03 Feb 2014, 6:08 pm)gtomlinson wrote Preparation for the new tri axle double deck coaches on the route no doubt Big Grin

Sick of the Solars already? :p
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 Feb 2014, 5:46 pm)Dan wrote But of course if 5332 is not going to receive a warranty repaint just yet (would be wiser to keep it for later, if the Crusader is to receive new vehicles later this year!), it's a pointless repaint.

Might as well just send 5337/8 to Riverside as Spares in the GNE Red Corporate Livery, At least then both would have an Allocated Spare without having to worry about Warranty Repaints.

4964 heading back to Washington from Deptford, That's Interesting as 4961-63 rarely see use these days, other than on the 88/88A whilst the Versas were being repainted. And the Occasional Appearance elsewhere, otherwise there always in the Depot as I certainly haven't seen them since the Citaros entered Service on the 4.
(03 Feb 2014, 6:14 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Might as well just send 5337/8 to Riverside as Spares in the GNE Red Corporate Livery, At least then both would have an Allocated Spare without having to worry about Warranty Repaints.

Depends what the warranty repaint covers really. If I had one on a car, they wouldn't repaint it a different colour to what I bought it in, just because I had changed my mind on it. I'd assume the same would apply to buses?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 Feb 2014, 6:13 pm)aureolin wrote Sick of the Solars already? :p

I'm an Angel man now, I just feel the Waggonway needs representation (all this X3, 26 29 nonsense, honestly all this Sunderland talk...)Angel
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(03 Feb 2014, 6:14 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Might as well just send 5337/8 to Riverside as Spares in the GNE Red Corporate Livery, At least then both would have an Allocated Spare without having to worry about Warranty Repaints.

4964 heading back to Washington from Deptford, That's Interesting as 4961-63 rarely see use these days, other than on the 88/88A whilst the Versas were being repainted. And the Occasional Appearance elsewhere, otherwise there always in the Depot as I certainly haven't seen them since the Citaros entered Service on the 4.

They can't be not be getting used that much? Very quick calculations for me seem that Washington need 46 vehicles to match PVRs of the main services obviously there's scholars aswell. 88 can't be a decker so I'd assume that they'd use a solar for that, allowing the 10 cadets to be available to be allocated to the M2/M3.
Has 8249 been repainted,it's still in South Tyne apparently?
(03 Feb 2014, 6:28 pm)CatsFast101 wrote They can't be not be getting used that much? Very quick calculations for me seem that Washington need 46 vehicles to match PVRs of the main services obviously there's scholars aswell. 88 can't be a decker so I'd assume that they'd use a solar for that, allowing the 10 cadets to be available to be allocated to the M2/M3.

It has been repainted, a lot of buses aren't in the liveries that the allocation says they are in.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(03 Feb 2014, 6:29 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote It has been repainted, a lot of buses aren't in the liveries that the allocation says they are in.

I thought as much, thanks. Fleet allocation has East Durham buses all over the place! 618/619 aren't branded but are apparently.
Today, I've been on both a Volvo B9TL Gemini 2 and a VDL DB300 Gemini 2 and I'm going to compare them both:

- The character of the two is mostly the same, the voith gearbox as always gives the bus a bit more character so the DB300 wins on that one.

- The handling of the VDL DB300 is good however, the Volvo B9TL is slightly better. The B9TL wins on that one.

- The power is sluggish on the VDL DB300 with a 6.7ISBe Cummins Engine. It is slow and unresponsive initally. The power of the DB300 is mostly reliant on turbochargers and when the turbo isn't working effectively, the bus does tend to crawl and pick up pace very slowly. The Volvo B9TL with the D9 9l engine in on the other hand, is powered through and through by a pure Volvo engine. I must say it did slightly remind me of the D10-245 engine in the Palatine 2 in some way or another. It picks up pace very quickly and progressively and moves off very well when the driver puts his foot down arbeit not harshly or heavily. In terms of power, the Volvo B9TL wins hands down.

- Finally, looking at the ride quality, the VDL DB300 is good but the gear changes aren't smooth due to the size of the engine. It does feel a bit snails pace at times. On the other hand, the B9TL gear changds are very smooth and even more so with the ZF Ecoshift gearbox. It doesn't feel juddery and progress is almost certainly being made quickly but smoothly.
(03 Feb 2014, 6:28 pm)CatsFast101 wrote They can't be not be getting used that much? Very quick calculations for me seem that Washington need 46 vehicles to match PVRs of the main services obviously there's scholars aswell. 88 can't be a decker so I'd assume that they'd use a solar for that, allowing the 10 cadets to be available to be allocated to the M2/M3.

All the Cadets/Versas have been Repainted I believe, But for the Solars I simply haven't seen any out really since the Citaros entered Service in October. Since then I have seen 4961-63 on the X1(1)/4(2)/M2/M3(2) and a Handful of Photos by Bazza of them on the 88/88A on Flickr, otherwise I haven't seen them. Although as you say they could be used on Scholars on a Daily Basis.
(03 Feb 2014, 6:40 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote All the Cadets/Versas have been Repainted I believe, But for the Solars I simply haven't seen any out really since the Citaros entered Service in October. Since then I have seen 4961-63 on the X1(1)/4(2)/M2/M3(2) and a Handful of Photos by Bazza of them on the 88/88A on Flickr, otherwise I haven't seen them. Although as you say they could be used on Scholars on a Daily Basis.

i see a Solar on 88/88A almost every day now there always propping up on my local route i was on a solar today 88A it was 4961 canny ride quality
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
(03 Feb 2014, 6:45 pm)Bazza Houston wrote i see a Solar on 88/88A almost every day now there always propping up on my local route i was on a solar today 88A it was 4961 canny ride quality

You should see one every day - not 'almost every day'. I think one is officially allocated each day as the services have a PVR of 9 and there are only 8 Versas, and if I recall correctly, busmanT said something about the Solar operated 88 running onto/off scholars (but could be making that up completely!)
Site Administrator
As a result of three B9TLs entering service at Percy Main depot today, OmniCitys 5258/5260 have been transferred to Chester-le-Street depot - the rest of the 'blue batch' are expected to follow suit over the coming days.
(03 Feb 2014, 6:49 pm)Dan wrote You should see one every day - not 'almost every day'. I think one is officially allocated each day as the services have a PVR of 9 and there are only 8 Versas, and if I recall correctly, busmanT said something about the Solar operated 88 running onto/off scholars (but could be making that up completely!)

You've got that right Dan, you can spot it in the timetable - there's a working that starts on 88s at Temple Park Road/Harton Lane Roundabout at 0923, then there's an 88A from Lukes Lane at 1451 that only runs Saturdays and School Holidays with the working slotting back in at 1600 in South Shields.
(03 Feb 2014, 6:53 pm)Dan wrote As a result of three B9TLs entering service at Percy Main depot today, OmniCitys 5258/5260 have been transferred to Chester-le-Street depot - the rest of the 'blue batch' are expected to follow suit over the coming days.

Any idea when they will be out?, while on my way to Usworth college this morning, their was a SPD and B10 on their
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(03 Feb 2014, 6:55 pm)Michael wrote Any idea when they will be out?, while on my way to Usworth college this morning, their was a SPD and B10 on their

I don't know - just had the message passed on.

I'm tempted to suggest with immediate effect so that SPDs can be withdrawn though.
(03 Feb 2014, 6:58 pm)Dan wrote I don't know - just had the message passed on.

I'm tempted to suggest with immediate effect so that SPDs can be withdrawn though.

good, =), its branding should be interesting..

On the fleet allocation the Omnicity's should just replace the SPD tab without mucking about with it
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Feb 2014, 6:22 pm)aureolin wrote Depends what the warranty repaint covers really. If I had one on a car, they wouldn't repaint it a different colour to what I bought it in, just because I had changed my mind on it. I'd assume the same would apply to buses?

I have tried, hell Mr Bowyer has tried, but it just keeps going back Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Feb 2014, 6:49 pm)Dan wrote You should see one every day - not 'almost every day'. I think one is officially allocated each day as the services have a PVR of 9 and there are only 8 Versas, and if I recall correctly, busmanT said something about the Solar operated 88 running onto/off scholars (but could be making that up completely!)
You are correct there is a requirement for a Solar on the 88 during school days. The run that arrives in Luke's Lane at 14.50 does a driver changeover in Campbell Park Road at 14.47 on arrival at Luke's Lane runs NIS to St Josephs School. Departs St Josephs at 15.05 on a scholars 819 running to Heworth Metro, Fewster Square and Wardley.
Site Administrator
Thanks above!
Thought I remembered the discussion (when someone asked why there were only 8 branded vehicles for the South Tyne for a PVR of 9) - good to know my memory is serving me well! Tongue
Site Administrator
(03 Feb 2014, 7:15 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Really do apologise for been impatient but is there any approximate date of when the news will be updated?

Thanks for reminding me! Wink
It will definitely be done tonight. Plenty of energy drinks to keep me going.

Will make a post when it is up.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
A Peterlee based (ex-venture) MPD was NIS going through Shotton colliery at 4:50; any ideas where that could be going? Was travelling towards Haswell/Ludworth/Sherburn/Durham way coming away from Peterlee.
(03 Feb 2014, 7:16 pm)Dan wrote Thanks for reminding me! Wink
It will definitely be done tonight. Plenty of energy drinks to keep me going.

Will make a post when it is up.

Haha, I will admit, im not a person for been active myself.